23/24 Between Game Chatter

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I thought we could use a thread to make comments between games rather just continuing to make comments on completed game threads. Might even be able to build a little continuity that way.

Here's some good news to start this one off: Joey Daccord has the fourth best save percentage (.922) and the fifth best goals against average (2.29) in the league.

I have been a Daccord booster, but did not see this coming. I still have a "pinch me, I'm dreaming" response some of the time.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Joey's been great/Superman like...maybe the Kraken can trade Gru back to Colorado they are struggling mightily in the nets and since they know of him it would be a great fit and of course Seattle could dump the remaining 3 years after this one...not that I'm down on Gru but its a what have you done for me lately league and well...

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I welcome any and all Kraken fans, be they lifelong hockey followers like me or someone new to the game, but man, there’s one guy and one woman on the team FB page that acted like Hakstol and Francis collectively set out to screw over and mess with Ryker Evans by keeping him out of the Winter Classic. Logic didn’t sway them. The shutout didn’t sway them.
It’s bizarre.

Reactions: majormajor

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I welcome any and all Kraken fans, be they lifelong hockey followers like me or someone new to the game, but man, there’s one guy and one woman on the team FB page that acted like Hakstol and Francis collectively set out to screw over and mess with Ryker Evans by keeping him out of the Winter Classic. Logic didn’t sway them. The shutout didn’t sway them.
It’s bizarre.

It's strange to me, the things people latch onto and fling out into the web like they're some kind of authority on the matter. I got rid of all of it for this reason.
Am really excited to watch Evans' progress and hope he becomes a fixture, but it's not as if the team owed him a spot or something.

Reactions: Kevinsane

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This layoff is too long. I'm afraid we are going to lose our hard-earned momentum. Good for the injured, though. Guess we will see tonight.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Here's a weird stat. Vince Dunn has as many goals currently as Alex Ovechkin (8).

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Read somewhere we have one of the easiest schedules remaining. Is this true?

1705097947970.png

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Wonder if this is just more “bad luck” or if we’re seeing the effects of a serious career-squelching injury getting its claws into Bura. Even when he’s been able to play, he hasnt looked the same.

Reactions: Kevinsane and kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hard to make up ground in the wild card race when Edmonton is even hotter than we are with a ten game winning streak.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Hard to make up ground in the wild card race when Edmonton is even hotter than we are with a ten game winning streak.
To my mind, there's realistically 1 Wild Card spot up for grabs...the one Nashville is currently sitting in. I dont follow them but my uninformed perspective on them is "where do they get their goals?" as beyond Saros, Josi and Forsberg I'd struggle to name a single player. The Wild have re-slumped after their initial "new coach" bounce, so I dont know that they'll put it together? Coyotes, Flames and Blues all seem there or thereabouts with the Kraken trying to pry the Predators out of that single playoff position.

Dont know who I'd consider "the favorite" to be honest, they all seem closely matched.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
With this roller coaster season, the sudden emergence seemingly of a bona fide goalie and now the injuries, I have absolutely no idea what to expect from the rest of the season.....except a playoff spot will be harder to come by this year with so many competitive teams in the mix.

Reactions: majormajor

Jack Adams

Mar 20, 2010
St. Louis
Sucks that the Angry Beaver is temporarily closed from flooding. What other Seattle bars have Center Ice Package? Looking for a place to watch Blues @ Flames game tomorrow, 1/23.
Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad