GDT: #24 New Jersey Devils vs New York Islanders - INDIFFERENCE - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Its the first time they saw our Devs this season.
We have seen that they are soft, slow and old for a few months now.

Lou can dig himself out of this hole by firing Pete & his staff today and moving a few of the washed up slow/old vets for some prospects/picks and calling up some faster/hungrier Albany players.

That may not be enough to make the playoffs but at least it gets us going in the right direction again.
They are spiraling downward right now with each game.

Lou is as much of the part of the problem. He needs to be told to step down or he will be fired as well.

Conte should be right behind him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The problem is these three guys aren't on the same page.

I think Lou & Conte are and Pete is Lou's puppet to an extent.
But, even at this point Lou had to realize that Pete is simply the wrong man for the job at hand.

For the greater good of the organization, Pete must be removed as soon as possible.
At some point you have to try to stop the downward spiral.

Lou can also put us in a good position for next season if he plays his cards right in the next few months.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Several Isles fans mentioned how surprised they were at how soft the Devils team was now, even just compared to a few years ago.

They mentioned the "toughness" factor as being a big reason why the Isles have improved this year as opposed to previous years.

The difference is on the back end. Volch, Sal and Fayne were tough to play against in their own end. Guys like Harrold, and some of the younger guys can keep a player to the outside in the defensive zone all they want, but sometimes you need to force the opposing player to turn the puck over with your strength/size. Helgeson is a big help in that area, and probably would have helped against the Redwings. But in all honesty, last night, the Isles looked like the same team the Devils are capable of dominating.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I think Lou & Conte are and Pete is Lou's puppet to an extent.
But, even at this point Lou had to realize that Pete is simply the wrong man for the job at hand.

For the greater good of the organization, Pete must be removed as soon as possible.
At some point you have to try to stop the downward spiral.

Lou can also put us in a good position for next season if he plays his cards right in the next few months.

But you know he won't do that. So don't waste your breath.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Well, IMO, if they don't make the playoffs this season, Lou will be removed himself by The New Regime.

Where is your logic behind that? It will not happen next year, or even the year after. I'm not going to get into a debate of whether it should or not, but it will not happen. He'll step down, or pass along the torch when he decides.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
People need to understand that the new owners will not do a damn thing. Have you seen the other dumpster fire they own? This team could go 0-82 and they wouldn't dump Lou, they've made it abundantly clear that Lou knows a hell of a lot more than them about hockey operations and will continue to defer to Lou until he decides to step down. Whenever Lou steps down I wouldn't be surprised that they will trust Lou to decide who that successor is.

The owners just want to use the building for the lucrative events they host there. The Devils are just a toy. Hell for all we know they could ship the Devils out of here, free the arena up for 41 more events that will make them more money instead of having a half full building and no playoffs.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
People need to understand that the new owners will not do a damn thing. Have you seen the other dumpster fire they own? This team could go 0-82 and they wouldn't dump Lou, they've made it abundantly clear that Lou knows a hell of a lot more than them about hoc key operations and will continue to defer to Lou until he decides to step down. Whenever Lou steps down I wouldn't be surprised that they will trust Lou to decide who that successor is.

The owners just want to use the building for the lucrative events they host there. The Devils are just a toy. Hell for all we know they could ship the Devils out of here, free the arena up for 41 more events that will make them more money instead of having a half full building and no playoffs.

I disagree.

The Sixers play in a tank league. lots of NBA teams try to tank.

The Devils are not trying to tank.

I would not be surprised if this is Lou's last season here if we don't make it.

Another difference is they don't own the Sixers arena.
They have more skin in the game here with the in ice product than they do with their hoops squad.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I disagree.

The Sixers play in a tank league. lots of NBA teams try to tank.

The Devils are not trying to tank.

I would not be surprised if this is Lou's last season here if we don't make it.

Another difference is they don't own the Sixers arena.
They have more skin in the game here with the in ice product than they do with their hoops squad.

I never said the Devils are tanking. My point is as well as others is that the owners will not step in no matter how poor the team is playing. Lou is their guy until he decides to leave.

The Devils are a toy to them, their main interest is the rights to the arena.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They battled extremely hard in the 3rd period but came up short, I thought it was a good game by NJD that they would have won if they had a few more finishers in the line up.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
What makes you think they want to do something? Look at the mess with the sixers. Still not convinced they are treating this as anything other than a distressed asset to flip.

The Sixers aren't a mess. They are exploiting the NBA rules to the extreme and getting away with it. It's very much in the spirit of Lou.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
They battled extremely hard in the 3rd period but came up short, I thought it was a good game by NJD that they would have won if they had a few more finishers in the line up.

How many years have we all been saying the exact same line as this or seen Pete say this?

"We battled hard, but just came up short"

"One bounce of the puck our way, and the game would have been different"

"Tough building. We battled hard, but just couldn't get that one we needed"

Its the same thing over and over again and nothing changes.

The country club atmosphere and no accountability needs to change immediately. There's zero sense of urgency and mediocrity has set in with this franchise.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
People need to understand that the new owners will not do a damn thing. Have you seen the other dumpster fire they own? This team could go 0-82 and they wouldn't dump Lou, they've made it abundantly clear that Lou knows a hell of a lot more than them about hockey operations and will continue to defer to Lou until he decides to step down. Whenever Lou steps down I wouldn't be surprised that they will trust Lou to decide who that successor is.

Yep. We're really screwed as a fan base.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Never trust bankers. Any of them.

Look what Van der Beek did to this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad