Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Not to mention it doesn't fit the cap at all.
There has been several articles.linking the Avs and Guentzel.

I like Jake , I'd take him.and.move Mikko or someone to C. We all.knoq we aren't getting a 2C anyhow. At least we'd be getting a real.good player

Edti: Ftr I don't think Gabe will be ready until next year and to make the Cap work Nuke stays in rehab

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Guentzel is a luxury the Avs cannot afford in both assets and cap if they wanted to re-sign him.

The Oilers will land him, and I love that move for them(hate it for us).
Hand the Oil Cup now. We should consider selling and gaining assets for next year, not trading 2nd's with retention for Eller's

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
All those sites/articles linking the Avs to Ws just means that my solution of trying Drouin at 2C is coming to fruition. ;):thumbu::naughty::cool::popcorn:

Drouin is not a C

I actually love that Guentzel trade lol

I think it would force Bednar to play someone else as the 2C whether Mikko or Drouin

Reactions: Alienblood

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
All those sites/articles linking the Avs to Ws just means that my solution of trying Drouin at 2C is coming to fruition. ;):thumbu::naughty::cool::popcorn:
This is what’s confusing me too. The Avs already have some of the best wings in the game. They have the potential return of Landy and Kovlenko coming over. This is assuming Nichushkin is back, as I don’t believe he should be missing playoffs a 2nd year in a row (Girard wasn’t gone all that long, don’t think he’d be gone for so much longer to a point he misses playoffs that are 2 months away). So why are we being connected to wings?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If they traded for Guentzel I would at least appreciate that they went after the best available forward. But as someone who strongly believes in the importance of Centers, I'd bet money on Guentzel ultimately not making enough of a difference.

It would be interesting to watch unfold though. If playoff RyJo showed up(99% chances he's done though) and Landy came back... Who knows. Maybe they get it done.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If they traded for Guentzel I would at least appreciate that they went after the best available forward. But as someone who strongly believes in the importance of Centers, I'd bet money on Guentzel ultimately not making enough of a difference.

It would be interesting to watch unfold though. If playoff RyJo showed up(99% chances he's done though) and Landy came back... Who knows. Maybe they get it done.
I think Term is the better approach too. I'm all for if it just costs too much and they want to make a big run like CBJ did with all the UFA's that one season. But I think they can still squeeze in right more with the right moves.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Jesus Christ. Could you imagine if they traded two first round picks for another winger while the centers are imploding.

It's so stupid I almost expect cMac to do it.
You think in he'll bring in an asset like Guntzel? At this point I wouldn't even mind if it helps somehow. He won't get someone of that quality regardless of the price. Buy low reclamation projects for 2nd rounders is his MO. Or old near retirement guys that no one else wants anyways.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
You think in he'll bring in an asset like Guntzel? At this point I wouldn't even mind if it helps somehow. He won't get someone of that quality regardless of the price. Buy low reclamation projects for 2nd rounders is his MO. Or old near retirement guys that no one else wants anyways.

I am 100% convinced if they do not bring in a legitimate 2C then the season is over. Just like last year and every other postseason they didn't have a 2C.

So no, I wouldn't spend assets on Jake f***ing Guntzel or anyone for that matter who isn't a 2C.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What’s the definition of insanity again? Lol
1707944239561.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00