Post-Game Talk: #22 | Hurricanes at Flyers | November 28, 2023 | Loss 4-1

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don't see much in the way of FO change this year. They don't have to succeed on ice because this is a "rebuilding" year and, like @VladDrag said, none of the beats will call Tortorella out on icing a non-rebuilding lineup. They will almost certainly cool off throughout the season but this will likely devalue players who should be moved at the TDL, so I am expecting "We didn't get any interest in what we thought X is worth" to justify only minor roster changes or maybe even a Walker signing.

As for losing the room, to whom is Tortorella going to lose it? The vets he is overplaying?
To whom will Torts lose the room? The fans. You are most likely correct that the club will cool off, if the slide hasn't started already. Once that becomes apparent, who will want to spend the money and time to invest in going to games?
With the interest around the Phillies and Eagles being what it is these days, how much room is available for the Flyers? The Birds could well be playing ball until the end of January and the Phillies start ST at the end of February. If the Sixers get hot under their new coach, the window for the Flyers to excite the fans is closed. We'll see how the FO tolerates empty seats, bag headed fans if the do go and low media numbers. No one wants to see a dull product like this one is.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When you look at the whole season in totality, Farabee is averaging about the same amount of ice time at 5v5, but it's in two different ways. Foerster started around 11min at 5v5, but is now playing 15min per night. Farabee as kind of hovered around 13min all year.

You can see the icetime distribution below. It's all-strength icetime, but trust me, it looks the same.

View attachment 775196

That's a really cool graph.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
That's a really cool graph.
It's from Hockeyviz.com. There's a lot available information without subscription. I'm ~90% sure this is one of those things.

Of all of the analytical hockey websites I've looked at, Hockeyviz is the one I would most recommend. It takes some time to fully digest what each graph is telling you, but the writer fully details all of his models and metrics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad