23rd Overall - Conner Bleackley

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
could he pull a ROR and make the team as a 3rd liner next year?

also don't think that many drafted this year will be in the nhl next year. ekblad is the only for sure with reinhart/draisaitl/Bennett/dal colle with good chances as well. don't think any others have a good chance though

R S

Sep 18, 2006
could he pull a ROR and make the team as a 3rd liner next year?

also don't think that many drafted this year will be in the nhl next year. ekblad is the only for sure with reinhart/draisaitl/Bennett/dal colle with good chances as well. don't think any others have a good chance though

No, I don't see it. Skating needs at least one more year. But that's what people said about ROR, too.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
All you had to do was read his scouting report to know that he was the type of player that Pracey would love.

I saw he wasn't invited to Canada's WJC camp. Bummer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
All you had to do was read his scouting report to know that he was the type of player that Pracey would love.

I saw he wasn't invited to Canada's WJC camp. Bummer.
There is a reason why they haven't won Gold in the last 4-5 years.

Yeah no chance he plays in the NHL next season, BUT will definitely get a long look at camp. Needs to improve skating, but also needs to polish his offensive game as well. Remember guys, he was one of the top 5 players in terms of point increase-ment since last year. He needs to score at a consistent effort before looking of NHL. With all that said, improving this and skating I wouldn't be surpsied if he jumped straight into the NHL without needing any AHL action. Though with Avs core already there, I think Avs could take their time with him.

Speed wise he needs to improve, but you guys all saw his agility and turning (is great for me) in that highlight youtube.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
"One thing that attracted us to Conner is his hockey sense and strength on the puck," said Avalanche Director of Amateur Scouting Rick Pracey. "We like his versatility, as we have seen him play all three forward positions. Being a right-handed shot, he potentially addresses a need on the right side on our organizational depth chart. We think he is a responsible two-way player, and his leadership qualities were a positive factor. It is very rare to see a 17-year-old captain of a major junior team. Other key quality traits we liked were his competitiveness and instincts."

And I'll present this one without comment. I'm sure you can guess where it is from.
The knock on Bleackley is his skating and defense.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
And I'll present this one without comment. I'm sure you can guess where it is from.

Dater thinks the knock on him is defense? That's what you get when you sit on your couch and put 0 effort into finding out what the Avs are doing, or what the prospects are like.

My god, does he have no shame? Seriously, his complete lack of coverage on the Avalanche during these last few days is an all time low for him. He just doesn't care, otherwise he might have broke one of the dozen reports to come out about the Avs, instead of just stealing them from other reporters for his articles. He reported literally nothing this whole draft.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well the kid is happy.

sPsbjOi.jpg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nice, thx

Is it to soon to start the nick names? Bleaker? Bleaky? Beeker?

The second (mid-late) first rounder I've called... (The first one being Siemens) Glad to be right on this one.

I put my money on this kid to be our pick, hopefully it works as well as I hope.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Do Avs scouts know that there are other positions in hockey besides center?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Do Avs scouts know that there are other positions in hockey besides center?

"One thing that attracted us to Conner is his hockey sense and strength on the puck," said Avalanche Director of Amateur Scouting Rick Pracey. "We like his versatility, as we have seen him play all three forward positions. Being a right-handed shot, he potentially addresses a need on the right side on our organizational depth chart. We think he is a responsible two-way player, and his leadership qualities were a positive factor. It is very rare to see a 17-year-old captain of a major junior team. Other key quality traits we liked were his competitiveness and instincts."

Sounds like they're planning on him being at RW.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad