Line Combos: 21-22' Roster Discussion Thread

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Can we start the in-season roster discussion and line combos thread?

I want Dach and Debrincat joined together at the hip. They looked amazing together, not only PK but 5on5 too. Easy to find them a partner too, they don't need much.

Fully expecting Gaudette to draw in. Not the best starts from Johnson, Borgstrom or Khaira.

Other than that, I'm worried a little for Kane, his shot is still clearly effected.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Cat - Dach - Kane
Kubalik - Toews - Kurashev
Hagel - Strome - Johnson
Gaudette - Borgstrom - Carpenter

Something like this up front. Bottom 6 is pretty interchangeable for me.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
DeBrincat-Hagel-Kane
Kubalik-Toews-Kurashev
Borgstrom-Strome-Dach (why'd this line get broken up in the first place?)
Gaudette-Entwistle-Carpenter

Khaira and Johnson can sit after last game

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kubalik-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Hagel
Kurashev-Strome-Johnson
Reichel-Borgstrom-Gaudette

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I would go:

Hagel - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Dach - Johnson
Kubalik - Borgstrom - Kurashev
Gaudette - Entwistle - Carpenter

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I would go:

Hagel - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Dach - Johnson
Kubalik - Borgstrom - Kurashev
Gaudette - Entwistle - Carpenter

I don't dislike these lines. I think the 3rd line could absolutely feast on weaker competition.

One of the concerns is TJ on the wing, he sucked in Tampa when he did not play C with speedy wingers...

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I honestly don’t care what the lines are at this point. If the team can f***ing show up on time then they’ll be fine.

That’s a big ask under Colliton though.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I honestly don’t care what the lines are at this point. If the team can f***ing show up on time then they’ll be fine.

That’s a big ask under Colliton though.

ya JC is most certainly lacking in his ability to be a motivator for sure, that is one of his major faults, he has no idea how to ensure that the team is prepared and ready to play come puck drop.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
ya JC is most certainly lacking in his ability to be a motivator for sure, that is one of his major faults, he has no idea how to ensure that the team is prepared and ready to play come puck drop.
Yeah, it seems to me that the team is playing like the coach's personality - rather laid back with little emotion.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's too early to say for certain but I was afraid that the acquisition of Tyler Johnson was going to create another problem and based on what I've seen in 2 games nothing has changed.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Let Reichel play top line minutes in Rockford not 4th line in the NHL.

you start him out on the 4th line to get comfortable and put him on pp2, then you gradually increase his minutes and slot him in top 6, hawks are a better team with him on it, they did this with dach and they can do it with reichel

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kubalik Toews Hagel
Debrincat Dach Kane
Gaudette Strome Borgstrom
Khaira Johnson Entwhistle

these lines seem pretty realistic, only thing i would change is bottom 6 but there is a lot of mix and match possible in that group

kurashev-strome-johnson
borgstrom-carpenter-gaudette

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's too early to say for certain but I was afraid that the acquisition of Tyler Johnson was going to create another problem and based on what I've seen in 2 games nothing has changed.
Yup, people thinking he's going to be good are going to be extremely disappointed. I was happy to get the 2nd round pick with him, not happy with the acquisition of him, at all. And the fact our dumb coach put him with our 2 best players says a lot about our coaches talent evaluation.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
DeBrincat-Hagel-Kane
Kubalik-Toews-Kurashev
Borgstrom-Strome-Dach (why'd this line get broken up in the first place?)
Gaudette-Entwistle-Carpenter

Khaira and Johnson can sit after last game
Johnson had decent Corsi numbers last year. Until a trend is established he should play above any of the plugs on the fourth line.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Entwistle didn't stand out to me at all in the opener...as Q would say, he was 'fine', but if he's not going to be able to chip in offensively then he needs to bring some physical elements to the team like Stillman did...same with Khaira

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovi and BobbyJet

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Entwistle didn't stand out to me at all in the opener...as Q would say, he was 'fine', but if he's not going to be able to chip in offensively then he needs to bring some physical elements to the team like Stillman did
No question in my mind that Entwistle needs to get his nose dirty to stick with the club.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No question in my mind that Entwistle needs to get his nose dirty to stick with the club.

would put the entire 4th line in that camp, need more from Khaira and Carpenter as well...don't bleed chances and impact the game in other ways...was more impressed with Reese Johnson debut than Entwistle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad