Post-Game Talk: #23: Predators at Flyers, November 27, 2015

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ghost and Medvedev works for me.

Schultz and L Schenn REALLY struggled in this one.

Doesn't it make sense to split up those 4 and have Ghost with one of the slugs and Medvedev with the other?

At least every pairing would have a dman capable of skating the puck out of the zone or adding offense.

I hate that Ghost never seems to be out with Giroux. Give them someone who thinks the game the same way.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Which is worse boxcar65 and Manning or BP 74 and Bryz?

The answer is Wolfy and Ole-Kristian Tollefsen.

There was someone who had a huge crush on Randy Jones for a while, but I forget who.

There was also someone who inexplicably defended coach Stevens tooth and nail.

In another note, Manning does get a little too much hate around here. He's a mediocre bottom pairing defenseman. That's fine. There's nothing wrong with it. If you want to get mad at something about this team, get mad at all the money we're spending on people who cannot score a goal to save their lives.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
the answer is wolfy and ole-kristian tollefsen.

there was someone who had a huge crush on randy jones for a while, but i forget who.

There was also someone who inexplicably defended coach stevens tooth and nail.

jxc.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Medvedev is much much better than Manning, but I have to say, Nick Schultz has been far and away our worst defensemen this season.

When he is on the ice, I full expect them to get scored on.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Schultz has been crap so far this year...

though his minutes are absolutely killer now.

36.7% Ozone starts (6th toughest in NHL)
1.33 Corsi rel QoC
1.23 Corsi raw QoC (both QoC measures inside top 30 toughest in NHL)

He had tough minutes last year... but this year is ridiculous.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Shultz has to be the guy to get replaced when streit is back. Is there really any arguements as to sending ghost back? He is our savior!

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Voracek with 8 points in his last 7 games....yet playing like garbage.

On the flip side, on our last 10 goals, Giroux has 9 points.
Garbage is a little extreme. Vora getting assists is what he does.

It's VERY sad and telling that a rookie defenseman has the best goalscoring talent on this team.

Longterm, I'm not worried about 93 getting points. We've got to get a couple more forwards with a + shot though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Schultz has been crap so far this year...

though his minutes are absolutely killer now.

36.7% Ozone starts (6th toughest in NHL)
1.33 Corsi rel QoC
1.23 Corsi raw QoC (both QoC measures inside top 30 toughest in NHL)

He had tough minutes last year... but this year is ridiculous.

Really don't get why Hakstol is using him to defend leads against oppositions best players night in, night out, when he is clearly failing at it.

Would like to see MDZ-Gudas seeing tougher minutes than him. That's a no-brainer.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Shultz has to be the guy to get replaced when streit is back. Is there really any arguements as to sending ghost back? He is our savior!

Unless he hits the wall over the next few weeks you can't send him back.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

The issue you are going to run into if both are in the lineup is neither kills penalties. You can add Medvedev to that group as well.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Really don't get why Hakstol is using him to defend leads against oppositions best players night in, night out, when he is clearly failing at it.

Would like to see MDZ-Gudas seeing tougher minutes than him. That's a no-brainer.

MDZ and Gudas make plenty of mistakes given reasonable minutes. Make those minutes tougher and they'll make even more. For example, Gudas firing the puck straight to the Nashville player yesterday in the last minute when he had plenty of time to compose himself aim the puck somewhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad