Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Hand the Oil Cup now. We should consider selling and gaining assets for next year, not trading 2nd's with retention for Eller's

Why do some of you guys even follow this team if you roll over and quit on the season already.

It's pathetic. You guys would be horrible teammates if you ever played sports. Just pure, weak beta crap right there. The total definition of pathetic.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Have we talked about Byram asking for a trade yet? He looked a lot better last night.

Unless you know something we don't, he hasn't?

But honestly it wouldn't be surprising if he did. It would explain a lot of the problems with his game this year for sure.

Sign me up. He's exactly what we need. Keep Landeskog and Nuke on the IR until the playoffs. One should return. Then Nuke and Byram get traded in the offseason to make it work cap wise.
:facepalm: I shouldn't even be surprised.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Jesus Christ. Could you imagine if they traded two first round picks for another winger while the centers are imploding.

It's so stupid I almost expect cMac to do it.
And then he signs with someone else in the offseason. Not only is it a stupid trade for what the Avs need right now, but the asset management is utterly idiotic.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
And then he signs with someone else in the offseason. Not only is it a stupid trade for what the Avs need right now, but the asset management is utterly idiotic.

Like I had said earlier, the only way it makes sense is if they plan to trade Mikko this summer. Even then, we're very likely punting this season at that point since we won't have a 2C in the playoffs and this group can't afford to be punting seasons now really.

It really wouldn't surprise me in the least for this management group to continue being dumb about the Center position. I could easily see them thinking the 3rd wheel spot on Mack/Mikko'sine being the "problem" with the forwards instead of 2C. And thus wanting to grab Guentzel to stick on the top line. Again, we might have one of the dumbest GMs in the league if this is what they're thinking.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I am 100% convinced if they do not bring in a legitimate 2C then the season is over. Just like last year and every other postseason they didn't have a 2C.

The problem is RJ is a blackhole on the team unfortunately. They can win with an average 2C, because an average 2C would be a big step up in effectiveness at 5v5. They don't need a high level 2C to win.

Correlation ≠ Causation.

Avs lost with Kadri at 2C.

Avs never won with MacKinnon, Duchene, and ROR at center.

Avs won with Reinprect at 2C instead of Forsberg for the last two rounds.

Reactions: nightonthesun

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If Byram can't figure out how to get his cocky swagger back, or at least look like he is still having fun playing hockey, you have to cut him loose.
I don't know if the injuries, his role, or Bednar zapped it out of him, but he was much better when he played with blind arrogance. Still made his mistakes, but it didn't seem to take his engagement out of the game like it does now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Byram just isn't naturally talented enough to pull of the game he wants to play in the NHL. He wants to play like Ray Bourque... but not having elite talent holds that back. I'm not personally sure if he has IQ issues or is just stubborn about it either... he can't seem to read the play well enough to pull off things, or thinks he is just so much more talented that he can pull off those moves and sticks to it. Either way doesn't really matter. If he can't tone down that part of his game and find better balance... he's going to struggle quite a bit.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The Avs had Kadri for three playoff runs. The first year damn near literally half the team was injured against Dallas, the second year Kadri was suspended and they didn't have a 2C against Vegas, and the third year they won the cup because they had a 2C.

So saying they "lost with Kadri" is a bit misleading.

No I'm saying Correlation ≠ Causation.

As proven by you showing there were other reasons for the Avs losing, besides who their 2C was.

Same applies to other years if we're being fair.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
No I'm saying Correlation ≠ Causation.

As proven by you showing there were other reasons for the Avs losing, besides who their 2C was.

Same applies to other years if we're being fair.

Yes and no. I'm saying you cannot win without a 2C, not that you're guaranteed to win with one. I seriously don't understand why some of you are having such a hard time with this.

Reactions: The Moops

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yes and no. I'm saying you cannot win without a 2C, not that you're guaranteed to win with one. I seriously don't understand why some of you are having such a hard time with this.

It's because you're saying they won during a 1 year sample size with Kadri at 2C having an outlier year during the regular season, and then missed 5 playoff games, came back and played with one hand while the Avs won the Cup, and this somehow proves they need a star 2C to win, when they don't.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
lol @ 2 first round picks for a rental winger. I'd rather throw away the season and do nothing than make that trade.

Sign me up. He's exactly what we need. Keep Landeskog and Nuke on the IR until the playoffs. One should return. Then Nuke and Byram get traded in the offseason to make it work cap wise.
and who's playing center in the upcoming playoffs? If you pay 2 first picks for a rental you better make a serious run.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It's because you're saying they won during a 1 year sample size with Kadri having an outlier year, and this somehow proves they need a star 2C to win, when they don't.

Are you getting my posts confused with someone else?

I've been saying they need a legitimate 2C to win, not once did I say they needed a star 2C. I've been on record saying they didn't need Kadri playing near as well as he did and they'd still have won in 2022. They went 16-4 for christ sakes, that's not necessary or realistically repeatable.

The problem with the Avs is getting even a passable 2C is apparently impossible for them. They're going to need a hell of a lot better than JT2C if they ever want to come near a chance for the cup again.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Get ready for the price of 2C's and why the Avs end up with someone on the fringe of NHL rosters.
I don't care about the price, we need someone to play at center on the 2nd line else we have 0 shot.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Are you getting my posts confused with someone else?

I've been saying they need a legitimate 2C to win, not once did I say they needed a star 2C. I've been on record saying they didn't need Kadri playing near as well as he did and they'd still have won in 2022.

The problem with the Avs is getting even a passable 2C is apparently impossible for them. They're going to need a hell of a lot better than JT2C if they ever want to come near a chance for the cup again.

I don't know what a legitimate 2C means. That's pretty subjective. As is my use of star 2C. I should have continued saying a high end 2C.

If you're saying they can win with someone like Jenner or even Henrique, then I agree.

However, most of the time when people cite Kadri at 2C as the only time the Avs won recently, they're saying they need someone better than that, which will cost a lot more to acquire.

That I don't agree with. And it kind of sounds like that's what you mean with the JTC comment.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Again, not saying it's a rumor. I was asking if we think he might have.
People love to twist statements. I doubt it is really intentional, there is just a stop reading and react sort of thing in society in general.

I personally feel there is a solid chance we hear about a trade request down the line, but the Avs won't be leaking it. It would have to be a situation like Jost or Kaut where he leaks it out. It really isn't uncommon for trade requests to come along... especially when players struggle.

lol @ 2 first round picks for a rental winger. I'd rather throw away the season and do nothing than make that trade.

and who's playing center in the upcoming playoffs? If you pay 2 first picks for a rental you better make a serious run.
Olofsson and MacK will just double shift. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BoxOfChocolates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad