Post-Game Talk: #23: FLYERS 0 at Maple Leafs 6, Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
NO ONE THINKS FIRING HAK WILL FIX EVERYTHING.

They DO think firing Hak, fixes the Hak issue.

Understand?
th (3).gif

Pinball Wizard

Nov 22, 2017
Have to throw this game in the trash, but provorov in particular was rock solid last night. Hope he can get some momentum from that and continue his solid play.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I want a team that looks like a playoff team first. Then we can add pieces to contend for the Cup. Right now this looks like a middling lottery team.
Outside of goaltending, the roster is already easily a playoff team.

I know everyone is feeling really down right now, and for good reason, but I have a ton of faith in most of this roster.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We're at the "you gonna blow it up, use dynamite" stage.
If the season is considered over (and bringing in an interim coach is raising the white flag) then stop fiddling around and make real moves.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Fire Hakstol, trade Jake and Simmonds.
Take out all the trash together.

i agree with this but I don't label Jake trash.

I'd want to move him for a good young piece, like nylander.

Not proposing a trade, just citing Nylander as an example.

And futhermore, I'd call up Myers and NAK, maybe Vorabev too

adios Folin and Mcdonald..... weisse, lehetera. All benched, won't play unless somebody gets injured and there's no other option.

Then, Morin plays when he's ready, adios Gudas.

Hopefully that squad tanks and we get the #1 pick.

In fact, if I win the lottery this week and buy the team. I'm ordering Hextall to do this.

Reactions: Larry44

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Leaf observer here, since I live in Ontario. That was one of most uninspired games I have seen from a team in a long while. On Saturday, Hockey Night in Canada....would've expected a lot more from the Flyers.
I know it's only one game but geez....if that is any indication, something is wrong with the Flyers.

We have a horrific coach. That game is a frequent occurrence for Hakstol's Flyers.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Leaf observer here, since I live in Ontario. That was one of most uninspired games I have seen from a team in a long while. On Saturday, Hockey Night in Canada....would've expected a lot more from the Flyers.
I know it's only one game but geez....if that is any indication, something is wrong with the Flyers.

Worst coaching staff in the NHL by 10,000 miles and a GM that doesnt seem to give a shit.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
It’s like dead knows the coach is a problem and going soon. But is so butthurt he has to scream to blow it all up.

What we are seeing is a young team that’s learning in the nhl and a handful of stars. Then some veteran trash. Wish bad goaltending and worse coaching. The reason for this is we had no depth for years. The fans want to see youth played the fo doesn’t want to rush it. It’s hard cause the youth players suppose to help were schenn and coots Now we have Patrick who should improve over the years and weal. Instead of giroux coots and schenn like the fan base thought would end up happening.

Trading players now would be bad in that the coaching has been so bad If the right deal is there go for but to blow up the talent. Which voracek certainly is talented. Would be the wrong time.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I want to blow it up because I don't think the coach is terrible, he's not even as bad as Berube or Lavi at the end.
So the idea that replacing Hakstol will fix this team ignores the bad fit we currently have on the 2nd and 3rd lines and on defense.

Simmonds' intangibles had more value five years ago, now his subpar ES play means move him while he has value. We need RWs who can handle the puck, just not crash the net, JVR does that just as well with better hands and he can pass the puck.

Voracek is like B Schenn, it's not that he lacks talent, he's just a bad fit with Lindblom - Patrick and on a team that wants to play an aggressive brand of two way hockey (as long as Hextall is GM, we're not going to become TB north). Make a Kessel like deal and land a top NHL ready prospect and a 1st rd pick.

Gudas is solid, but limited, if you can get a good return, don't hesitate.

The marginal guys, well, see what you're offered, sometimes GMs will overpay.
If someone thinks Hagg is a tough young defenseman who can anchor their defense, who am I to argue?

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I want to blow it up because I don't think the coach is terrible, he's not even as bad as Berube or Lavi at the end.
So the idea that replacing Hakstol will fix this team ignores the bad fit we currently have on the 2nd and 3rd lines and on defense.

Simmonds' intangibles had more value five years ago, now his subpar ES play means move him while he has value. We need RWs who can handle the puck, just not crash the net, JVR does that just as well with better hands and he can pass the puck.

Voracek is like B Schenn, it's not that he lacks talent, he's just a bad fit with Lindblom - Patrick and on a team that wants to play an aggressive brand of two way hockey (as long as Hextall is GM, we're not going to become TB north). Make a Kessel like deal and land a top NHL ready prospect and a 1st rd pick.

Gudas is solid, but limited, if you can get a good return, don't hesitate.

The marginal guys, well, see what you're offered, sometimes GMs will overpay.
If someone thinks Hagg is a tough young defenseman who can anchor their defense, who am I to argue?

when you see teams with less talent, it's all about the style, hakstol has no system, one night he has them shooting, another night he has them playing defense and passing, that's not an identity. the identity is the team that played against the rangers and tampa, shooting all over the place, that's what's working and takes pressure off of the goalies. the coaching is bad as doug p offense, cant stick with what's working. running the ball for the eagles, shooting the freaking the puck for the flyers, what's so freaking hard about it?

both coaches are really over their heads, im going to brett brown into it, dunking the ball almost beat the cavs but he wants the players to jump shot every time before that, i mean my god, coaching in philadelphia is so stupid, stick with what's working for love of god.

Reactions: Larry44

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Outside of goaltending, the roster is already easily a playoff team.

I know everyone is feeling really down right now, and for good reason, but I have a ton of faith in most of this roster.

Ghost and Provorov have to get their act together to even think about the playoffs. That and some of the other obvious factors.

Goaltending
Secondary scoring (consistency)
Coaching
Getting better play out of our better defenders.

Not necessarily in that order

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ghost and Provorov have to get their act together to even think about the playoffs. That and some of the other obvious factors.

Goaltending
Secondary scoring (consistency)
Coaching
Getting better play out of our better defenders.

Not necessarily in that order

I don't expect the slumps to continue for long, especially if they eventually start getting used properly.

I'm looking at the roster if the players are playing at near their normal sustainable level.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00