Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
No, we are not being invaded by Quebec.

It was always going to cost and even moreso now with how we've been playing this season.

I for one am happy it was canceled because I was having severe anxiety about whether to go or not as I was invited to attend.
::Sadly takes off his beret and cancels his poutine order::

I would have voted for President Bergeron....

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
My first choice is a good trade that gives us someone for the top 9, or maybe that elusive D upgrade. But if we don't land that, my second choice is nothing (or nearly nothing).

Assuming we can load balance the goalies and the big 6-7 key players going into the playoffs and be truly healthy, then the depth for the playoff charge is basically this, right?

Craig Smith, Greer, Lauko, Marky Marc, Wags, Steen, surely some others would be 4th line ready depending on the series (we have plenty of current 4th liners who can shift up to become 3rd liners)

Zboril, Reilly, Stralman, Achan

That's a lot of guys pretty familiar with the system who can be a #12 or a #6. Looking at that you can make the case for needing a defensemen worse than Cliffy but better than Reilly perhaps. You get a true #7 on the cheap and go to war with that. I'm saying I'd pick this over getting our butts blown open for JC or something if the bidding war gets senseless. There are fewer and fewer sellers in the East. And a lot of the options out west are starting to dwindle. I won't be THAT pissed if Sweeney goes low key, potentially. Now if Gavrikov goes elsewhere for a good prospect, a 2 and a 3, I'll be pissed...

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Roslovic would be nice with Gavy
Its gavrikov this and gavrikov that all over hf boards and I'm not excited. Our D is solid you want some insurance get me holden for a 7th . Get me another top scorer like timo or bertuzzi to try to equal o'Reilly. If donny is really concentrating on D then get the dynamic chychrun and if it's too expensive then forget that project and strengthen the forward lines. We need more firepower. Leafs have Mathews taveras and o'Reilly down the middle. Sounds like a fantasy team.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
There will be plenty of money when Pasta bolts.

For all the talk of possibly an extension being worked out before agreeing to trade for Gavrikov, seems a lot of next year's money is being used up.

So maybe Sweeney and Pastas camp already have a handshake deal and are waiting to sign it due to tagging room issues.

Or possibly he knows he doesn't need to save 11+ million for a RW next season.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Its gavrikov this and gavrikov that all over hf boards and I'm not excited. Our D is solid you want some insurance get me holden for a 7th . Get me another top scorer like timo or bertuzzi to try to equal o'Reilly. If donny is really concentrating on D then get the dynamic chychrun and if it's too expensive then forget that project and strengthen the forward lines. We need more firepower. Leafs have Mathews taveras and o'Reilly down the middle. Sounds like a fantasy team.

Ill wait and see before I judge. Who's in and who's out and Honestly I don't know a hell of a lot about Gavrikov. My guess is Lohrei career will be remaining in Ohio and Gavrikov and the Bruins have reached an extension and the Bruins are trying to clear enough space to land Barbashev as well.

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
What's this fascination with gavrikov???!! The leafs landed o'Reilly that beast ! And this is the answer ???! Wtf. Forbert is playing all world we dont need another 10 point dman. Get me a chychrun or something shiny like timo. There better be more moves especially scoring wise leafs firepower scares me and I'm hoping tampa takes care of them. That's a desperate organization and a scary one right now. We need to prepare the leafs are coming for us. Donny do your thing. If he cant get a shiny toy then pay very little and get some help like brassard for a 5th and not overpay for a guy like gavrikov. I'm very concerned about the hype for this guy.
I dont like the shiny toy direction, this team chemistry is so solid. a 3-4 defenceman is perfect

Reactions: The don godfather

rsteen

Oct 1, 2022
If Pasta walks, they should be going for a retool. Or trading for Meier. Not extending #4 dmen before they've played a single game for Boston.

As for a first and Lohrei, at that price Columbus had better be taking on Reilly and Smith, or giving us a forward. I don't know how Sweeney could watch Smith play for the last month and decide that a mid LHD is where he should blow all his assets.

RatKing

Jan 26, 2023
If the only way Arizona trades Chychrun to us is with Swayman included, what if you countered with 1st rounder, Swayman, one of Lohrei/Lysell for Chychrun with retention, Vejmelka, Lawson Crouse. Gives us our PP QB, we aren’t up s*** creek if god forbid Ullmark goes down, also gives us a little more sandpaper in the bottom 6 with Crouse. Not saying I want Swayman gone but wondering if this would be a possibility.

Marchy- Bergy- Debrusk
Zacha- Krejci- Pasta
Hall- Coyle- Frederic
Foligno- Nosek- Crouse

Chychrun- Mcavoy
Lindholm- Carlo
Forbort/Gryz- Clifton

Ullmark
Vejmelka

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
There will be plenty of money when Pasta bolts.

I think I've settled on the idea that Gryz, Hall, Coyle, Reilly, Forbort, Swayman are all pretty liquid in the offseason. If they need to they can move someone out and restock the prospect cupboard a little in the process (ok maybe not with Reilly lol).

Don't think they'll have trouble finding the $.

Reactions: Gordoff

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
For all the talk of possibly an extension being worked out before agreeing to trade for Gavrikov, seems a lot of next year's money is being used up.

So maybe Sweeney and Pastas camp already have a handshake deal and are waiting to sign it due to tagging room issues.

If you bring in Gavrikov to play with McAvoy on a deal with term, I think you are moving on from Gryz, Forbort AND Reilly between now and opening night next season.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

He can buyout Forbort and Reilly next year for under 1 million against the cap (would be 2.5 million combined the following year) Still not a lot of money for Pasta, Swayman and Frederic. Freddy and Sway will be looking at 3 mil a piece prob. Maybe 2.5

If they do get and extend Gavrikov there is no long term future for Forbort, Clifton or Gryz it would seem.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Who ever the prospect is it will become a great trade for Columbus on the main Bruin hater board. As of now our prospects still suck

Reactions: Carl Hungus

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Ill wait and see before I judge. Who's in and who's out and Honestly I don't know a hell of a lot about Gavrikov. My guess is Lohrei career will be remaining in Ohio and Gavrikov and the Bruins have reached an extension and the Bruins are trying to clear enough space to land Barbashev as well.
Donny better strengthen the forward lines that's all I know that dubas fired a major nuke in all this. I'm pissed cause I cant stand him leafs and fanbase worst in the world trust me I'm here. They mentioning that silver mug again. Bertuzzi please and kfc buckets that you all own me is cancelled and you all save your money.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think I've settled on the idea that Gryz, Hall, Coyle, Reilly, Forbort, Swayman are all pretty liquid in the offseason. If they need to they can move someone out and restock the prospect cupboard a little in the process (ok maybe not with Reilly lol).

Don't think they'll have trouble finding the $.
Gryz, Hall, Coyle and Swayman all create holes that need to be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad