GDT: #24 New Jersey Devils vs New York Islanders - INDIFFERENCE - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I convinced he's going through the motions. He did the same thing with MacLean

Hmm...I find that hard to believe (or I wish it were not true). I just think he's making horrible decisions and he's a step slow. That botched pass in the last PP is indicative of his overall game. He just looks a step slow in everything.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Lou, Conte and Pete all have their hands in the issues that we say in a game to game basis.

Tonight was no different, even if we were shorthanded upfront due to injuries.

You have to find a way to score on the 5-3.

It's an abysmal season right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I convinced he's going through the motions. He did the same thing with MacLean

Elias was actually one of the 'better' Devils under MacLean, he's actually been twice as bad this year as he was that season.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Another hard thing to watch about this team is how poor the battle level is. I don't care if you're old and slow, once you're at the front of the net, and the puck is loose, you should be able to battle for it and slam home a rebound. Instead they just stand and watch, hope it comes to them, or just get pushed out of the crease. It's really pathetic to watch.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Lou, Conte and Pete all have their hands in the issues that we say in a game to game basis.

when is the new regime going to do something?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Cammalleri is the only player showing emotion in interviews

yepppp......and another classic pete, "if we bring that effort, we will win more times than we lose." hmmm, thats funny pete, b/c you've said that the past three years and yet they continue to lose.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
2013-10-10-5Stages.png

Take it in people

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

The problem is these three guys aren't on the same page.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
I went to the game and had fun. Devils tried hard and I didn't feel embarrassed. Isles fans are funny, I truly do not understand their celebrations. See attached.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
yepppp......and another classic pete, "if we bring that effort, we will win more times than we lose." hmmm, thats funny pete, b/c you've said that the past three years and yet they continue to lose.

the fact that he is still coaching this team is testament to front office that they know the makeup of the teams stinks. but they do nothing about it... they trade nobody, they leave gomez on the shelf

all the while just slipping from a playoff spot every day......i just want to get a sense of direction as a fan

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Another hard thing to watch about this team is how poor the battle level is. I don't care if you're old and slow, once you're at the front of the net, and the puck is loose, you should be able to battle for it and slam home a rebound. Instead they just stand and watch, hope it comes to them, or just get pushed out of the crease. It's really pathetic to watch.

Several Isles fans mentioned how surprised they were at how soft the Devils team was now, even just compared to a few years ago.

They mentioned the "toughness" factor as being a big reason why the Isles have improved this year as opposed to previous years.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Several Isles fans mentioned how surprised they were at how soft the Devils team was now, even just compared to a few years ago.

They mentioned the "toughness" factor as being a big reason why the Isles have improved this year as opposed to previous years.

Its the first time they saw our Devs this season.
We have seen that they are soft, slow and old for a few months now.

Lou can dig himself out of this hole by firing Pete & his staff today and moving a few of the washed up slow/old vets for some prospects/picks and calling up some faster/hungrier Albany players.

That may not be enough to make the playoffs but at least it gets us going in the right direction again.
They are spiraling downward right now with each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad