21-22 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
We still have people complaining about the Panarin trade how many years later? Good luck.

To that point I still hate that we gave away Karl Dykhuis for no god damn good reason

He was looking good in brief time with Hawks and was progressing well.. They picked up scrubs like Greg Smythe that blocked him from NHL for no good reason and then in 95 they traded him to Flyers who immediately knew they had a good player for jack shit (I would have to look it up but it was some scrub bust of the Flyers if I remember)

Then not long after giving away Dykhuis they trade for Gerald Diduck who was out of here after playoffs since Wirtz didn't want to sign him as FA

I hated seeing bums like Neil Wilkinson , Greg Smythe and Cam Russell play hockey (Wilkinson especially was a worthless acquisition).. Dykhuis should have been playing

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Connor Murphy he reminds quite a bit of Neil Wilkinson. I liked Karl Dykhuis a lot but I think he was rushed.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Murphy is far better then Wilkinson

Wilkinson was a bum

Wilkinson does have the most 90's hockey card ever though

Neil-Wilkinson.jpg

Tell me that doesn't capture the early 90's transition from 80's well

Put on some Go West "King of Wishful Thinking" on your walkman while roller blading and it certainly would feel your back in early 90's

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
To :hawks
LW Zemgus Girgensons (Signed 2 yrs at $2M , UFA in summer of 2023)

To :sabres
C/W Dylan Strome (Signed 1 yr at $3M , RFA in summer of 2022)

Hawks get a physical 4th line LW who can PK while Sabres bring in a low risk/high reward Strome for a lineup that is likely to see major changes (Eichel , etc gone)

Bowman was high on Girgensons at draft but he has never developed into player he was expected to be he has been a solid bottom 6 winger with physical game and who can PK

I'd rather trade Strome for a 3rd round DP rather than pick up a completely replaceable ZG. Bowman's opinion of ZG at the draft isn't really relevant when that was like 10 years ago.

Reactions: Giovi

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So thoughts on goaltending?

Do you go with Subban (Sucks) and Delia (So up and down) or bring in a vet to pair with Lankinen for year?

We know the Euro we signed wont be NHL ready and will likely spend most of year or all of year in AHL

If Hawks do bring in someone that means likely one of Subban or Delia needs to go or else we end up putting one of them in ECHL

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Do you go with Subban (Sucks) and Delia (So up and down) or bring in a vet to pair with Lankinen for year?

We know the Euro we signed wont be NHL ready and will likely spend most of year or all of year in AHL

If Hawks do bring in someone that means likely one of Subban or Delia needs to go or else we end up putting one of them in ECHL

I think we roll with exactly what we did this season. It lets Bowman see if he has anything worthwhile in Lankinen/Delia/Subban and if they’re not good enough it passively gives Bowman an excuse for the Hawks being awful again

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

My first reaction was bring in a vet. Give KL the chance to take command of the starters role but have a vet as backup in case it needs to be more of a 50/50 split.

Then I went and looked at the options available. I don’t see a single guy I’d be interested in. Maybe Brian Elliot? Hate how injury prone he seems to be, though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It lets Bowman see if he has anything worthwhile in Lankinen/Delia/Subban and if they’re not good enough it passively gives Bowman an excuse for the Hawks being awful again

We have seen enough of Subban to know he is what he is a crappy goalie

Delia may get look but his play has been pretty bad overall since the first few good games he had in 18-19 before fading badly

Lankinen is ? ,, Is he the guy who was strong 1st half of year or guy who was struggling 2nd half of year

My first reaction was bring in a vet. Give KL the chance to take command of the starters role but have a vet as backup in case it needs to be more of a 50/50 split.

Then I went and looked at the options available. I don’t see a single guy I’d be interested in. Maybe Brian Elliot? Hate how injury prone he seems to be, though.

There are some decent UFA options out there

Jonathan Bernier (9-11 with 2.99 GAA and .914 sv pct for Wings)
Linus Ullmark (9-6 with 2.63 GAA and .917 sv pct for Sabres)

Petr Mrazek (6-2-3 with 2.06 GAA and .923 sv pct)
Jaroslav Halak (9-6-2 with 2.53 GAA and .905 sv pct)

Bolded are guys who would be great pickups to potentially push Lankinen for #1 job

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I would like any of those UFA options if our goal is to try and win. If we are trying to rebuild go with Subban/Delia again.

Reactions: Pertti

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
We need a backup that can take the burden off lankinen. He was overworked clearly burned out in the second half.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
What are we comfortable paying him?

Ullmark definitely had a really high "degree of difficulty" in Buffalo, and he's relatively young, so someone might be willing to overpay for him (like FLA/CAR/BUF did with Reimer/Darling/Hutton respectively). I think it's possible that a team will project Ullmark as a #1, so he's likely going to make more than we expect.

To me - it's more of a term issue than AAV issue.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Ullmark at 3 year for 10 million would be good by me. I suspect someone will give him 4 years and 16 million (or worse) which I would pass on.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
pretty interesting to see all the 1st rounders on the hawks this year. Bowman has a type.

1st rounders

Toews-3rd overall
Kane- 1st overall
Brett Connolly-6th overall
Calvin DeHaan-12th overall
Connor Murphy-20th overall
Malcolm Subban-24th overall
Nikida Zadorov- 16th overall
Dylan Strome- 3rd overall
Alex Nylander- 8th overall
Henrik Borgstrom-23rd overall
Adam Boqvist- 8th overall
Nicolas Beaudin-27th overall
Kirby Dach- 3rd overall
Lukas Reichel- 17th overall
John Quenneville-30th overall

*i dont know if this is different that any other roster just thought it was a lot when i looked.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Just watched a mock draft that had Chicago trading the 11th pick to Edmonton for 19th, Caleb Jones and a 3rd in 2022. Edmonton takes Cossa at 11 and Hawks get Sillinger at 19. Not enough to move down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad