Prospect Info: '22 WJC (CANCELED)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I just watched the replay of the Canada-Russia exhibition, Sourdif played an intense, intelligent game. He was good on the pk and on the backcheck. He made a nice zone entry and shot on goal that led to Canada' s first goal. It was interesting watching him in a best on best game. His line with Grieg and Neighbors was Canada's 2nd best all game. Although the coach jumbled up the lines later in the game. Only Kent Johnson's line was better, as to be expected. This kid just has such high IQ and is just a solid all around player. He'll be a full time Panther by 23-24.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I thought Sourdif had a great 3rd period tonight, penalty aside. He didn't seem to get a ton of play in the first couple periods, but when the game opened up and Canada was rolling its bottom 6 out there more he looked like the best version of what I see with Giants, causing havoc and being aggressive with the puck.

As a Sharks fan I'm jealous of you guys getting to watch so many prospects on so many different teams in this tournament. Aside from the Giants guys (Sourdif on Canada, Lysell & Vikman on Sweden) all I've got is Will Eklund on Sweden. Thanks Russia!

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I watch the Canada - Czech Republic game this evening.

Sourdif looked good. He's very fast out there. On PK1. Very defensively responsible. If he wasn't first on the puck in the offensive zone, he would always skate to be the third guy backing up the play. Really smart. He uses the long stick. That is something you would normally find with a defenseman, surprising a player with a Long Poke check. He uses the stick very well. He had a nice shot on goal, and between the legs dump in over the red line. He also hit everything in sight. He took an interference penalty with just over five minutes to go in the game. Clearly interference. He rocked the smaller player with a shoulder to the Head. Sourdif is only five 11, this guy was 5'9. Looks like it hurt a lot.
Very excited to watch him the rest of the tourney, and ultimately win a gold medal. :D

Honestly, I didn't really notice Kos much this game, other than a nice shot he had about halfway through the third that went off the goalie shoulder and out of play. I don't blame him though, Canada that was very dominant!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I thought Sourdif had a great 3rd period tonight, penalty aside. He didn't seem to get a ton of play in the first couple periods, but when the game opened up and Canada was rolling its bottom 6 out there more he looked like the best version of what I see with Giants, causing havoc and being aggressive with the puck.

As a Sharks fan I'm jealous of you guys getting to watch so many prospects on so many different teams in this tournament. Aside from the Giants guys (Sourdif on Canada, Lysell & Vikman on Sweden) all I've got is Will Eklund on Sweden. Thanks Russia!
I can definitely see him as an agitator.
He oozes defensive awareness with his long stick. He uses it so well.

Reactions: KristichBabych

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I can definitely see him as an agitator.
He oozes defensive awareness with his long stick. He uses it so well.

You have no idea how hard I'm fighting the urge to make a "that's what she said" joke.

Which I guess I just did anyway :laugh:

Watching him in this sort of role makes me feel good about his pro potential because he has the two-way toolbox to make it on the basis of that. He's not a guy where it's going to be "if he's not a 30-goal-scorer he's not going anywhere"

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I have the USA Slovakia game on.
Not really paying attention, but USA just had a PP in the second half of the 1st. Samoskevich, top of the left Circle, put his head down looked up, wrist shot, short side top corner.
I'm talking hit the corner post and in.
That was really fast, as I didn't even see the puck move on my slow-motion replay.

That was special! :eek2:

Reactions: zeroG

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You have no idea how hard I'm fighting the urge to make a "that's what she said" joke.

Watching him in this sort of role makes me feel good about his pro potential because he has the two-way toolbox to make it on the basis of that. He's not a guy where it's going to be "if he's not a 30-goal-scorer he's not going anywhere"

I use voice text because of my disability.
No Lie, instead of stick, it said a rhyming word that starts with 'D' :biglaugh:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

I see Sourdif as a twenty goal third liner at his peak: I think size might limit upwards potential but he will be a Panther.

Nah Smackie: what a shot. I didn’t think he had that. I hope he explodes so we can use him as trade bit for Chych

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
They said on the broadcast last night he is 5'11.
Yep: I’ve heard the 5’11” mark: big enough to make big leagues but I wonder if it impacts his playing style.
I think Sourdif definitely has 2nd line potential, he's very smart and crafty. I wouldn't count him out.
I was giving the 75th percentile forecast. Of course he has potential to be a top six forward or a top three forward; I just think it’s not the most likely

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sourdif may not play tomorrow. During the Finland/Austria game the broadcasters commented that his big hit during yesterday's game is being reviewed for possibly being high/illegal. So he could be suspended for a game if they find it was inappropriate.

Boo!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Sourdif may not play tomorrow. During the Finland/Austria game the broadcasters commented that his big hit during yesterday's game is being reviewed for possibly being high/illegal. So he could be suspended for a game if they find it was inappropriate.

Boo!
I wouldn't be surprised if he is suspended a game. The initial contact of the hit was his shoulder to the other player's head.
Especially in the IIHF, head contact is a No-No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad