Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
me_399_expectations.png

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I legit had to just step away from anything Pens for the last 2 days. My time is far too valuable if the team wants to joke around. And the org doesn't want to fire Sully, so why should I care?

You know it’s bad news when the man whose whole life quest is remaining positive has become @Jaded-Fan

Oh. Just saw your second post. Guess I spoke too soon. Or your using alcohol to mimic a former you like most posters in here.

Cc @Honour Over Glory

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Lafferty and Jankowski are scratch-worthy at the AHL level. E-Rod's a 4th line nobody. We have two 4th line wingers playing on our 3rd line. The bottom-6 ain't great, but the good (or bad) news is that it doesn't really matter as long as our top-6 does their job. We're not winning or losing based on the performance of anyone outside of those top two lines.

Hope Jake and Rust are up to the task. Pretty much the entire season thus far has relied entirely on how good that combo has been on any given night.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well f*** it.. poured a nice glass of red wine (Pittsburgh Winery - Malbec). My pops just got his 2nd shot for vaccine. My mother goes in Wednesday. Even when the Pens f*** up, I'll celebrate life and hope for another day. :yo:

I'm afraid you'll need something a little stronger...

Glad to hear things are looking good on parent front. Enjoy...

Reactions: ColePens

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Bibs says that you need to get to the blue paint and you can’t play on the perimeter....

Errey for coach!!!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This was an excellent post, I just wanted to highlight this last bit especially.

We talk a lot about players needing to rediscover what made their games good, but not enough about coaches, I think. A coach can fail in more ways than just losing the room, and for whatever reason, there's a lot of resistance to people discussing that (not just here, but in any sort of sports forum). Coaches can get into ruts, they can become inflexible, they can lose vision and get complacent just as much as any player. For as much as we bag on the stars for mailing it in, we should be willing and able to point out where coaches are doing it too.

One could argue that the same applies to general managers.

Reactions: Bingo71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad