Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Jarmo and Sweeney have such a good relationship right now I'm sure he'd give us Nyquist cheap

JK was getting his book out after Orlov was announced
1677529417440.png

Matt8871

Jan 10, 2022
Mojo is the answer.
Not sure Marcus Johansson solves more problems than acquiring a 4C would - Lets say we do get him (i think he' s a great player, don't get me wrong), but that gives us:

63-37-74
18/71-46-88
18/71-13-90/11
17-92-21

Who sits? Hathaway? It's not foligno and it's not Nosek. Frederic shouldnt be anywhere near center in the playoffs. Hathaway should probably be playing.

However, if you get a 4C (Eller or Dowd please?!) then you sit Nosek and have Center depth going into the playoffs and Greer is your 14th FWD

edit - sorry don don't mean to be going at you all day

Reactions: Oates2Neely

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Not sure Marcus Johansson solves more problems than acquiring a 4C would - Lets say we do get him (i think he' s a great player, don't get me wrong), but that gives us:

63-37-74
18/71-46-88
18/71-13-90/11
17-92-21

Who sits? Hathaway? It's not foligno and it's not Nosek. Frederic shouldnt be anywhere near center in the playoffs. Hathaway should probably be playing.

However, if you get a 4C (Eller or Dowd please?!) then you sit Nosek and have Center depth going into the playoffs and Greer is your 14th FWD

A little insurance on the forward lines can go a long way.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I dont know if he is. Frederic in the playoffs is a surprise back for me. Bonino is a cup winner and proven veteran. Nyquist is scoring depth and him on injury reserve until the playoffs is great for managing the cap.
I definitely know I’d rather play Frederic over Nyquist. Nyquist is soft and his scoring has fallen off. Wouldn’t have time to adjust to the team. Wouldn’t want to bank on him figuring things out in the playoffs and don’t see how he’d play over Frederic

I think ppl undersell the kind of production Frederic has had in limited minutes almost exclusively 5 on 5. He’s a +22 and it’s not by accident.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

63-37-74
18/71-46-88
18/71-13-90/11
17-92-21

Johansson is a pure depth add guy at this point. I don't think he would play if everyone is healthy. He could be a guy who plays if people are out or playing poorly

I definitely know I’d rather play Frederic over Nyquist. Nyquist is soft and his scoring has fallen off

And good chance Nyquist isn't ready to play until next fall. Would be a waste of assets

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
The east arms race continues kinda hate bruce for not winning that game 7 at home against blues ( yes I'm still not over of it yet )Look at the nonsense we need to go through to get that mug. Its nuclear right now. I hope we get that shiny silvery magical mug. We still a few days from trade deadline and the east is firing hydrogen bombs. Donny fire !
In fairness, we caught ourselves a bit of a break in 2019 ( thanks Columbus). The road to the cup for us this year will not be a cakewalk..lol.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
McCabe for three years @ 2mil is a steal. Might be the best deal this deadline.

I don't know why people think this guy is good, he really isn't. I wouldn't take him over any of our top 7 defenseman.

McCabe's easiest comparable is Brandon Carlo. So yes, top 4.

Ha ha, he is not nearly as good as Carlo, he's bottom pairing material on any good team.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

Matt8871

Jan 10, 2022
I'm sorry it was too easy. I like Grizz as a 5-7, have always said so. If it's Toronto in the second round his speed will be important, if it's Tampa I would probably go Forbort-Clifton bottom pair
I understand and while I may agree to disagree, at that point it's personal preference. I think we may be personally maximizing different value functions of defenders which is okay!

Reactions: Fenian24

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Could use the 2023 version of Rich Peverly. But that’s about it. Not sure who that is or how we could make it fit (move out Zboril or Reilly) but that’s the only upgrade I can see.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm sorry it was too easy. I like Grizz as a 5-7, have always said so. If it's Toronto in the second round his speed will be important, if it's Tampa I would probably go Forbort-Clifton bottom pair
Yeah for me it’s matchup dependent. Tampa is one of the few teams in the league I’d go Forbort/Clifton over Grizz for and it’s just because of how much they bang

Reactions: Curls13 and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad