GDT: #24|Pens vs. Rags | Sun, Mar. 7 @ 7:30PM - No More Dreams of Happy Endings

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
The issue is that with Tanev on the ice, the Penguins don't really do anything. It's just eating away minutes.

It's the same problem as last year. Sure, it's great that they're good defensively, but they did so little offensively that they ended up a wash. You're really relying on your top-6 winning games for you if your bottom-6 is structured to draw even at best.

I just dont see it. I think he was creating some solid chances out there hes just not a great finisher. Im not real big on ZAR on the top 3 and think someone else in that spot could make a big difference on that 3rd line. (lol as i type this up ZAR says f u)

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Kind of a sloppy/strange game.

They didn't look good for much of it though the Rangers didn't exactly dominate. I'd be very unhappy with Kakko and Lafreniere if I were them.

Geno and Kappy were great. Matheson-Ceci somehow survived. Let's stop with it. Sid extremely bleh again but had a great goal. Life of a star. Dumo-Letang were extremely solid. Dumo has come back MUCH BETTER from the latest injury.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
giphy.gif

Coming to complain about BART on HF then they score.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
He and Malkin may be Sullivan's two least favorite players, but it certainly is ironic that they hold the key perhaps more than any other two players save Jarry to his future.

I don't care what people say, you can just tell that it's true. He's a typical North American coach and he was a grinder himself, it is no suprise that he isn't as comfortable with guys who can be spacey at times.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
But youre assuming that he fits on a line here to put up 20 goals....i dont think he does. He didnt fit with malkin's line. They arent going to put him on the top line. Is he going to score 20 goals with Bleuger at center?

No idea, but Blu needs some more offense. If we are going to go with 3 offensive lines then we having forwards who can score is never bad.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
But youre assuming that he fits on a line here to put up 20 goals....i dont think he does. He didnt fit with malkin's line. They arent going to put him on the top line. Is he going to score 20 goals with Bleuger at center?

And 50% of this board said Malkin is done and we should trade him. I'm def willing to give Zucker more or a chance there to let it play out. Ill admit I wasn't as big as many were on here about brinigng in Zucker but it grew on me.

I'm sure as hell not going to write him off after the slow start our whole team pretty much had

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I keep saying it that he's way more creative than anyone gives him credit for. He doesn't play a full system style game. He creates and that pisses some of these awful NHL coaches off because they want full control.

He also didn't over-skate and fly out of control towards goalie... slowly paced it out and let Geno get in position.

Kid is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad