GDT: #24 New Jersey Devils vs New York Islanders - INDIFFERENCE - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
This team cannot put a complete game together, that's our biggest problem.

We can't get 60 minutes of actual effort, if the defence shows up the offense doesn't or vice versa.

We never have a single night where we're good on offense, defence, special teams, goaltending etc.

That's a big part of the reason that we lose so many games. That and a general lack of talent.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Apparently we are judging DeBoer by being out shot anymore...geezewhiz who woulda seen that coming

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Apparently we are judging DeBoer by being out shot anymore...geezewhiz who woulda seen that coming

Jim the blame has to go around to the whole organization and the players. In Edmonton the same guys are in Charge just different positions. This has happened for 7 years. Yet they remain stagnant. Personnel and players change, but the team is still having problems. The Devils could end up similarly soon.

kiwidevil

Elias a -3 and team worst -9 on the season, next closest is his bf, Havlat at -6.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I love how many key draws Elias took. Does Deboer even watch Elias take faceoffs? I get that Zajac and Henrique are out, but anyone is a better option than Elias. ANYONE.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Zidlicky needs to take a seat as well. I don't want to see him back out there. Well, I'd still take him over Sal, but not by much. He has really narrowed the gap.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
This team cannot put a complete game together, that's our biggest problem.

We can't get 60 minutes of actual effort, if the defence shows up the offense doesn't or vice versa.

We never have a single night where we're good on offense, defence, special teams, goaltending etc.

That's a big part of the reason that we lose so many games. That and a general lack of talent.

Tonight was the first entertaining game they have played in a couple weeks. I give them credit for a good compete levels and a willingness to shoot. If the Devils were not mired in the Age of EliasOcalypse we would brush this loss off I think.

Patty, I just feel so bad for him.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Tonight was the first entertaining game they have played in a couple weeks. I give them credit for a good compete levels and a willingness to shoot. If the Devils were not mired in the Age of EliasOcalypse we would brush this loss off I think.

Patty, I just feel so bad for him.

I don't know what's happened to Elias, either he's really fallen off a cliff physically or he's just not trying anymore, perhaps he's had enough of this coach.

I think it's the former though, he looks as though he's past it, sometimes age just catches you up.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Zidlicky needs to take a seat as well. I don't want to see him back out there. Well, I'd still take him over Sal, but not by much. He has really narrowed the gap.

He makes decisions that, if they work, you think "what skill!", but they inevitably lead to dangerous counterattacks. His offense used to outweigh his gambling, in my opinion, but not this year. I agree with you.

If I could, I would do:

Greene-Severson
Larsson-Merrill
Helgeson-Harrold (yup, I said it, Pete Jr...I don't mind him).

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't know what's happened to Elias, either he's really fallen off a cliff physically or he's just not trying anymore, perhaps he's had enough of this coach.

I think it's the former though, he looks as though he's past it, sometimes age just catches you up.

I convinced he's going through the motions. He did the same thing with MacLean

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
He makes decisions that, if they work, you think "what skill!", but they inevitably lead to dangerous counterattacks. His offense used to outweigh his gambling, in my opinion, but not this year. I agree with you.

If I could, I would do:

Greene-Severson
Larsson-Merrill
Helgeson-Harrold (yup, I said it, Pete Jr...I don't mind him).

Pete Jr is better than Zidlicky. I cannot understand how he continues to play him we he's so blatantly awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad