norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Until we get bodies back...

81 - 71 - 23 - Keeps most of PP1 together
57 - 18 - 52 - Should be on PP2 together, except Perron
85 - 27 - 90 - PKers for extra minutes, one of the tall kids on PP2
73 - 24 - 22 - PK pairing
Basically avoids a ton of mishmash if there is a penalty heavy game. Only thing that's really split is Perron from PP1 and the Larkin/Copp PK pairing

3 - 53 - ES, Mo gets PP1 and maybe they get some PK together, otherwise Mo is with Maatta on PK duties.
8 - 17 - They are PP2 together, may as well match them in ES and PK as well
2 - whoever - Olli is a super safe guy to pair with whoever emerges from the pile of barely qualifying NHLers

35 - 60 games, I have Husso down for the next 3
39 - 22 games

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I was said to be crazy when I bought up how Pius Suter was equally good as Lucas Raymond last season 5-on-5.

This season Suter has been much better.

Individual P/60.
Suter 1.96
Raymond 1.05

This also doesn't count Suter's scoring short-handed.

From last 2 seasons combined, Suter is our 5th best producer (per 60) at ES, after Vrana, Kubalik, Larkin and Bertuzzi.
You are still crazy, Suter is not better than Raymond :laugh:

Suter blows. He got a bunch of lucky points earlier. Credit to him on the SH goal, he earned that, but even Darren Helm scored on 1 out of 100 breakaways lol.

Suter is also weak as a noodle. He gets knocked off of every puck and loses every puck battle. He gets swatted away like a gnat on a horse’s ass.

He lost his center job, got demoted to the 4th line, saw his TOI drop to last on the team, and has only played up recently due to injuries and suspensions.

Suter is simply filler at this point. He’ll have his moments when he gets gifted more opportunity, but he’s not long for Detroit. Hopefully his recent little boon inflates his trade value (from zero to non-zero).

Reactions: raymond23

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You are still crazy, Suter is not better than Raymond :laugh:

Suter blows. He got a bunch of lucky points earlier. Credit to him on the SH goal, he earned that, but even Darren Helm scored on 1 out of 100 breakaways lol.

It's still a pure fact how Suter is producing almost double more that Raymond at 5-on-5. :D

That last column is points/60.

1667898661943.png

Raymond is better overall YEAH - of course he brings a different element on PP etc. - but you can't take that Suter ES production away. It's happening.

What comes to lucky points, he is in front of Raymond with 2-season 5-on-5 sample size too. +1000 ES minutes and +90 games.

Give this damn guy some credit.

2-season sample size, 93 games for Suter and 94 games for Raymond. Suter ahead, almost equal scoring and assist ratios. Raymond makes the overall difference on PP.

1667898951006.png

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It's still a pure fact how Suter is producing almost double more that Raymond at 5-on-5. :D

That last column is points/60.

View attachment 604921

Raymond is better overall YEAH - of course he brings a different element on PP etc. - but you can't take that Suter ES production away. It's happening.

What comes to lucky points, he is in front of Raymond with 2-season 5-on-5 sample size too. +1000 ES minutes and +90 games.

Give this damn guy some credit.

2-season sample size, 93 games for Suter and 94 games for Raymond. Suter ahead, almost equal scoring and assist ratios. Raymond makes the overall difference on PP.

View attachment 604923
I appreciate you cheerleading for Suter, Henkka, I do. Even scrubs should have fans lol. But I will extend him no credit this season! :laugh: (except for the shortie)

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was said to be crazy when I bought up how Pius Suter was equally good as Lucas Raymond last season 5-on-5.

This season Suter has been much better.

Individual P/60.
Suter 1.96
Raymond 1.05

This also doesn't count Suter's scoring short-handed.

From last 2 seasons combined, Suter is our 5th best producer (per 60) at ES, after Vrana, Kubalik, Larkin and Bertuzzi.
I think Fester is figuring that out, which is why he was on the top line.

I would prefer that he plays wing though.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Barring injury, how long does everyone think the defensive pairings will stick? They haven't deviated since Chiarot and Maatta signed their contracts. Almost everything else has shuffled once or twice. But those pairings have been etched in stone since the opening day of free agency. They haven't changed in scrimmages, preseason, practices (going off of reporter notes), or regular season games. Up to a couple days ago one could argue the 2nd pairing was too strong to break up. But now? The blueline is ripe for a shake-up that doesn't involve cycling in and out garbage on the 3rd pairing.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Barring injury, how long does everyone think the defensive pairings will stick? They haven't deviated since Chiarot and Maatta signed their contracts. Almost everything else has shuffled once or twice. But those pairings have been etched in stone since the opening day of free agency. They haven't changed in scrimmages, preseason, practices (going off of reporter notes), or regular season games. Up to a couple days ago one could argue the 2nd pairing was too strong to break up. But now? The blueline is ripe for a shake-up that doesn't involve cycling in and out garbage on the 3rd pairing.
Wouldn’t mind just seeing a flip of chiarot and Matta

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wouldn’t mind just seeing a flip of chiarot and Matta
While I agree that would probably help 45-50 minutes of the game. The 3rd pairing is still a 10-15 minute dumpster fire. They've been using Chia/Hronek on PP2 for a while now.

I still say bring up Ed to play with Mo. Chia - Hronek. Maatta - Walman til Pysyk gets back.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad