Marco Rossi

others:

Ville Heinola
Vitali Kravtsov
PO Jospeh
Alex Formenton
Filip Gustavsson
Jeremy Swayman

I'm trying to imagine Boldy, Lundell, and Seider not making the NHL this year and I just can't. They have a much better shot of being in the league than Nick Robertson does.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bob is not better than people think which is why Knight is going to take the starter's job this season. Personally, I like Caufield. I think he'll score 30+ goals next season.

Yes he is. He's an average goalie, not the terrible goalie everyone thinks he is. Actually, the Panthers wouldn't have gotten a lot of points last season if not for Bob. Knight won't take over the starter load next season, and if he does he's winning the Calder because that would mean he had one heck of a season.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kravtsov will play top 6 next season on either Panarin or Zibanejad’s line with Buchnevich being traded.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
starting with the Calder candidates:

Cole Caufield
Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Bowen Byram
Alex Newhook
Shane Pinto
Nick Robertson
Spencer Knight

Will they make the team:

Moritz Seider
Quinton Byfield
Anton Lundell
Lucas Raymond
Alex Turcotte
Matthew Boldy
Nils Lundqvist
Cole Perfetti
Marco Rossi

others:

Ville Heinola
Evan Bouchard
Vitali Kravtsov
PO Jospeh
Alex Formenton
Filip Gustavsson
Jeremy Swayman
Moritz Seider is absolutely making the team.

Lucas Raymond is likely not.

Jonatan Berggren is a darkhorse - one of the SHLs top scorers last season, dynamic offensive winger who could be a major powerplay guy for Detroit, IF he makes the team.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I’m very excited to see if Moritz plays in the NHL this year, I remember he was a huge off-the-board selection in his draft. Looks like he’s been developing quite well.
Pretty sure he's already penciled in at the very least top 4. Primed to be our #1 dman by end of season if he keeps doing what he's doing. There has been tons of hype around Makar, Hughes etc. Mo is looking like a modern day Pronger. May not put up the points like those guys but he's a true defender with a mean streak

Reactions: Joe Sakic

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Kaliyev and Boldy might make some noise in LA.

It's not ludicrous to think that Kaliyev could possibly score more goals that Caulfield.

For the Canucks, I think Podkolzin makes it to the top 10 in Calder voting.

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Nedeljkovic is still eligible, right? He checks all the boxes, so far as I can tell.

He doesn't turn 26 until January 2022.

He only played in 23 games last year, and 4 the year before that, which puts him under the 25 games in one season, or more than 6 in each of the previous 2 seasons.

Reactions: CanesUltimate11

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Not sure about Nedeljkovic - he was nominated last year so I assume he's done. Bouchard is ineligible.

It seems every year someone steps up to be nominated we didn't see coming - J. Robertson, Kubalik, Binnigton, Palat, Nedeljkovic, T. Hunter, etc. The winner is usually always predictable. Top Tier talent always seems to win. It would appear easy to put a bet down on Zegras, Drysdale, or Caufield and chances are one of them will win. They are obviously primed. Similar to Kaprizov this year.

But I think this time is a bit different. Lot's of interrupted development, player movement, a new franchise, less familiar European, minor and junior league players and reversed division alignments all play into unpredictability.

We will see. Its really hard to say - so many great candidates.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Nedeljkovic is still eligible, right? He checks all the boxes, so far as I can tell.

He doesn't turn 26 until January 2022.

He only played in 23 games last year, and 4 the year before that, which puts him under the 25 games in one season, or more than 6 in each of the previous 2 seasons.

that's an interesting one I wouldn't have thought of

seems like he would be unless there's some obscure rule I can't find about not being able to get votes in more than one year or the game threshold being less because it wasn't a full season

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Feb 19, 2018
starting with the Calder candidates:

Cole Caufield
Trevor Zegras
Moritz Seider
Jamie Drysdale
Bowen Byram
Alex Newhook
Shane Pinto
Nick Robertson
Spencer Knight
Matthew Boldy

Will they make the team:

Quinton Byfield
Anton Lundell
Lucas Raymond
Alex Turcotte
Nils Lundqvist
Cole Perfetti
Marco Rossi

others:

Ville Heinola
Vitali Kravtsov
PO Jospeh
Alex Formenton
Filip Gustavsson
Jeremy Swayman
Vasili Podkolzin

Reactions: flying v 604

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Don't think have been mentioned but viable:
Denisenko
V.Soderstrom
Power
C.York
C.McMichael

My Best-Carey

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If CC is playing with Suzuki and Toffoli, he's probably good for 60 points or more.

If CC is playing with Hoffmsn and Suzuki, they will be busy fishing pucks out of their own net because they will be playing 4 man in their own zone.

I HATE the Hoffman signing.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Vasili Podkolzin
He's the most complete rookie forward who will be getting some favourable matches on the third line with Hogs behind a very good top six. He should be on the PP as well as the PK. I think he has a shot but regardless he will be loved big time in this province.
Gonna be a lot of Podz unis sold

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Canucks don’t have a top Calder candidate.
But it will be interesting to see if Podzolkin can keep the teams 4 straight top 10 Calder finishes streak intact. He’s not going to get the flashy numbers but he looks like he’ll be in the top 9 to start and already plays a mature two way game.
Rathbone on D is another rookie that will likely start in a sheltered role but may have a chance to move up on a pretty weak D.

I like both of them but for Calder it's going to be the forward that gets the most PP time and plays with the best players.

Assuming health my bet is with Rossi from Minny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad