Post-Game Talk: #22: FLYERS 5 at Hurricanes 3, Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I see you are "shouting and calling people names", the vehemence and frequency there uh oh.... :laugh:

This resonates so deeply within me; I am unable to express in words the effect the greatness of this post has on my soul at the atomic level.

11th harmonic type shit. Destruction of cells type resonating deepness.

@Striiker In a world of entropy, why can't we just simply be?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This resonates so deeply within me; I am unable to express in words the effect the greatness of this post has on my soul at the atomic level.

11th harmonic type ****. Destruction of cells type resonating deepness.

@Striiker In a world of entropy, why can't we just simply be?
No more fabrications, no more problems.

Seems easy enough, right? :thumbu:

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
No response a full day later.

Didn’t think so.

How about we try being honest from now on. ;)

It's all good, not everyone lives on these forums, or has the time to post 53000+ messages. You can spout all you want about sabotage and actively hurting players, by me saying what I said, it is my opinion that you go overboard one direction and deadhead (who didn't seem to take it as an attack on his person) goes overboard in the other. Somewhere in the middle is where I tend to be. I think (in my opinion of course) you make some good points most of the time, but I also think that some of your views are flawed, basing usage (TOI)mainly on advanced stats in a game like hockey is leaning too far one way. Too many variables. For example, from my readings of your posts, you want Ghost playing in all situations as he is a good puck mover and has good offensive skills. I somewhat agree with that. I like Ghost, I think he is dynamic offensively, he was excellent in the past. I also think that he is average at chasing the puck in his own and and taking the puck away from guys, and can get caved in pretty good in tight checking situations. You can't be good offensively or a good puck mover if you don't have it, and half the game of hockey is spent pursuing the puck. IMO he has dropped down the depth chart based on other guys moving up based on more well rounded games. Should he be on PP1? Prob the best option right now, even though Provy has been putting up points. Ghost is much better at d zone exit and has the natural creativity that Provy seems to be trying to emulate. I'd prob peg Ghost at #4 on ES TOI right now, I know he has been around #5 over the past little bit. Is that the hill to die on and blame coaching? Or is there sme underlying fact that is limiting his minutes? (injury, sickness, doghouse???) HArd to know without being in the room.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Not everyone is going to be happy with the minutes the players are getting. If we bumped up Ghosts minutes then someone would complain about Myers or Sanheims minutes being down.
Which would mean splitting up the pairs. I think the pairs are fine how they are. Not everyone getting the max minutes be damned.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's all good, not everyone lives on these forums, or has the time to post 53000+ messages. You can spout all you want about sabotage and actively hurting players, by me saying what I said, it is my opinion that you go overboard one direction and deadhead (who didn't seem to take it as an attack on his person) goes overboard in the other. Somewhere in the middle is where I tend to be. I think (in my opinion of course) you make some good points most of the time, but I also think that some of your views are flawed, basing usage (TOI)mainly on advanced stats in a game like hockey is leaning too far one way. Too many variables. For example, from my readings of your posts, you want Ghost playing in all situations as he is a good puck mover and has good offensive skills. I somewhat agree with that. I like Ghost, I think he is dynamic offensively, he was excellent in the past. I also think that he is average at chasing the puck in his own and and taking the puck away from guys, and can get caved in pretty good in tight checking situations. You can't be good offensively or a good puck mover if you don't have it, and half the game of hockey is spent pursuing the puck. IMO he has dropped down the depth chart based on other guys moving up based on more well rounded games. Should he be on PP1? Prob the best option right now, even though Provy has been putting up points. Ghost is much better at d zone exit and has the natural creativity that Provy seems to be trying to emulate.

I was referring to the suggestion that I overrate Ghost. That post was more an open invitation for people to step up and clarify the accusation, not strictly directed at you, since multiple have attempted it but were unable to back it up (and those people posted elsewhere on the board since I made that post, so I'm sure they saw it). I was looking for someone to post quotes explaining what I rate him as, to defend that suggestion that I overrate him, because saying he should be on the top PP and shouldn't be on the 3rd pair with trash (the two things I've argued about the most in regards to him) isn't exactly crazy high praise. It's impossible to say that I overrate him if people can't even say what I rate him as.

And nope, you are mistaken. It's not like I want him swapped and given Provorov's exact usage or anything like that. I want Ghost used heavily on the PP and at 5v5, just like I want Provorov used heavily on the PK and at 5v5. I want our players to each be used in the best way possible to maximize their impacts, given their skillsets. One is being used too little and in the wrong way, which kills his impact... the other is used to much, which is just asking for trouble. It needs to balanced out to get the best out of each and benefit the team. We have a defensemen who - not even two years ago - put up 65 points and played very good defense, which was the last time he was used on the top pair, given real minutes, and was with the non-broken top PP. Since then his usage has randomly suffered, which has caused his impact to suffer, as it would for literally any player. That's why I keep posting context, which gets falsely called "excuses"... to show why his current production is an awful way to judge him and can be easily explained with the most basic of reasoning.

I'll also point out that you mentioned advanced stats, which I don't use. So you might be confusing me with someone else.

As I said yesterday, the fact that I talk about Ghost so much isn't because I overrate him, it's because he's the player currently being complained about and misjudged the most by people on here. In the past I've done the exact same with multiple other players when they were the target of nonsense critiques. I've been mistakenly called a fanboy of nearly every top player on this team because I've defended them at one time or another when people go overboard against them (and I've turned out to be right in almost every case)... so I'm not surprised it's happening again here.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'll also point out that you mentioned advanced stats, which I don't use. So you might be confusing me with someone else.

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad