Prospect Info: '22 WJC (CANCELED)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Sourdif may not play tomorrow. During the Finland/Austria game the broadcasters commented that his big hit during yesterday's game is being reviewed for possibly being high/illegal. So he could be suspended for a game if they find it was inappropriate.

Boo!

They don't suspend Savage for crosschecking someone in the face but they might suspend Sourdif? Lol :shakehead

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
At least the game is against Austria. Them playing Canada is kind of a joke in itself.
Did not watch the game.

Is it a joke because Austria is so bad and basically has no business to compete at the WJC? Or Canada not living up to its potential by not blowing us out of the barn by 10 goals?

It is still crazy how obvious the difference of skill levels between the teams is at the WJC. It is not as bad with the adults/pros at the WC or Olympic games...

I'd much prefer our main sport would be hockey instead of skiing...

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Did not watch the game.

Is it a joke because Austria is so bad and basically has no business to compete at the WJC? Or Canada not living up to its potential by not blowing us out of the barn by 10 goals?

It is still crazy how obvious the difference of skill levels between the teams is at the WJC. It is not as bad with the adults/pros at the WC or Olympic games...

I'd much prefer our main sport would be hockey instead of skiing...

It's not an insult towards Austrian hockey, it's more of me pointing out the fact that in junior hockey it seems like Austria can't compete with the junior players Canada produces.
Just look at the roster, Canada is loaded with first and second-round talent, where Australia has none. I don't even watch these games because I feel bad for the other team.
Not surprised Austria got two goals on Canada. I've had question marks about Brochu for a while now. Being close to London and watching the London Knights Play, I've always wondered about his game. I feel like he's an average goalie playing behind a good team, both with Canada and the London Knights.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
It's not an insult towards Austrian hockey, it's more of me pointing out the fact that in junior hockey it seems like Austria can't compete with the junior players Canada produces.
Just look at the roster, Canada is loaded with first and second-round talent, where Australia has none. I don't even watch these games because I feel bad for the other team.
Not surprised Austria got two goals on Canada. I've had question marks about Brochu for a while now. Being close to London and watching the London Knights Play, I've always wondered about his game. I feel like he's an average goalie playing behind a good team, both with Canada and the London Knights.
:popcorn: just shows how seriously you take us "Australians". And indeed, Australia does not have any first or second-round talent... :D

We Austrians though have one guy in Marco Kasper who is actually playing in the SHL for Rögle who is projected to go in the first round in 2022. Very physical center who could look decent on NA ice size.

But yeah, overall you are right, we have not much talent and even less depth.

Did not see the goals yet so can't judge on Brochu.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Finland has to Forfeit their game today due to covid versus Czech Republic.
:popcorn: just shows how seriously you take us "Australians". And indeed, Australia does not have any first or second-round talent... :D

We Austrians though have one guy in Marco Kasper who is actually playing in the SHL for Rögle who is projected to go in the first round in 2022. Very physical center who could look decent on NA ice size.

But yeah, overall you are right, we have not much talent and even less depth.

Did not see the goals yet so can't judge on Brochu.
Damn voice text. Usually I proofread my post before I post them. Either I didn't with this one or didn't notice. My apologies.

Reactions: austropanther

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Finland has to Forfeit their game today due to covid versus Czech Republic.

Damn voice text. Usually I proofread my post before I post them. Either I didn't with this one or didn't notice. My apologies.
Don't bother, not that big of a deal.
And even if you were serious, small countries like ours are used to taking sh*t from all bigger ones ;)

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Don't bother, not that big of a deal.
And even if you were serious, small countries like ours are used to taking sh*t from all bigger ones ;)
I actually am fond of Austria, as my late-aunt and uncle were both born there has my grandparents fled Yugoslavia for Canada. My dad was only one in the family that was born in Canada.

I am now aware and interested in watching one of their remaining games to see Marco Kasper play.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I actually am fond of Austria, as my late-aunt and uncle were both born there has my grandparents fled Yugoslavia for Canada. My dad was only one in the family that was born in Canada.

I am now aware and interested in watching one of their remaining games to see Marco Kasper play.
That's the cool thing about talking with people from NA. You always have a good story about your heritage and your roots are all over the world. Where exactly are they from in Austria/were they born at?

Germany vs. Austria usually gives you a great battle. We always play the hardest against our big neighbour from the north. And most likely our only chance to score a point.

I would not expect that much from Kasper. He doesn't not look superskilled, it's more about his presence on the ice. Skates well, plays the body, defensively sound

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That's the cool thing about talking with people from NA. You always have a good story about your heritage and your roots are all over the world. Where exactly are they from in Austria/were they born at?

Germany vs. Austria usually gives you a great battle. We always play the hardest against our big neighbour from the north. And most likely our only chance to score a point.

I would not expect that much from Kasper. He doesn't not look superskilled, it's more about his presence on the ice. Skates well, plays the body, defensively sound
I will have to get back to you on the exact location they were both born. From what I know is that my grandparents were from North Yugoslavia, only minutes from the Hungary border. When they left they went up to Austria, had two kids before getting on a boat to come to Canada. I know the actual tickets to get on the boat are somewhere, I just have to find them.

The place they are originally from is called Bajmok, Yugoslavia. I believe that is now Serbia.
My mom's parents were from Udessa, Ukraine. Or as commonly referred to in those days as Russia.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018

Attachments

• B36861E9-6F30-440D-8812-9371BB9D5B9D.jpeg
    B36861E9-6F30-440D-8812-9371BB9D5B9D.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Russia just forteited too

Pretty much the tournament is over

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Russia just forteited too

Pretty much the tournament is over
Instead it’ll go like I predicted, Finland will win against all odds because of covid forfeits, and everyone here thought I was crazy! I’m not, I’m a prophet!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad