Post-Game Talk: #22: Flyers at Islanders, November 25, 2015

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I'm holding on to the theory that the descion to bring up guys like Mac D, instead of Straka or Cousin is to get a shot at the #1 pick this year, I'm sure Hexy will unload a couple guys before the TDL, Hexy has been laser focused since he became GM, and he has navigated and tip-toed around the word "re-build" in Philly, don't get me wrong it hurts my soul watching the Flyers suck so much and get pushed around on the ice, but in 3-5 years when Hexy's plan comes to fruition hopefully the Flyers are bullying people again mostly in the standings and on the scoreboard

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Yet another game i missed and don't really care about. This team is ****.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Gudas, Schenn, and Schultz make just as many mistakes as Manning during a game, and yet they get a free pass. Can someone please tell me why? Maybe it's because everyone is focusing on every little thing Manning does, just waiting for him to make an error.

He had one horrible turnover in his own end and maybe one or two other plays up the boards that went to the Isles. Hello....so did every single one of our other D men. No one ever comments when he makes a decent play, which I did see several of last night.

#23 will continue to be the whipping boy on this board. I know he supposedly gets the "easy" minutes, but to say you would rather see AMac? Come on. He is softer than tissue paper.

Like everyone has said, our entire D is below average right now. Ghost is learning, but he is making his share of rookie mistakes as well. We can't blame one guy for a bad team effort on the backline.

holy ****, enough is enough. THIS IS 100% A GIMMICK POSTER.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost had a nice pass to Giroux on the PP, but otherwise looked like crap. Tried to stick check in front of the net instead of riding his man out of the play, looked scared to go behind the net and fight for the puck, and some of you wonder why he was off the ice in the 3rd period when we had a lead. He's got great offensive talent, but this isn't college, it's a man's game, and you have to be a "little big man."

I cringe everytime Schultz and Schenn are together on the ice. Because the puck is going to be glued to the D-zone for 2 minutes.

Leier and Laughton need more ice time, they may make mistakes, but at least they'll make them at high speed.

There isn't much Hextall can do to stop the bleeding until January, when half the money will be gone for this year from contracts he's desperate to move. Sometimes you just have to patient when every instinct cries: "Patience my ass, I want to kill something!"

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Ghost had a nice pass to Giroux on the PP, but otherwise looked like crap. Tried to stick check in front of the net instead of riding his man out of the play, looked scared to go behind the net and fight for the puck, and some of you wonder why he was off the ice in the 3rd period when we had a lead. He's got great offensive talent, but this isn't college, it's a man's game, and you have to be a "little big man."

I cringe everytime Schultz and Schenn are together on the ice. Because the puck is going to be glued to the D-zone for 2 minutes.

Leier and Laughton need more ice time, they may make mistakes, but at least they'll make them at high speed.

There isn't much Hextall can do to stop the bleeding until January, when half the money will be gone for this year from contracts he's desperate to move. Sometimes you just have to patient when every instinct cries: "Patience my ass, I want to kill something!"
He'll be sent back soon and for along time I think till he can play in his own end. Manning is useless but Ghost looked like is was scared when the 4th line came after him. Sure can play with the puck tho even tho last night wasn't his best showing offensively.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If Ghostisbehere tries to play a "mans" game, he's going to be out of the league in 5 years. He just doesn't have the frame to body a lot of people out, and trying to do so would just lead to injuries. He wasn't at the top of his positional game last night, but he has been there for the most part since his call up. Ghost is one of the last things to be worrying about.

Also, his contribution to the PP alone should keep him around.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
He'll be sent back soon and for along time I think till he can play in his own end. Manning is useless but Ghost looked like is was scared when the 4th line came after him. Sure can play with the puck tho even tho last night wasn't his best showing offensively.

nOt toughzz enuff, bruhh.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
People cry about the lack of offense but this is the main problem. When you're playing in your end of the ice for most of the night, you're not going to score. The D still has a difficult time getting the puck moving from their end even when the forwards come back to help out. During the 2nd and 3rd periods last night, the Isles clogged up the middle of the ice and that was as far as the Flyers got on most shifts. SOS as most games.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Can't play that 4th line scared. He isn't good enough so he can learn to play d in the minors. He has the skill but gm's wanna see the d side of the game first.

I assure you that he wasn't. You know what scares NHL defensemen? Getting walked by elite forwards like Tavares, Giroux, etc. Nobody gives a **** about Matt Martin. It's called keeping your head on a swivel so some useless plug doesn't run you. But do continue on with your classic narrative.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I assure you that he wasn't. You know what scares NHL defensemen? Getting walked by elite forwards like Tavares, Giroux, etc. Nobody gives a **** about Matt Martin. It's called keeping your head on a swivel so some useless plug doesn't run you. But do continue on with your classic narrative.

Guy threw a hissy fit when career 13th forward Chris Porter got claimed off waivers. :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
At least this board is consistent. :laugh:

It's always the same people saying the same incorrect things in the same silly ways and you can predict exactly what their post will be about the second you see their name.

Doing my best to not get baited. Just have to keep reminding myself that it's not my responsibility to stop people from saying stupid ****.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
holy ****, enough is enough. THIS IS 100% A GIMMICK POSTER.

No, Suchy, it's no gimmick. Is it so hard to believe there is a Brandon Manning fan among the group? If you ask me, he should have more support than just Boxcar.

I have to believe the Russian will be back soon. I wouldn't be surprised if ManDog sits one or two, even though I still think Schultz needs to rest himself for a game.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
No, Suchy, it's no gimmick. Is it so hard to believe there is a Brandon Manning fan among the group? If you ask me, he should have more support than just Boxcar.

I have to believe the Russian will be back soon. I wouldn't be surprised if ManDog sits one or two, even though I still think Schultz needs to rest himself for a game.

your giving him more support then he deserves for his entire career...

:shakehead

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Why is always a fringe NHL player that gets a single poster fan group? Wolfy with OKT, the one guy that loved Randy Jones, Boxcar, etc.?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He really doesn't though.

That's problem with people and 4th liners, the expectations are so low that when they do the tiniest thing right you have people acting like they're stars.

Like Vandevelde and Bellemare. They're nothing special and somehow are immune to critisism because nobody expects much from them. Bellemare is good on the PK but at 5v5 they're getting stuck in their own zone a ton and when they finally do get out its just harmless cycling since none of them have any skill or goalscoring ability.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Here I thought I thought Gostisbehere skating circles around Matt Martin was because of his speed and skill. Turns out he was just scared. That's unfortunate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad