Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I remember reading about the bonuses needing to be accounted for in an article about Silfverbergs extension a few years back.

But I now assume the writer was wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Found it What is Tagging or “Tagged Payroll Room” in the NHL CBA, Article 50.5?: Jakob Silfverberg
That part is correct. Deferred bonuses deferred to the current season are bonuses carried over from last season to this season.

I was referring to Bergeron/Krejci that will be deferred to next season.

I should have been clearer.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
FYI and I have already confirmed this. What is out there on the internet is not correct in a lot of cases. For example, a lot of what you read also says bonus overages come off tagging space. That is not true. Bonuses are applied to end of year cap and if it doesn't fit gets carried over into the first day of the next year when the offseason cap is 10 percent higher.

As for Meier, I don't know what he will get. I guess that's why they have the chance to talk to his agent and then let Evan Gold figure it out.

I think we are talking peanuts here. But I don't worry about the cap. You get the player you want, then figure it out. They could always sign the extension after Bergy raises the cup.

Now we wait to see if the Bruins get permission to speak with his agent

Am I missing something? Why does the Meier talk seem to be gaining steam?

Dom talks about him in his newest write-up

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I don’t see eye to eye with him much, but I agree with him here. Smith has pretty much no value at all.
I'm not concerned much with who likes who......unless Smith is part of a bigger deal, I think alone he gets you something

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm not concerned much with who likes who......unless Smith is part of a bigger deal, I think alone he gets you something
There’s literally nothing that says that’s the case. He’s a cap dump - and we probably won’t have to pay much to do it. This isn’t some deep take either - he’s a negative value asset at this point.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm not sure why anyone would think that.

If he has value to a contender, then why wouldn't BOS keep him since they are a contender?

And he absoltuely has zero value to a non-contender.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Just for posterity’s sake…look at the difference between first and second…

0A390C3D-B4D3-48C8-B0D0-9A9B5E4F2F76.png

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
best thing is we have less than 30 days to see who's right and who's wrong

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I really don’t. He’s very, very bad.
If anyone wanted Smith they would have grabbed him for free.

Unless we are taking a worse player back with a smaller cap hit, Smith adds nothing to a trade in 2023.

He'll be in a deal to offset money, otherwise he's been given a leash far longer than any Providence player has been given.

Reactions: NeelyDan

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I mean if we trade for a star, extend that star, sign Pasta and ice a competitive team next year. At that point we will have made a complete mockery of the cap and I likely will still be irrationally concerned about cap hell in the future. 🫤

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad