No more sleepless - moonlit nights
Forced to forget all those childish
Thoughts of love and compassion
Like a weed I wither away

20191127pdPenguins10-1576190408.jpg

Going into tonight's game the Penguins are 13-9-1
Under Mike Sullivan over the last 50 they are 28-20-2
Easy to say that this is no longer a trend and they are a .580 team
Now the question is will they use tonight as a catalyst or another excuse?
Tonight's game is a crucial step into proving they are still a contender.
Zanier things have happened with this squad throughout the team's history.
Even if they do win, a long road awaits them over the next few weeks.
Little room for error if they are to solidify a playoff spot for yet another year.

b60baff4622b6a675e7be7025e63a4e3.jpg

Making things easier is the absence of noted Pens killer Artemi Panarin.
All eyes will be on the Rangers young collection of 1st round draft picks.
Luckily for us fans the Rangers do not implement an extremely defensive system.
Killing any chance of an enjoyable viewing experience was PIT's February schedule.
It will be a breath of fresh air to watch the opposing young talented forwards over the next few weeks.
Now is the time to bank points and make a push back into the playoff picture if ever.

images

Rarely would one expect a team like the Rangers to succeed without their Allstar Panarin.
Under coach Dan Quinn they've done exactly that though winning 4 of 6 in his personal absence.
Some place that solely on Chris Krieder's shoulders, but young rookie Lafreniere too has shown up.
There are no more excuses and this is yet another must win for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

PIT Expected Line Combos:
Team Line Combinations - Daily Faceoff

Rangers Expected Line Combos:
Team Line Combinations - Daily Faceoff

r3.jpg

Let's go PENS.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rangers are playing good team defense with Panarin out...let’s hope we play with some patience tonight and not force things that aren’t there...

these are important games....the Rangers are right behind the Pens...Just saw a stat that POJ is a PPG against the Rags and has played tremendous against them ... I might consider bringing him up if we can and sending Angello back to the taxi squad...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Not having an NHL fourth line is brutal in back to back games. When guys like Lafferty are so bad that you have to play them under 4 minutes, the other three lines don’t get much of a break.

Reactions: Andy99

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Rangers are playing good team defense with Panarin out...let’s hope we play with some patience tonight and not force things that aren’t there...

these are important games....the Rangers are right behind the Pens...Just saw a stat that POJ is a PPG against the Rags and has played tremendous against them ... I might consider bringing him up if we can and sending Angello back to the taxi squad...

Do we have enough time to do that? I'd like to see POJ play and Pettersson scratched.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
idk man...but they should
What are the chances the Pens even know about POJ’s stats against the Rags? Hextall would need at least a week to decide whether or not to bring POJ back, and that might be too aggressive of a timeline for him.

Im not sure you want to demote/promote POJ back and forth; let him regain his confidence in the AHL. The defensive structure there can’t be any worse than the circus Reirden created.

I wonder if Reirden makes WBS play leave the opposing d-man alone in front of the net system. I’d keep any respectable prospect away from the NHL coaches we have this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->