Line Combos: 21-22' Roster Discussion Thread

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Got rid of Keith yet this still is a looming issue

Lol. What a f***ing meaningless stat. JFresh continues to astound me. The difference between the worst team in the NHL in this stat, and the best team in the NHL in this stat, is what? A couple blocks a game? This stat is also heavily skewed by...shot attempts. Not to mention, there's basically zero correlation between winning/losing, and this statistic.

Why do people pay any attention to this shit?

Mitchell’s last chance to show he is an NHL caliber D man. I wish they brought up Regula instead or Phillips.

His last chance, at 22? lol

Reactions: Giovi

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Kubalik needs to go before rest of league gets onto his decline
Hahaha, I always find this argument hilarious (you’re not the only one who does it).

Do people really think pro scouts in the NHL are less aware of what’s going on than the typical fan?

It’s probably safe to assume that every team knows at least as much as we all do, and then some.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Hahaha, I always find this argument hilarious (you’re not the only one who does it).

Do people really think pro scouts in the NHL are less aware of what’s going on than the typical fan?

It’s probably safe to assume that every team knows at least as much as we all do, and then some.
Not Ken Holland

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
So the interim GM has traded for Gabriel and now Lafferty. This for a team that has averaged little more than 2 goals a game. Heavy forecheck = more goals?

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
They gave Nylander all the time in the world....he should have done better in Rockford even though they are a development team.....however, the difference between Reichel and Nylander is night and day, IMO......Nylander will look to have one decent Strome season with some great linemates and cash in....no heart.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

He is starting to look like Darrent Turcotte to me

A guy who impressed early and then declined quickly

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
nick ritchie is on waivers

davidson should pluck him as he is better than some of what we have to put on the ice.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
nick ritchie is on waivers

davidson should pluck him as he is better than some of what we have to put on the ice.

Shit. He was the one making the cap work in all my fantasy Toronto trades for Niemela.

Someones gonna pick him up for sure. Wouldn't mind if its us, he could be good insurance for the young kids if we strat trading players.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
@JaegerDice
Screen-Shot-2022-01-09-at-1.02.01-PM.png

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Jones has been better since the switch to King and the zone system. He's also stopped being deployed against the other team's best (as seen here in role difficulty). It allows him to play to his strengths, which is his offensive impact.

He still profoundly sucks at denying entries, as it's incredibly easy for players to both beat him wide with the puck, or dump the puck in and beat him to the corner to get it back (also seen here in the denials category).

Seth Jones is still not good enough to warrant the price in assets to acquire him, nor the cap hit he will have starting next season. And he's already 27 years old, so the bulk of this contract is going to be on the downside of his aging curve.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Jones has been better since the switch to King and the zone system. He's also stopped being deployed against the other team's best (as seen here in role difficulty). It allows him to play to his strengths, which is his offensive impact.

He still profoundly sucks at denying entries, as it's incredibly easy for players to both beat him wide with the puck, or dump the puck in and beat him to the corner to get it back (also seen here in the denials category).

Seth Jones is still not good enough to warrant the price in assets to acquire him, nor the cap hit he will have starting next season. And he's already 27 years old, so the bulk of this contract is going to be on the downside of his aging curve.
Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad