GDT: #24|Pens travel to Vancouver Sat, Dec. 4 (10:00PM EST) VIA, The Mystery Machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

:pensPENGUINS Travel to VAN - COUVER:nucks
IN
THE MYSTERY MACHINE

lidBG0Q.gif

Sat, Dec. 4 (10:00PM EST) RA | Networks: CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS2, ATTSN-PT
GAME DAY | GAME CENTER

- Jarry and Heinen return home
Pittsburgh's trip to Vancouver is a homecoming for two Penguins players, as Tristan Jarry and Danton Heinen both grew up around an hour out from Vancouver, with Jarry being from Surrey and Heinen being from Langley.
Jarry has never had the chance to play the Canucks in Vancouver as an NHL player, and potentially getting that opportunity to start against his hometown team on Saturday would be a childhood dream realized.
"It would be pretty cool," Jarry said. "It's one of the teams I grew up watching. I've seen a lot of them. I think the generations you see the players come through and just to watch all the different players to come through this organization, I think it would be cool to play in my home city."
And who knows - there may be a kid sitting nearby who is inspired by Jarry the same way he was inspired by the Canucks netminders who were in goal when he would go to games at Rogers Arena.
"Definitely [Markus] Naslund and [Dan] Cloutier, the goalies were always ones that I always watched," Jarry said. "We had season tickets three rows up right behind the goalies, I got to watch the goalie very closely. That was something I always ended up seeing and watched during the games."
Meanwhile, Heinen has had the chance to play the Canucks in Vancouver a few times, and discussed the best part of coming back home.
"I think just seeing friends and family," Heinen said. "I know I've been back a couple times, but I love coming back here, I love where I'm from, seeing friends and family and seeing all the support."
PROJECTED LINEUPS

images

:pens
10-8-5 (25)

Guentzel - Crosby - E-Rod
Zucker - Carter - Heinen
McGinn - Blueger - Kapanen
ZAR - O'Connor - Simon

Dumoulin - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Matheson - Friedman

Jarry - DeSmith

OR....
Mystery Plot Thickens

:nucks

8-14-2 (18)

Pearson - Horvat - Garland
Podkolzin - Miller - Boeser
Dowling - Pettersson - Hoglander
Motte - Dickenson - Chiasson

OEL - Myers
Hughes - Schenn
Burroughs - Poolman

Demko - Halak

MYSTERY

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
StK's pre-game predictions:
-Pens take a million shots, can't score
-Demko goes on LTIR after the game due to damage to his shins from all the shots to his leg pads he took
-Meanwhile, we're treated to 60 minutes of dump and chase hockey

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
StK's pre-game predictions:
-Pens take a million shots, can't score
-Demko goes on LTIR after the game due to damage to his shins from all the shots to his leg pads he took
-Meanwhile, we're treated to 60 minutes of dump and chase hockey
Demko’s sternum will be sore as well from the low percentage flubs at his chest.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I predict we'll beat them again because they suck.

It's fortunate that we have a light schedule now. Won't have to play too many more games without Malkin.
What's a good target date based on his progress? Dec. 14th at home vs Montreal? If so, that's 4 games to go.

This benefits Rust too.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
I'll be at the game sitting ice level center ice, can't wait to see the guys that up close. This has been a long time coming for me and even if the teams in a rough spot and my favourite player's aren't exactly lighting up the world right now, I'm excited.

Here's hoping they can pull out a win while looking good and generating something to build off of.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'll be at the game sitting ice level center ice, can't wait to see the guys that up close. This has been a long time coming for me and even if the teams in a rough spot and my favourite player's aren't exactly lighting up the world right now, I'm excited.

Here's hoping they can pull out a win while looking good and generating something to build off of.

Malkin is much more impressive in person than Sid. Unless Sid is going to do Sid things, which.... let's face it... he don't do like he used to do. Malkin is very smooth and .... different... you gotta see in person to appreciate it.

Every time I'd go to a game to see specific players, St Louis was one of my favorite players to watch... guy was mesmerizing but you go (me I mean) to games to see the real game being played, not the 12 inch area around the puck on the tv. The game is being played on the entire ice the entire time.... and you don't get that from watching on tv. Another reason I hate not selecting my own viewing angle in 2021 (on top of that STUCK HOME (well, before)). Don't get me started on stupid angles.

Once you seen it in person once you know the difference... if you never saw a live game before... you are in for a treat. Even though I'm not a mega fan of this team or 'new nhl' if I had season tickets (or just lived close to a team) I'd be there every game. I went to dozens of games when I lived in DC. That was the life. My enemy team, dickwad fans, but pro-level hockey 15 minutes from my home... oh yes.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Cue after the game: It was obvious that these lines would fail. What was Sullivan thinking. What an idiot....

They've got 60 minutes, or less, to prove that these new lines are the greatest innovation in Penguin history, otherwise we go right back to what we already KNOW doesn't work! And who says Sully isn't flexible?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well the good news:
Columbus, New Jersey and Philadelphia all lost 3 or so in a row, thus, squandering their games-in-hand on the Penguins for the final wild card slot.
Boston, on the other hand did not.
(boston still has 3 gp in hand, and the other teams still have a game or two in hand)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They've got 60 minutes, or less, to prove that these new lines are the greatest innovation in Penguin history, otherwise we go right back to what we already KNOW doesn't work! And who says Sully isn't flexible?

lol…two shifts is about all they have…

Reactions: MrBurghundy

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Malkin is much more impressive in person than Sid. Unless Sid is going to do Sid things, which.... let's face it... he don't do like he used to do. Malkin is very smooth and .... different... you gotta see in person to appreciate it.

Every time I'd go to a game to see specific players, St Louis was one of my favorite players to watch... guy was mesmerizing but you go (me I mean) to games to see the real game being played, not the 12 inch area around the puck on the tv. The game is being played on the entire ice the entire time.... and you don't get that from watching on tv. Another reason I hate not selecting my own viewing angle in 2021 (on top of that STUCK HOME (well, before)). Don't get me started on stupid angles.

Once you seen it in person once you know the difference... if you never saw a live game before... you are in for a treat. Even though I'm not a mega fan of this team or 'new nhl' if I had season tickets (or just lived close to a team) I'd be there every game. I went to dozens of games when I lived in DC. That was the life. My enemy team, dickwad fans, but pro-level hockey 15 minutes from my home... oh yes.

Not seeing Malkin is my biggest disappointment of this one but what can you do?

I grew up playing hockey and going to every home WHL game as a kid. I haven't been able to see the Pens live ever just other teams. So even something as simple as warm ups has me happy to think about. I barely slept, I'm like a kid at Christmas.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens can't squander points and need to grab what they can. Rust healthy helps the case but Malkin if he can return to last years form sans the first couple of weeks due to conditioning, Pens have about a good center depth as anyone. Kap and Zucker are key here. They need to score.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not seeing Malkin is my biggest disappointment of this one but what can you do?

I grew up playing hockey and going to every home WHL game as a kid. I haven't been able to see the Pens live ever just other teams. So even something as simple as warm ups has me happy to think about. I barely slept, I'm like a kid at Christmas.
Honestly, one of or both of Crosby and Malkin were hurt when I'd go to games too.

It happens =/
Enjoy though.

Reactions: Lustaf

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Last time I bet the penguins screwed me.

So... since it's a 2/1 payout, and the fact that I really don't care about losing fake monies, I'm betting 25k hfb bucks on Vancouver in regulation.

Should be interesting.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Why is McGinn skating with Geno and Boyle, two guys that presumably aren’t playing?

No politics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad