Prospect Info: '22 WJC (CANCELED)

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
May I ask how you became a Panthers fan?

-ghoste
Of course you may, appreciate the curiosity. Always been a huge Pavel Bure fan, my favourite player in his time, and when he came to the Panthers, I got stuck... when he left I still liked the team a lot when guys like Whitney, Kozlov, Svehla, Ozolinsh, Luongo showed up.

Still, several years within the last two decades I cursed myself for not being able to actively "choose" my favourite team

Reactions: Ghoste

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ugh.

I mean I get it, but it'd be nice if *something* could go on like normal.

Stanley Cup Winner: whoever manages to stay the healthiest and avoid quarantine.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Holy shit now we are really deep in the Discussion, who bad, who long and in which Way will covid 19 influence the development of youth Hockey Players for the next 4-5 Years.
Because its not only this Generation who play less, has no international games and also play less Games in their own Countrys. Will this allow some, mid 20 or end of 20 Player stay longer in the NHL?

Since there is not much high quality full ended development youth Players like Years before.

But i understand the decision, you can postpone some Games. the IIHF Rule say you cant play you loose 1:0. Like team Canada lost to Swiss, those kind of results dont show the Tournament.
Games cant be Postponed, like in the NHL about schools and university.
So before you have a final like swiss versus german in the matter other Teams cant play, the cancel the whole Tournament. Then is the Question to ask, was it really intellegent to start it at all.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Holy shit now we are really deep in the Discussion, who bad, who long and in which Way will covid 19 influence the development of youth Hockey Players for the next 4-5 Years.
Because its not only this Generation who play less, has no international games and also play less Games in their own Countrys. Will this allow some, mid 20 or end of 20 Player stay longer in the NHL?

Since there is not much high quality full ended development youth Players like Years before.

But i understand the decision, you can postpone some Games. the IIHF Rule say you cant play you loose 1:0. Like team Canada lost to Swiss, those kind of results dont show the Tournament.
Games cant be Postponed, like in the NHL about schools and university.
So before you have a final like swiss versus german in the matter other Teams cant play, the cancel the whole Tournament. Then is the Question to ask, was it really intellegent to start it at all.
It will be interesting to see what players turn out from birth years 2000 to 2010. There's been a lot of hockey cancelled for these young players.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It will be interesting to see what players turn out from birth years 2000 to 2010. There's been a lot of hockey cancelled for these young players.

That will be really interisting, i mean last year the half Season here and around european was shut down. Also no practice allowed, maybe you could do something on a frozen see ot somewhere privat. but as a team or with other no chance. I think the quality will drop in the mass and it will be much harder to predict. Also from the Year to Year development, from what you can tell the development?
A few Games, not really big challenges.

I cant speak for north America, in WHL and other Leagues who good the was running, but here in european we had some really zero Game time.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Also the organizers were stupid: they had players come early but didn’t really try to keep a protective bubble. Random weddings at the same hotel as the teams? Completely avoidable

Yeah, that wedding bit was just stupid. Highly contagious Omicron in the middle of a wedding party, what could go wrong?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
That will be really interisting, i mean last year the half Season here and around european was shut down. Also no practice allowed, maybe you could do something on a frozen see ot somewhere privat. but as a team or with other no chance. I think the quality will drop in the mass and it will be much harder to predict. Also from the Year to Year development, from what you can tell the development?
A few Games, not really big challenges.

I cant speak for north America, in WHL and other Leagues who good the was running, but here in european we had some really zero Game time.
I'm a OHL guy. They didn't even have a season last year! That's why you saw Schwindt in the AHL.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad