GDT: #23 – Rangers at Sabres – Thu Dec 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
If that isn't a textbook example of how to take over a game, then I've never seen it done. Jack is amazing and the "McDavid and Matthews are a tier above him" conversation ends very quickly this year.

Not that I want to start this war again, but it's only been two games. McDavid is still in his own league.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I was so fired up for eichels 2nd i didnt even notice samsons ridiculous pass to eichel

I knew Reinhart was passing to Eichel before he even touched the puck. You'll notice he looks over to Eichel before the puck even touches his stick. Reinhart's vision is insane.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If that isn't a textbook example of how to take over a game, then I've never seen it done. Jack is amazing and the "McDavid and Matthews are a tier above him" conversation ends very quickly this year.

McDavid has been and always will be a tier above

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Let's keep it going. Very encouraged by the comeback and scoring 9 goals in 2 games. Thank you Jack

It is mostly the contribution from Jack but also, as everyone is fond of pointing out, how everyone else slots down and faces lesser competition.

Sabres #1 PP right now is upper echelon.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Let's enjoy Eichel for who he is and not worry about McDavid, Mathews or whoever in comparison.

It seems like a waste to worry about the others.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Lost in the Eichel story line is not only Girgs game tonight....but holy ****, did anyone see that hit by Franson? Laying his man out at the blueline......

Pigs are flying somewhere, I'm still in shock from seeing that!

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
9-9-5 with 23 pts, 2 pts out of a playoff spot, few more wins and we're right back in the thick of things. Once we get Bogo/Kulikov back we should make a nice push towards a playoff position.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Girgs may work his way up there or with ROR/Okposo. But right now I like him where he is getting his game in order.
I liked how Bylsma was trying on some different wingers on both of the top two lines. There is still an opportunity there for whomever wants to take it.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
I knew Reinhart was passing to Eichel before he even touched the puck. You'll notice he looks over to Eichel before the puck even touches his stick. Reinhart's vision is insane.

Reinhart see's the ice so well when his confidence is high, he always plays his game to where the puck is going to be, not where it is. Nice catch by you seeing that.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Lost in the Eichel story line is not only Girgs game tonight....but holy ****, did anyone see that hit by Franson? Laying his man out at the blueline......

Oh the hit was noted and appreciated!

Franson is a killer.

:laugh:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Moulson didn't look like garbage either, thankfully. He had some nice plays in the third. I'm pretty happy with this forward group -- Grant and Des are the only major weak spots.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I liked how Bylsma was trying on some different wingers on both of the top two lines. There is still an opportunity there for whomever wants to take it.

Bylsma has stated he likes pairs, and will shift the other parts to find a spark. Eichel-Reinhart, O'Reilly-Okposo, those are pairs in the top-6. Guys like Kane, Moulson, and Girgensons are parts.

Larsson-Foligno-Gionta is the exception as they just seem to have the chemistry.

Did anyone see Carrier in the 3rd period? I didn't think he was bad when he was in there.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

For what it's worth I thought Franson managed his ice time very well tonight.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The game against Edmonton this year was better. And with a lot of injuries.

Eh, that was an impressive win no doubt but Edmonton arguably out-chanced us and we dominated on our PP.

Today we dominated ES.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I wonder what McCabe's ceiling is, had a fight with a friend last night who of course threw out his thus far weak offensive stats in the NHL.

Look at his last season in Rochester

2014-15 Rochester Americans AHL 57 5 24 29

I think he can be a 40 point 2D one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad