Post-Game Talk: 21.r1.g1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Looks like we’re the overwhelming consensus underdog. Bring it. I like what the adversity at the end of the season brought out in the team. If Kuzy comes back at all motivated, VV plays ok or can steal a game, and our injury luck doesn’t turn worse, I like our chances. would like to see mantha and TJ on the board early, and our big guys thumping them.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Looks like we’re the overwhelming consensus underdog. Bring it. I like what the adversity at the end of the season brought out in the team. If Kuzy comes back at all motivated, VV plays ok or can steal a game, and our injury luck doesn’t turn worse, I like our chances. would like to see mantha and TJ on the board early, and our big guys thumping them.
That a whole lot of IFs my guy..

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm excited. They may or may not win, but I don't really see this version of the team laying an egg like they did last year.

Very interested to see how Laviolette tries to neutralize Boston's top 6. I'd guess 73-20-17 are going to be hard matched against Boston's top line, but I wonder if Washington is going to try to match against their second line as well or just do that by committee. Also interested to see how he tries to deploy the defensive pairings.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
They don’t have a real second line. I can see how pundits look at this line up and are like, “Yeah that’s a no from me.”
Oshie - 67 point pace
Wilson - 58 point pace
Sprong - 25 goal pace and 2nd highest g/60 in the entire nhl

Seems like a fully capable 2nd line to go along with a very strong first line and an extremely effective possession 3rd line.

Reactions: um

Jun 15, 2007
The reason I don't think it's a punishment for Kuzy and Sammy is because Sammy should have a lot more rope. He's just a kid. It doesn't make sense to punish him the same as Kuzy who's a grown ass man with a wife and kids.

So I still have to conclude they are out because of actually having covid, not as some punishment for missing Oshie's dad's funeral or whatever the latest speculation is.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Playoffs typically include a guy getting dinged and having to sit out at least a game, sometimes more. I'm hoping that Kuz isn't fully banished, but resumes skating and will be available to play a few games into the series if someone gets injured. Of course, if that could even happen depends on how (and whether) Lavi addresses Kuzy's situation tomorrow.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
tenor.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The reason I don't think it's a punishment for Kuzy and Sammy is because Sammy should have a lot more rope. He's just a kid. It doesn't make sense to punish him the same as Kuzy who's a grown ass man with a wife and kids.

So I still have to conclude they are out because of actually having covid, not as some punishment for missing Oshie's dad's funeral or whatever the latest speculation is.

They are on the list for actual covid. To get the covid they broke rules. Rules I am sure are zero tolerance

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Would have expected to see Willy and Mantha swapped. Pretty sure they will avoid matchups between first lines.. atleast i hope so. Not sure i want Ovie and Mantha as the wingers against the best line in the world. But home ice, so Dowdie will handle that stuff for the most part of es hockey.

But, I pretty much dont care whos in and whos out. At this point it doesnt matter. You win or you die. Like Ovie said, its ’real hockey time’.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
People saying 92 is addition but subtraction have lost their mind.

kuzy has been a playoff performer for us. Even when we have lost in playoffs he has performed.

anyone who thinks it’s good he’s not playing are just trying to convince themselves of something they know isn’t good.

When Oshie - who is super slow has to play center bc our legit #2 center we spent half of Ovis career finding can’t play - it sucks.

worst part is no update.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The fourth line is backally guaranteed to not score with that lineup - so hopefully they play exceptional defense at least.... and hopefully Hathaway isn’t a idiot who takes dumb penalties. We need that line to just not be a major minus line for the team - bc dowd literally has two wingers on that line who produce nothing offensively.

Lavi had 56 games to get lines in shape and throws a random curveball first game of playoffs. Not happy about it going against a team with lines that Boston had had play together for awhile now

also, not sure if Boston has any lines that are fast - but we have zero lines that can match any speed right now. My god our lines are slow.

predicting 4-2 caps tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad