Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
I mean if we trade for a star, extend that star, sign Pasta and ice a competitive team next year. At that point we will have made a complete mockery of the cap and I likely will still be irrationally concerned about cap hell in the future. 🫤
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ON3M4N

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Hypotetical : Do the B's include Swayman in a trade if it really truely moves the meter, and clearly makes the B's a big favorite for the cup ?
No. About as much chance as the Bruins trading Pasta if he’s not signed before TDL. Both would be equally dumb IMO.

Reactions: Fenian24

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Picture the top 9. Someone has to play 3rd line RW.
True someone does, but it wouldn't be Meier. He would be along side Bergy and Marchand, your not bringing in one of the premier wingers in the game to play on your third line. Unfortunately odds are we'll never know because imo I highly doubt he becomes a Bruin but if he does, there's no way he would be on the Bruins third line, unless their double shifting him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
True someone does, but it wouldn't be Meier. He would be along side Bergy and Marchand, your not bringing in one of the premier wingers in the game to play on your third line. Unfortunately odds are we'll never know because imo I highly doubt he becomes a Bruin but if he does, there's no way he would be on the Bruins third line, unless their double shifting him.
Oh I highly doubt it too and I don't know squat about the cap and all the logistics that I read here. That's why I usually don't post on this thread, I was just in the Devils advocate mood. :laugh:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
i mean...Taylor Hall is already playing on the 3rd line.

They'll roll out whatever top 9 ends up having the best chemistry and gives them the best matchups. It'll probably change frequently too.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Legit Meier rumors? With possible extension?? Holy shit. Gotta think a 1st, Lysell, & another strong asset (Poitras/Harrison/another 1st) and maybe a medium asset (Lauko/3rd?) would have to go. And as for next year they'd have to go expensive wings and cheap centers (Bergy, Krech?, Zacha, Freddy) and trade off JDB, Coyle, and a D. Very very interesting.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
With a top 9 like that, you don't need Bergy's line to pull "1st line minutes", as you could more evenly distribute the time between the three. That might not entirely be a bad thing as much as it pains me to say it, for Bergy and Krejci, especially down the line

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
i mean...Taylor Hall is already playing on the 3rd line.

They'll roll out whatever top 9 ends up having the best chemistry and gives them the best matchups. It'll probably change frequently too.
Tyalor Hall couldn't hold Timo Meier jock strap. Don't get me wrong I like hall but his better days are behind him. Meiers a tank and an absolute stud. Although I do agree that's what they'll do (Chemistry) but Meier if he becomes a Bruin and that's a big if, isn't finding his Chemistry on a 3rd line. It'll be with either Bergy or Krejci imo again unless he's being double shifted.

I obviously see Meier different than you, but imo this guy is a horse a stud, who would easily push Debrusk back to 3rd line minutes. It would be a great problem to have, and one that I would love to see happen, but don't realistically see it happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Legit Meier rumors? With possible extension?? Holy shit. Gotta think a 1st, Lysell, & another strong asset (Poitras/Harrison/another 1st) and maybe a medium asset (Lauko/3rd?) would have to go. And as for next year they'd have to go expensive wings and cheap centers (Bergy, Krech?, Zacha, Freddy) and trade off JDB, Coyle, and a D. Very very interesting.
From Dom...there is no rumour ... it was simply an example of the type of trade Sweeney likes to make. Did I get that right Dom?

Timo Meier

Meier is a pending restricted free agent with arbitration rights and carries a $10 million qualifying offer and that is enough to scare every team away. However, Sharks GM Mike Grier has said that if they get an offer they like for Meier, they would grant that team permission to speak to Meier’s agent Claude Lemieux about an extension in advance. That extension would likely come in below the qualifying offer and this is exactly the type of deal Sweeney likes to pull off.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Hypotetical : Do the B's include Swayman in a trade if it really truely moves the meter, and clearly makes the B's a big favorite for the cup ?
I’d consider it in the offseason if it was for a young top 6 center

Reactions: TCB

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Happy to hear the Bruins may have interest in Gavrikov and Chychrun. Pair either with McAvoy and your top-4 is capable of playing 50 minutes come playoff time. You can’t do that with Grzelcyk in your top-4. Bruins don’t trust him to play 20+ minutes a night and come playoff time against quality opponents it’s that much harder to get him the offensive zone starts that he needs to be effective.

I’m hoping they add one of these guys as their big move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad