Post-Game Talk: #23: Predators at Flyers, November 27, 2015

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Ghost is awesome to watch. My favorite player on the team as well...gold in OT. Nice to have a weapon like that on D. Even when Streit comes back and is healthy, you gotta keep Ghost as your top O-Defenseman in PP and OT situations.

Went up to the game , getting in was tough today... the lines for security were so long, missed two goals before we got into the rink. If anyone is going to a game soon i'd recommend getting there extra early.

Ended up giving those Penn State vs Vermont tickets to a kid and his dad in line to take pictures with Santa.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost is a lot of fun, and will eventually be a top pairing defenseman off his offense, but he has a lot of work on the defensive side, it'll take 2-3 years for him to become average to above average - that's just reality, he never played much defense in college, and he's small, which means he has a steep learning curve in the NHL. Love to have Kimmo work with him.

On the other hand, Schultz is cringe worthy as I've noted before, on the tying goal, he tries to hook the guy in the crease instead of hitting him, knock Gudas all you want, but that SOB would be on his butt or at least too busy to make a play. I want Schenn and Schultz gone so bad, they're on the same level with Manning these days. Gudas and MDZ are de facto the top pairing right now. Ghost and Medvedev are an adventure on both ends, but should improve with PT as the season progresses.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
And man , Read and Raffl are actually getting worse every game, they may be more useless than Boxcars son ?

Really like Cousin line.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I thought pretty much everyone aside from:

The Voracek line.
Schenn -- Schultz.

Played decently or better tonight. I suppose Raffl could probably be added to that as well, mishandled so many pucks even though had some nice plays on boards & on D.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I thought pretty much everyone aside from:

The Voracek line.
Schenn -- Schultz.

Played decently or better tonight. I suppose Raffl could probably be added to that as well, mishandled so many pucks even though had some nice plays on boards & on D.

I thought Jake and PEB had some good moments, but VV kills any shot at offense. That attempted pass to PEB was horrendous

And Schultz really struggled.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't mind bringing back Raffl if it was like a 1 year around $1.75M deal. It essentially pays him like a 3rd/4th liner & gives us a stopgap for next year.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's sad to watch Read right now. He has a breakaway and you just know in advance that he won't score. His shot is gone, he's slow and he's not even that special defensively anymore. He has become a marginal player. He shouldn't be on the second line anymore. Him and Couturier were a great tandem, but that's history.
It's depressing that at the moment our best LW option appears to be Scott Laughton.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
It's sad to watch Read right now. He has a breakaway and you just know in advance that he won't score. His shot is gone, he's slow and he's not even that special defensively anymore. He has become a marginal player. He shouldn't be on the second line anymore. Him and Couturier were a great tandem, but that's history.
It's depressing that at the moment our best LW option appears to be Scott Laughton.

Is it safe to say he's a 4th line talent? Man i remember when he first started playing, he was an awesome 2nd/3rd line tweener with a rocket shot. What happened... sad. This is his last year on the 3.25 contract?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Is it safe to say he's a 4th line talent? Man i remember when he first started playing, he was an awesome 2nd/3rd line tweener with a rocket shot. What happened... sad. This is his last year on the 3.25 contract?
I think his contract runs until 2018.
To me he has become a 4th line player. There is just nothing special about him anymore.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We don't need Raffl. Sell him for a pick at the deadline.

Giroux, Jake, Simmonds, Couts, Schenn, Laughton, and Read are all signed fir next year in the top 9.

Then VDV and Belle for the 4th line.

That's 3 spots available for Leier, Cousins, Straka and Konecny to fight over plus decisions on a Vinny and Umberger.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Schultz is quite the warrior, but it is painfully obvious he is struggling right now in all phases of the game. Hakstol needs to sit him for a couple.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Schultz is quite the warrior, but it is painfully obvious he is struggling right now in all phases of the game. Hakstol needs to sit him for a couple.

Why so Manning can take his spot and get back in the lineup?:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad