GDT: 24/10/15 | Detroit @ Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hard to do much with that little of ice time

Hard to even find your legs with that amount of icetime.

Fine is a stretch. He didn't mess up but he isn't doing much aside from taking bad angle shots and skating hard.
I agree with TPM. You can make that "no ice-time" excuse all day, it's not true at all. It gets harder to play later in the game because you've been skating for 2 hours and you're tired, when you play 3-4 minutes then you are fresher and have more energy to use.

He hasn't done anything offensively, in the 1st I thought he was pretty good but in the 2nd and 3rd, invisible. Mostly in his own-end, chips it in, chases after it and 10 seconds later it's out of the zone without a SOG.

He's not ready and Desjardins is still forced to use him, McCann on the other hand was great. Just admit it, Virtanen isn't ready.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Beartschi just a waste of a roster spot right now. I'm afraid Burke was right about the guy.

I think that's an unfair assessment. Lack of icetime. It's not that his line is even detrimental, it's just Willie has a raging Willie for Dorsett/Prust. I mean the 4th-I mean-the-real-2nd line was out in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd period. That's hilariously awful.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I predicted it after our first loss we would not win again in October, and probably not until the second week of November. I am most likely right.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I wonder if there is some beef between Willie and Benning. Benning wants a 4 line team but Willie refuses to play 4 lines when the kids are there.

Two possible scenarios.

WD giving Benning the finger and going with what he feels gives the team the best chance to win.

or...

WD not able to handle developing the young players and choosing to focus on what he feels he can control.

I really don't know which one.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Prust is not outplaying Virtanen.

He's getting more icetime so you notice him more.

He is. Prust is out playing virtanen by a wide margin.

Virtanen does nothing on the ice in certain games. He looks lost

corona

Jan 20, 2007
~5 minutes for baevirts, most of their shifts coming off of 10 mins of sitting around doing nothing. Shame on them for not scoring on every single shift they get:shakehead

Perhaps you're right and they would start to play better if given more ice time. At least Willie gave them 4 shifts each in the 3rd period, that's up from practically zero shifts (?) last game.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I really don't see how you can say anything bad about the kid line.

They didn't play. They played like 5-7 minutes. That is nothing. You cannot come to a conclusion saying that they looked horrible because they didn't have icetime you just can't.

People just want to jump on something.

King Crimson

Oct 6, 2011
I think that's an unfair assessment. Lack of icetime. It's not that his line is even detrimental, it's just Willie has a Willie for Dorsett/Prust. I mean the 4th line was out in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd period. That's hilariously awful.

The 4th line almost won the game. I don't care that Dorsett missed the net. The work that they did along the boards to get to that point is what matters.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

They didn't play. They played like 5-7 minutes. That is nothing. You cannot come to a conclusion saying that they looked horrible because they didn't have icetime you just can't.

When was the last time the kid line looked good?

Meanwhile, Prust and Dorsett have played well on most nights.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Too bad the Sedins have to waste multiple productive seasons with these idiots running the team.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Two possible scenarios.

WD giving Benning the finger and going with what he feels gives the team the best chance to win.

or...

WD not able to handle developing the young players and choosing to focus on what he feels he can control.

I really don't know which one.

Either way it's bad though

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I think that's an unfair assessment. Lack of icetime. It's not that his line is even detrimental, it's just Willie has a Willie for Dorsett/Prust. I mean the 4th line was out in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd period. That's hilariously awful.

Ahh what are you talking about??

They Prust/Dorsett line had a scoring chance in the last 30 seconds at the 19 second mark Dorsett just missed, the Horvat line had maybe 1 shift of offensive zone time the whole game.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

I firmly believe Virtanen will be a really good player. I just don't think right now he is.

Horvat either needs to be in a shutdown role or have some semblance of wingers who know how to play in the NHL. He's 20 years old, not some vet that can take on the load of a whole line.

McCann has been exceptional with less talent, development isn't linear. I'm fine with him staying up despite being less physically mature because he's playing well (and still making mistakes because, shock, he's a kid). Virtanen should either be sent down or learn some fundamentals in the bottom 6 with 'grinders'.

Bottom line is we need Horvat's line to score or he needs to switch with Sutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad