GDT: #22: Rangers 0 at FLYERS 4, Friday, Nov. 23, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Talent is everything, you can cycle through coaches until you hit paydirt, but obtaining enough talent to be more than a marginal playoff team is tough.

Nor has Hakstol impeded player development, from an objective standpoint, Flyers are as successful as any team in the league in terms of success rate with prospects, the problem is the bulk of talent is just starting to arrive (those bad drafts from 2004-2013 are the reason for the holes in the roster the last six years).

Hextall does need to shake up this team, and you don't do that by buying out AMac or Lehtera, or trading Weise.
Not just changing coaches, but also changing some faces so the rest understand that continued mediocrity is no longer acceptable.

And he has to find a goalie. Any goalie who can fog a mirror and control a rebound.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A lot of teams have more talent.
Much of the Flyers' talent is going through growing pains or has yet to arrive.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
G Coots TK
Lindblom Patrick Jake
JVR Pimp simmer
Laughts Varone NAK

Prov Hagg
Sanheim gudas
ghost Myers
Friedman

Stolarz, (your turn)
Hart (your next)
Lyons (try again)
Pickard (Marazek all over again)
Elliot (play hurt)
Neuvy (alive still?)

Dont care how. dont care why. Weise, Lehtera, Weal can fight for the press box spot. The other 2 can be sent to siberia. And Yes! Lets give Varone a try. Why not? We are not winning with what we have now. Amac can just be sent home and told to stay there. Folin can go to the phantoms.

Fire Every coach and make Knob interm and hire anybody else to assist. I do not care who as long as our staff as is is gone!!!!!!!!! Done with this emotionless team.
Sanheim to pp2 also. Provorov needs to PK and play a regular shift .

And for the love of God SHUT UP BILL CLEMENT YOU IDIOT.

I don’t think Vorobyev finds a mid 6 spot at all. Hakstol doesn’t have any trust in him. His game is the Hakstonian safe game, but he doesn’t play “heavy”.

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
JVR - Laughton - Simmonds
Weise - Vorobyev - NAK

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg/Morin - Myers

PP1: G - Couts - Patrick - JVR - Ghost
PK1: Laughton - Vorobyev - Provorov - Gudas

PP2: Lindblom - Laughton - Voracek - Simmer - Sanheim
PK2: Couturier - Giroux - Hagg/Morin - Hagg/Morin/Myers

G1: Elliot
G2: Stolarz
G3: Hart

* Trade Neuvirth + 5th to CGY for conditional 4th... condition is that: Neuvirth wins 5 in the regular season, it becomes a 3rd in 2019

* Waive Pickard

* Fire Hakstol and Lappy!!!! Offer Hak developmental role and front office job. Offer Greg Cronin or Bob Nielsen a job for the PK.

* Hire Quenneville. Keep Knob in current position, but enable him to have a huge decision for scouting (Look at his Erie team he help put together through drafting).

I really don’t think the forwards need a big change. The B6 C group is extremely lackluster, but overall, I don’t thibk they’re the problem. Goaltending and D are an issue that need changes. I just think we should wait for Hart.

KIDS HAVE TO PLAY THOUGH!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Is drafting better? Or have they had more/better picks?

Genuine question.

EDIT: Because off the top of my head I don't really notice a difference besides the potential of new shiny toys as opposed to hindsight.

Our drafting is light years ahead of where it was. It is basically the opposite of where it was for the preceding ~30 years - there's no way around that. I have no idea how to parse the credit for that between Hexy and the scouts, but he deserves credit for his part of it, for his leadership of the drafting philosophy, etc.

Is that enough? I'd say it is up to this point. But we are getting to the **** or get off the pot point pretty soon here. The coaching situation is what it is, we know all about that. Is his philosophy really to be the Kings v 2.0 as the league has completely gone in the reverse direction style-wise? Or is his philosophy more aligned with something that would fit the kind of players he has been drafting? It would give me some huge peace of mind to find that out.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Talent is everything, you can cycle through coaches until you hit paydirt, but obtaining enough talent to be more than a marginal playoff team is tough.

Nor has Hakstol impeded player development, from an objective standpoint, Flyers are as successful as any team in the league in terms of success rate with prospects, the problem is the bulk of talent is just starting to arrive (those bad drafts from 2004-2013 are the reason for the holes in the roster the last six years).

Hextall does need to shake up this team, and you don't do that by buying out AMac or Lehtera, or trading Weise.
Not just changing coaches, but also changing some faces so the rest understand that continued mediocrity is no longer acceptable.

And he has to find a goalie. Any goalie who can fog a mirror and control a rebound.

But you have to change the coach first. This roster - now - is better than he has them playing and doesn't suit ... whatever it is he is trying to do.

Happy Thanksgiving. Love you.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Lmao, see ya NAK

tumblr_nqixxuyqfb1ttma2yo1_500.gif

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
For the second time this season coaches and/or manager are standing on the brink of being relieved of their duties. Last time the players pulled out a winning road trip which above all showed the team wasn´t playing against its coach at that time. I have no idea if this has changed over the last weeks...
I think they might pull out a win against the Rangers if whoever imitates a NHL netminder this time by chance manages to catch a couple of shots. A win obviously won´t turn around the season but will save the management another week.

But anyway: Whatever happens now or within the next week: Hextall and Hakstol won´t survive the winter if we stay where we are. There will be a change. Either we will improve or someone will be held responsible.

Hextall might have impressed some come draft day but how could anyone not blame him for the worst aspect of our game for a decade and that is our situation between the pipes. Part of stats like SV% obviously is linked to how good or bad the whole team performs defending the net. But this doesn´t explain a saving percentage of 88.3% in total. And it´s not like this season is the first year where all of a sudden we are struggling in net. Not having taken care of this major issure is completely on Hextall. I know he is the local hero of the past and the coach is kind of the opposite but this is something completely out of the Hakstol´s hands.
I think to save his job for a while Hexy sooner or later will finally be forced to fire the coach. And then we will have a different situation not only within the organization but within this board as well. No chance anymore to put the blame upon a few scapegoats. One of the usual suspects of last season (Hägg) has improved (shocking lies, I know) and that hasn´t made any impact. And while some still seem to think changing the ice times of Hägg and Sanheim will turn us into a contender, this might not really be the only thing a new coach will have in mind.
I think we shall see soon if Dave Hakstol coaching was limiting our players or if some of our players are more limited than we would hope them to be.

Reactions: dats81

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just you watch... they'll start winning again (obviously on the backs of the star players carrying) and it'll both validate this call-up and save Hakstols job just a little longer. :laugh:

That's the pattern here. Right when things get to their worst... the stars go nuts and SUPER carry.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This shit is just flat out embarrassing.

My support of Hextall was hanging on by a thread and I think it just snapped. Whoever is in charge needs to fire his ass. He is destroying this team. He is the real problem, Hak is just a product of it.

This is the 3rd or 4th time in the last 2 years where his only response to unacceptable team play is calling up a guy who is a career minor leaguer at best. That is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad