GDT: #23|Pens vs. Flyers|Sat, Mar. 6 @1:00PM - Game 3: The Return of the Jedi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Bourque mentioned it last game, but the Flyers try for the cross-crease pass on the PP.
For as decent as Jarry is at playing the puck, you'd think he'd be a lot better with his stick when it comes to cross-crease stuff.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bourque mentioned it last game, but the Flyers try for the cross-crease pass on the PP.

Not sure if Errey mentioned this too, but the Pens PK is quite adept at giving it up.

Reactions: BHD

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Lafferty and Jankowski are scratch-worthy at the AHL level. E-Rod's a 4th line nobody. We have two 4th line wingers playing on our 3rd line. The bottom-6 ain't great, but the good (or bad) news is that it doesn't really matter as long as our top-6 does their job. We're not winning or losing based on the performance of anyone outside of those top two lines.

Hope Jake and Rust are up to the task. Pretty much the entire season thus far has relied entirely on how good that combo has been on any given night.
I think you greatly under appreciate the importance of a good third line. We used to have one 4 years ago...

Also, if we had a capable third line and were winning, I’m sure you’d stress it’s importance. But the fact that the Pens have a pitiful bottom six doesn’t somehow make the bottom six a non-factor.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not exactly a fan of Mears--honestly I couldn't give a shit who is calling a game most of the time, I just tune 'em out with a few exceptions--but I do not envy having to work with Errey and work off of his weird schpiel all game, every game.

Reactions: dogthateats

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
When exactly did they begin tuning Sully out?
I’m thinking at least 2 yrs ago? Maybe not constantLy.
But I’m w Coles, I’m amazed Sully still has a job....

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You have a 3 on 2.. and you don't even remotely get by the blue line w/o slowing down and getting intercepted

Reactions: KIRK

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think you greatly under appreciate the importance of a good third line. We used to have one 4 years ago...
I really think people have a wildly warped view of what a decent 3rd line is. A $15 million AAV 3rd line with a $7 million winger is not normal, it's an extreme anomaly. It's not reality.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->