Line Combos: 21-22' Roster Discussion Thread

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Power play is about to go 100%
IMG_5235.GIF

I think they have those numbers mixed up. The PP unit listed second is clearly the top PP unit.

Reactions: WarLax

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
I think they have those numbers mixed up. The PP unit listed second is clearly the top PP unit.

I believe last year Kaner mentioned toward the beginning of the year that having competition between the PP units (when they were scoring....) was good for their intensity.

With Cat and Jones being on PP2, should these units stick, I hope they strive to split time evenly between the two. PP1 doesn't even have a "shooter" on it.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I believe last year Kaner mentioned toward the beginning of the year that having competition between the PP units (when they were scoring....) was good for their intensity.

With Cat and Jones being on PP2, should these units stick, I hope they strive to split time evenly between the two. PP1 doesn't even have a "shooter" on it.

PP1 is absolute clownshoes, and if that's the first unit over the boards, King is an even worse coach than I thought. They have a single right-handed shot.... lol

Last edited:

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
PP1 is absolute clownshoes, and if that's the first unit over the boards, King is an even worse coach than I thought. They have a single right-handed shot.... lol

And unit 2 technically has 3 shooters with Cat, Jones and Kubalik.

I guess Gus could be considered the shooter on PP1. It'd be nice if he recaptured a bit of his 60 point season magic.

PP1's right hand shot (Dach) will likely just be used as a screen that potentially bangs away at any rebounds.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016

Given how bad we are I'm really not sure why the Hawks are eager to sell low on Borgstrom, if this report is true.

Unless they want to make room for Reichel and Nylander by moving both Strome and Borg.

I kinda like Borg though, he seems to have decent vision and isn't completely averse to shooting the puck. Give him a better opportunity before you boot him for a BS late pick IMO.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Given how bad we are I'm really not sure why the Hawks are eager to sell low on Borgstrom, if this report is true.

Unless they want to make room for Reichel and Nylander by moving both Strome and Borg.

I kinda like Borg though, he seems to have decent vision and isn't completely averse to shooting the puck. Give him a better opportunity before you boot him for a BS late pick IMO.

I’m okay with it honestly. Start getting rid of Bowman’s trash and start building a new identity slowly but surely.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think it would be silly to trade Borgstrom. What could his value possibly be? Hawks don't exactly have a ton of depth at center...

Strome? See ya.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
How do you replace a guy who can't hit the net and is just sorta there? I would have waived Borgstrom over Gaudette. Another FANTASTIC Bowman trade.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds like the Sharks will eat half of the Evander Kane's deal. Strome for 50% Kane? He would provide some scoring and is a physical player that is very skilled. Personally I think Kane on the other side of Patrick Kane would be a good fit.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sounds like the Sharks will eat half of the Evander Kane's deal. Strome for 50% Kane? He would provide some scoring and is a physical player that is very skilled. Personally, I think Kane on the other side of Patrick Kane would be a good fit.
Unfortunately, from the business perspective ....because of the "optics" of bringing in Evander after the sex scandal it is very unlikely to happen.
Hawks could certainly use his services.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Sounds like the Sharks will eat half of the Evander Kane's deal. Strome for 50% Kane? He would provide some scoring and is a physical player that is very skilled. Personally I think Kane on the other side of Patrick Kane would be a good fit.
Done

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
re Evander Kane

would like the skill level however the guy is a problem in the locker room and he is a wingnut

not sure that would be a great public relations move for the Hawks

pass for me

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Big fat no thank you for Evander Kane. Way too much going on off the ice and if he lives here in Chicago he won’t be able to control himself. There’s just way too much fun to have here and he hasn’t proven he can handle it.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
Got rid of Keith yet this still is a looming issue

Ehhhh.....the math on that seems pretty dubious at best.

Just hypothetically throwing out 50 shot attempts a game, the difference is only 4 shots a game between us (last) and Boston (first) being unblocked.

And in those 4 shots you have other outcomes too, aka a save, a goal, missing the net, probably others.

I don't know how many shots equates to an average goal, but if we assume an average shooting percentage of 9.46% for a team (googled it), then the overall impact of those 4 shots...when also accounting for all the other various outcomes....meh.

Kind of like faceoffs, I imagine the actual impact of this kind of stat on the outcome of a game to be nearly infinitesimal.

Obviously sucks to be last, but at least Colorado, Edmonton (keith being that double agent!), Carolina, and Vegas suck too!

Reactions: d rake

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Mitchell’s last chance to show he is an NHL caliber D man. I wish they brought up Regula instead or Phillips.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Ehhhh.....the math on that seems pretty dubious at best.

Just hypothetically throwing out 50 shot attempts a game, the difference is only 4 shots a game between us (last) and Boston (first) being unblocked.

And in those 4 shots you have other outcomes too, aka a save, a goal, missing the net, probably others.

I don't know how many shots equates to an average goal, but if we assume an average shooting percentage of 9.46% for a team (googled it), then the overall impact of those 4 shots...when also accounting for all the other various outcomes....meh.

Kind of like faceoffs, I imagine the actual impact of this kind of stat on the outcome of a game to be nearly infinitesimal.

Obviously sucks to be last, but at least Colorado, Edmonton (keith being that double agent!), Carolina, and Vegas suck too!
This stat is made worse by the fact that Hawks chronically overpass which makes every shot attempt more important than it is to teams that shoot way more often.
It certainly is one explanation for the lack of production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad