OT: 23'-24' Toronto Maple Leafs Overreaction Thread

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Most markets would have trouble filling the rink regularly in our situation.
I don't live in Canada and if I did would not be in a position to pay hundreds of bucks to see the Leafs play but still I think it would be cool and fun to watch a team that has the best goalscorer in the league and the sexiest mf winger around

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Most markets would have trouble filling the rink regularly in our situation. I have said multiple times that only a fan revolt will lead to the owners actually fixing it. Printing press is powered by Zombie Nation.
You could say it until you're blue in the face and it still wouldn't make any sense.
Why would they need a fan revolt, why wouldn't they just fix it if it's that simple?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
There is no such thing as over reaction as a Leaf fan. We were sold a big turd. The fans are smarter than management. They repackaged a dud and put lipstick on it. This team is toast. They have to score 6 goals just to win. Imagine being so stupid you think you can win a cup with no backend rofl. Pejorative Slured.
This is a good exercise. "This team is toast" is high-level sports cynicism.

It happens.

Reactions: leafs in five

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
No , it's ti
This is a good exercise. "This team is toast" is high-level sports cynicism.

It happens.
Time proven with the Leafs. Rask, Courtnall, Steen, Nidermayer etc. All dumped for garbage by inept NHL insiders. All stars who won cups. Return near zero. Any fan could do better than these complete clowns.Shanahan being the latest. One round in 5 years and team is worse than the 2016 version. Plus no picks in 2025...pathetic.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
No , it's ti

Time proven with the Leafs. Rask, Courtnall, Steen, Nidermayer etc. All dumped for garbage by inept NHL insiders. All stars who won cups. Return near zero. Any fan could do better than these complete clowns.Shanahan being the latest. One round in 5 years and team is worse than the 2016 version. Plus no picks in 2025...pathetic.
You could be the next TOR GM. Go for it. They might see your side and hire you.

Who said those wise words:

"Anger is an energy"

?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You could say it until you're blue in the face and it still wouldn't make any sense.
Why would they need a fan revolt, why wouldn't they just fix it if it's that simple?

When teams lose fans in a big way it effects the bottom line. Thats the only language MLSE speaks. We suffer from generational Harold Ballard mentality. Stavro was an exception amd the team was great, on the right track up until he sold.

A lot of teams restructure after something like that. It happens in big business as well, make or break moments. Think automotive for instance, GM was king for decades and now VW Group is and Toyota. The Leafs are the GM of the hockey world. Haven't had a winner in years but keep sticking around on name recognition.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's not an overreaction if they have played the same game for the last 8 years.
Yup. I said after the Boston game that this "team" is nothing more than a group of individuals, a bunch of gutless pukes without leadership. If it was just the Boston game and the lack of response to Marchand injuring our best young Dman that made me say that, that would be an overreaction. However, that was just the final straw that forced me to stop pretending, and finally face the reality that I've been trying desperately to avoid acknowledging for several years now.

Reactions: LeafsFan89

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
You could be the next TOR GM. Go for it. They might see your side and hire you.

Who said those wise words:

"Anger is an energy"

?
Like you don't wanna know. They would never hire me. I'd bring in Keenan and run a couple out of town. And Mathews is my captain. Then I go find him one mean winger to go with Knies. Also I want a stud dman to play with Reilly.Oh and Mr Keefe, you are so fired.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
When teams lose fans in a big way it effects the bottom line. Thats the only language MLSE speaks. We suffer from generational Harold Ballard mentality. Stavro was an exception amd the team was great, on the right track up until he sold.

A lot of teams restructure after something like that. It happens in big business as well, make or break moments. Think automotive for instance, GM was king for decades and now VW Group is and Toyota. The Leafs are the GM of the hockey world. Haven't had a winner in years but keep sticking around on name recognition.
They have changed the front office many times over the years with the same results.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Subway Willie continues to play fantastic. Maybe just maybe we have a 3rd line.

Now move Klingberg, a prospect and a first for Zadorov and let’s go!!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
They have changed the front office many times over the years with the same results.

But not the head. Larry has ultimate say and look at how important that role is. From Ballard to Stavro the team became something we hadn't seen in decades. It matters is all i am saying. Stavro to TPP with Larry in the chair and then again in the chair with Rogers Bell. Still havent matched the Stavro outcomes in the PO.

Ballard
Stavro
Larry T (TPP & Rogers Bell)

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
The amount of increase needed in D or goaltending to pile up win streaks isn't as big as people think.

Tyler Bertuzzi by the eye test is looking like our 8th best forward right now. This team is stacked. (Key there was "right now")

I don't know what games you guys are watching to be worrying so much.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
But not the head. Larry has ultimate say and look at how important that role is. From Ballard to Stavro the team became something we hadn't seen in decades. It matters is all i am saying. Stavro to TPP with Larry in the chair and then again in the chair with Rogers Bell. Still havent matched the Stavro outcomes in the PO.

Ballard
Stavro
Larry T (TPP & Rogers Bell)
None of them won anything only difference being this ownership has a cap to deal with while the others never had that worry.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4