23/24 Between Game Chatter

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Vegas is having a lot of fun circumventing the salary cap. This Hertl deal is a complete mind blower. I kind of envy their management's willingness to find creative ways to help their team, though. Those guys are doing some creative thinking.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Howdy all. Not sure if best place to ask - mods please correct me if not the case

An en route to climate pledge to watch the kraken v Jets.

Anything around the rink for food? Beers? My first time to climate pledge but have been to Seattle before (live near the border)

Cheers 🍻

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Howdy all. Not sure if best place to ask - mods please correct me if not the case

An en route to climate pledge to watch the kraken v Jets.

Anything around the rink for food? Beers? My first time to climate pledge but have been to Seattle before (live near the border)

Cheers 🍻

Queen Anne Beerhall is walkable and filled with Kraken fans. Good food and beer open late if you wanted to post-funk. It’s like 5 blocks west on the street that runs the south side of Climate Pledge (Lenny Wilkins Way) which turns into Thomas St.

Open until 8, the big building east of climate pledge (Seattle Armory) is a very large building filled with food vendors, a Kraken store and other stuff. Beer too, but they make it a little complicated (you have to remain in the zone in which you bought it). Picture a food court but sort of zoned off, where each restaurant sort of acts as its own thing rather than a bunch of tables in the middle they all share. I guess it’s more European food market than US Mall food court. There’s a section of the Berlin Wall in there which is sort of weird but cool.

There are loads of other options, but those two have a Kraken connection that’s makes them worthwhile.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Thank you sir!

Thanks!

Few things about Seattle (positive):

Seattle is one of my favourite cities on the continent l, certainly in the United States

Seattlites (Seattle citizens?) are persistently some of the friendliest people around. There’s a narrative that runs In Canada that America isn’t a friendly place particularly the big cities, but I find the larger city of Seattle to be a warmer and friendlier place, every time I have visited, compared to the smaller Vancouver area (probably the least friendly city in Canada)

Anyways. Appreciate it!

Climate pledge was fantastic. I’d love to go again.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
The loophole will likely be closed in the next CBA, but until then all the cries of “cheating” are ridiculous.

Vegas is having a lot of fun circumventing the salary cap. This Hertl deal is a complete mind blower. I kind of envy their management's willingness to find creative ways to help their team, though. Those guys are doing some creative thinking.
Sorry, forgot to quote you.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Lenny Wilkins Way. Wow. Remember him playing for Providence. One smooth ball handler, that guy.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Kind of worried we're going to be stuck in no mans land like the Seahawks have kind of been the last few years before Carroll was sacked. Not good enough to make the play offs or do little once in but not bad enough to tank/get high end prospects. Really got to hope some of our prospects ball out.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I wasn't expecting the Blues to clobber the Bruins in Boston. Bad news for our playoff hopes, such as they are.

And it gets worse as LA won, too. The margin is now ten points between us and them, and we have St Louis and Minnesota in front of us.

Last edited:

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I wasn't expecting the Blues to clobber the Bruins in Boston. Bad news for our playoff hopes, such as they are.

And it gets worse as LA won, too. The margin is now ten points between us and them, and we have St Louis and Minnesota in front of us.
Yeah, it’s not looking good. I guess the consolation is the pipeline of young talent on ELC’s that’ll be coming up over the next couple of years.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Four game skid.

Is it time to come to grips with going the other way and shooting for draft position instead? A lot can happen in 16 games but what I've seen lately doesn't spell a successful playoff outing here. And Dunn should certainly not be rushed back for this.

Sixteen games left and six of them are against West teams that are behind us in the standings. Calgary has passed the Kraken and if this keeps up Arizona could too.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Four game skid.

Is it time to come to grips with going the other way and shooting for draft position instead? A lot can happen in 16 games but what I've seen lately doesn't spell a successful playoff outing here. And Dunn should certainly not be rushed back for this.

Sixteen games left and six of them are against West teams that are behind us in the standings. Calgary has passed the Kraken and if this keeps up Arizona could too.
I'd like to see a mix of deserving veterans and kids from Coachella whose entry level games aren't a concern going forward (i.e. maybe not Wright) brought up for a cup of coffee and a taste of the big time. Shut down Dunn, rest the guys who are playing hurt, and then integrate the Firebirds' crew into the mix. Let the chips fall way they may. Our points total might go down but in a fairly honourable way and the newbies couldn't help but make the team more fun to watch than what we have been enduring lately.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Four game skid.

Not gonna lie i'm pretty checked out now with the play offs realistically done. Wouldn't mind some of the Coachella players getting a chance now until the end of the season for the experience. Worst/base case you improve your draft position if we lose some more games.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not gonna lie i'm pretty checked out now with the play offs realistically done. Wouldn't mind some of the Coachella players getting a chance now until the end of the season for the experience. Worst/base case you improve your draft position if we lose some more games.
We are 11 points of the 2nd WC spot with 15 games to play. I don't think playoffs are realistic either.

I am all for bringing up Coachella players, but who do you healthy scratch? Schultz for Evans makes sense. But other than that, I am not sure. I would rather not bring Wright up because throwing him in at the tail end of a losing season makes little sense. I would rather let him play in Coachella and make a playoff run.

I see us picking in the 9-12 range.

Reactions: majormajor

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
We are 11 points of the 2nd WC spot with 15 games to play. I don't think playoffs are realistic either.

I am all for bringing up Coachella players, but who do you healthy scratch? Schultz for Evans makes sense. But other than that, I am not sure. I would rather not bring Wright up because throwing him in at the tail end of a losing season makes little sense. I would rather let him play in Coachella and make a playoff run.

I see us picking in the 9-12 range.
At this point just rest anyone banged up. Dunn, Schwartz, Oleksiak. Would even try Wright on the wing for a bit just for more NHL reps.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Just beat Vague Ass. That’s all I want. Beating the Gloating Nights on New Years Day was fantastic. Doing it again would redeem the last bit of the season.

(I actually have nothing against Vegas. Maybe envy, but that’s about it.)

Reactions: majormajor

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Won't be watching this one tonight. My family has prioritized Ghostbusters. hahaha. I'm not that sad, though I'm not a fan of going out to the movie theater... I'd rather see something in person.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
“We’re still not that hockey team to f*** with buster, bad for your ho health
We know y'all hockey teams can't f*** with us cause we can't f*** with our damn selves”

Mystikal (sorta)

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Do you guys suppose we may see another production run of winter classic jerseys?

I do see some authentics available out there but always the same three players (and often the price is higher) Would really like a Dunn or Larsson.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I've reached an uncomfortable limbo. I can't root for the team to lose but I wouldn't be brokenhearted if they didn't win any more games this season for draft reasons.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad