Post-Game Talk: #23: FLYERS 0 at Maple Leafs 6, Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
All jokes aside, I’m sure you don’t actually believe he doesn’t care.

He’s definitely being dumb (if he isn’t currently working on replacing Hakstol) but there’s no way he doesn’t care.

IMG_20181125_001642.jpg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Wasn't posting during the game as I was wallowing in misery watching with a Leafs fan.

Pickard allowing three 5 hole goals to the same player was embarrassing. Konecny's blind clear straight to Marleau was embarrassing. Everything that happened in this game was embarrassing.

I just don't get starting Pickard on the second half of a back-to-back against his old mates. Tinfoil hat conspiracy that Johnsson knew Pickard was apt to leave the 5 hole open. Two of the three goals were absolutely awful 5 hole goals.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Your only option was Stolarz, who has played 7 games since the beginning of last year and had a .889 S% in three games in LHV this season - not exactly a track record that inspires confidence.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It’s getting to the point where I need to look at reality and leave the hope out of it.

It seems that Hak will stay on, and likely any move - will be a trade of a player. The inactivity to me screams one thing, Hextall has absolved his coach, and believes this is purely on the players. That can be said regarding Lappy as well.

It’s very possible they all stay, and even Simmonds is given an extension.

This moron has ruined something we all hold so dear. I hope that whatever day he and his lackey are fired, whenever that may be - it hurts only a small portion of what the fanbase feels.

Burn in hell.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Your only option was Stolarz, who has played 7 games since the beginning of last year and had a .889 S% in three games in LHV this season - not exactly a track record that inspires confidence.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Less damned if you do, more damned if you don't, actually. Everyone who knows anything about hockey knows that average or worse goalies don't put up solid back to back performances. A Leafs fan I'm friends with was absolutely bamboozled at the notion of starting Pickard twice when we have anyone else remotely available.

If Stolarz can't be allowed to play then why the f*** is he even here? Hakstol should be fired for dressing him in that situation.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Everyone who knows anything about hockey knows that average or worse goalies don't put up solid back to back performances.

To put some data points on the back to back issue:

It's been hit and miss on even (very) good Goalies on back to backs this year. To be clear, we're working with a relatively small set of data. Rinne hasn't been good at all. Same with Price and Mike Smith. As far as those that have handled it well, you would mostly point toward Lundqvist, Varlamov, Niemi....and Brian Elliott. :laugh:

The Distance Traveled column ended up not showing any real impact for those curious.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Don’t bother with anyone arguing starting Pickard back to back had no effect. You don’t need stats. Literally if you just follow the NHL you know teams rarely do anything except split starts in back to back situations regardless of the tandem.

Here we have a coach who will do the opposite even if it’s an AHL goalie. At least Lyon and Stolarz are prospects so there’s some degree of long-term upside in giving them starts in general.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Less damned if you do, more damned if you don't, actually. Everyone who knows anything about hockey knows that average or worse goalies don't put up solid back to back performances. A Leafs fan I'm friends with was absolutely bamboozled at the notion of starting Pickard twice when we have anyone else remotely available.

If Stolarz can't be allowed to play then why the **** is he even here? Hakstol should be fired for dressing him in that situation.

Uh, because Elliott and Neuvirth are on IR and Lyon tweaked something and was unavailable.
It was Stolarz or pull someone down from the stands.
This is what I mean by "nitpicking," complaining to complain.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I just don't get starting Pickard on the second half of a back-to-back against his old mates.

The alternative was the Phantoms third-string goalie who had played a total of seven games in the past 18 months. Four in the AHL and three in the ECHL.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
In Hakworld every goalie gets to play. Usually after the goalie in front of them gets injured from overuse.

Lol, amusement park for hockey goalies. The Hakworld. Come on in, step right up, one day you will all start playing until you die which obviously will be the end of your playing days. $20 per ticket

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Just watched this game to see how bad it was. Bad would be a compliment after watching this. What I saw was the worst performance I have ever seen out of any Flyers team. And I've been a fan for 34 years. This game was worse than anything from the non-playoff teams of the 90's and the 2006-07 team. No hustle, no spirit, no pride out of any of the players and the coaches. Hextall is gone and Hak will be too, I hope. No matter who replaces them, this franchise is at a crossroads right now.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
So people actually think they're going to keep Hak? Lol, how long y'all been fans? I don't care what Bob said, Hak is a dead coach walking. When has a coach ever gotten this much rope in Philly? Also predicting a trade for a goaltender...obviously guessing here.
His protector is gone now. It's only a matter of time.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Probably one of my lowest feelings ever as a Flyer fan was at the Scotia Bank Arena that evening!
All geared up for the game...great show of Flyer faithful at the pre game skate!
Then it hit me like a ton of brick...4 ZIP before I had my first beer down...
Not even a God damn excuse me penalty or a bump together altercation....Broad Street Bullies???
no...Seasame Street Gritties!!!
All week I've be harassed,ridiculed,mocked and laughed at....and I haven't been out through the door yet! She (Wife) hasn't let up on me yet!:ha:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad