GDT: #24|Pens travel to Vancouver Sat, Dec. 4 (10:00PM EST) VIA, The Mystery Machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know if I'm especially happy about this performance (even though it's been pretty good) but I'll take guys getting offensive confidence. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
I don't know if I'm especially happy about this performance (even though it's been pretty good) but I'll take guys getting offensive confidence. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

I hear ya, but the problem is it's literally one guy, who is already on fire, doing all the scoring

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
That's the key to the Penguins being able to score. Play with two extra skaters all the time!
calculation-math.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I hear ya, but the problem is it's literally one guy, who is already on fire, doing all the scoring

Crosby should hopefully get some confidence from a couple powerplay assists. But yeah Jake is carrying. Can't imagine this offense without him. It's barely watchable with him :laugh:

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
I'm trying to think of former Pens player that Guentzel reminds me of, and the best I can come up with is Joey Mullen. Great instincts, deceptively skilled, good speed, etc.

Reactions: Andy99 and Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Jake didn't know how to score and Jarry does not burn down the NHL village how bad are the Pens in the standings?

Pretty bad!

Luckily enough the teams around us have been losing too lately. If we can start getting some points we might actually solidify our spot the tiniest bit.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm trying to think of former Pens player that Guentzel reminds me of, and the best I can come up with is Joey Mullen. Great instincts, deceptively skilled, good speed, etc.

I almost see a little bit of Kevin Stevens there. Not in terms of physicality or anything like that obviously, but Stevens had that quiet confidence around the net when it came to finishing plays. He was a stone cold killer when it came to getting the final touch on plays.

Jake's kinda like that. You know if it gets to him in a scoring area he just won't miss.

Reactions: Fiji Water

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd also like to say how much I hate Zucker. The guy can't handle the puck, can't make a pass. Is he playing through two broken wrists right now that we're unaware of? Because he's basically a guy with speed and zero ability when the puck is on his stick.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Are the Islanders still paying DiPietro a few million per year, or did they finally find some way to get out from under that 100yr contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad