21-22 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
What course? The “too bad to win anything but too good to land a lottery pick” phase we’ve been stuck in for 5 years while wasting away the remainder of Kanes career? We aren’t getting anywhere with this current “plan”. So let’s make a move. We need a #1D.

If Hamilton is your 1D you aren’t winning anything. Not with this current d core.

I’m not even sure I’d say Hamilton is a 1D. That’s a stretch.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I liked Schmidt with Vegas. Didn’t see much of him last year. Why would Van move him?

I’d do the rest of that deal even without Schmidt.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point when it comes to Strome if he is here next year then he needs to either be at C and we accept his flaws and tell him to play to his strengths (And provide him capable wingers) or we put him at W fulltime

No more flipping and flopping

Same with Suter you either accept his flaws at C and keep him there or you put him at W and keep him there

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
If Bowman wanted to tear down team to the wood Kane is easily traded with retention and Toews (with retention) would be welcomed in Vegas after watching their centers play.
Both Toronto and Vegas are desperate to win now so Stan should be on the phone to reboot this team properly.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Yeah that is not happening and players NMC would also not make it so easy

Also as of now none of the big 3 have expressed a desire to be traded
Just a thought I love both guys and Keith . Toews seems to be dissatisfied with a rebuild so could be an option.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yep! He’s who I would have circled next summer.

That’s a guy you pay big $ when your roster is ready.

Depends on what happens with Toews and Dach. If Toews returns and Dach takes that next step towards becoming a star…then we’re still a team that needs a #1D much more than another 1C.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
At this point when it comes to Strome if he is here next year then he needs to either be at C and we accept his flaws and tell him to play to his strengths (And provide him capable wingers) or we put him at W fulltime

No more flipping and flopping

Same with Suter you either accept his flaws at C and keep him there or you put him at W and keep him there

Agree. When it comes to pay, they both need to accept third-liner pay, but each need to play a supporting role to a good and skilled linemate in order to be effective.

Guys like them have value, but that value isn’t realized when they’re the best player on the line.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Depends on what happens with Toews and Dach. If Toews returns and Dach takes that next step towards becoming a star…then we’re still a team that needs a #1D much more than another 1C.
Its a huge if, but if toews comes back and is effective and dach takes that step, having toews at 2c would be incredible. Not sure the hawks have the wingers to support that kind of lineup though.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Canucks say no easily
They need contracts to Petterson and Hughes. They have 15m free cap and 15 contracts. So that would mean bridge contracts for both, not bad idea but...

I liked Schmidt with Vegas. Didn’t see much of him last year. Why would Van move him?

I’d do the rest of that deal even without Schmidt.
Bolded agreed. Just moving Eriksson might not be enough for 8 year contracts for Hughes and Petterson.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I was reading the Oilers board, and somebody brought up trading for Strome and sending Koskinen to the Hawks.

Now Koskinen largely sucks, but he’s only got 1 year left @4.5 million. Would you do that trade if the Oilers included their first? Would you ask for retention?

Reactions: Pertti

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I was reading the Oilers board, and somebody brought up trading for Strome and sending Koskinen to the Hawks.

Now Koskinen largely sucks, but he’s only got 1 year left @4.5 million. Would you do that trade if the Oilers included their first? Would you ask for retention?

Look at what we got for 2.5 years of Connolly at 3.5M.

You trust Bowman to actually get a good pick or prospect for a cap dump?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To :hawks
LW Zemgus Girgensons (Signed 2 yrs at $2M , UFA in summer of 2023)

To :sabres
C/W Dylan Strome (Signed 1 yr at $3M , RFA in summer of 2022)

Hawks get a physical 4th line LW who can PK while Sabres bring in a low risk/high reward Strome for a lineup that is likely to see major changes (Eichel , etc gone)

Bowman was high on Girgensons at draft but he has never developed into player he was expected to be he has been a solid bottom 6 winger with physical game and who can PK

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Nucks wanting to make moves but being a bit tight with cap would taking on Holtby for price of Nucks 2nd + 3rd be something Hawks should pursue? We can probably send them Subban back in deal for contract/contract swap (Since Hawks already have 4 goalies under contract)

We need a vet #2 IMO and Holtby has just 1 yr left at 4.1M

Hawks have no 3rd round pick this draft so adding a 2nd + 3rd would be solid value taking on Holtby contract thus giving Nucks cap relief

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Look at what we got for 2.5 years of Connolly at 3.5M.

You trust Bowman to actually get a good pick or prospect for a cap dump?
Okay you and BWC need to simmer down. Are you really going to cry about one move for the whole summer?

It’s a thread to discuss potential moves even if none of them ever happen. I really don’t need to hear how much you hated Stan’s last trade.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think the 1st is too much. Would I do it for a 2nd or a good potential piece say, Strome at 50% so 1.5 for 4.5 of K.

Saves them 3 mil to maybe re-sign Larson or Nuge and gives them a center piece with player connections

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Just throwing this out there;

I have a feeling you are gonna see players abandoning this city with the crap that's about to be thrown after the Cup finals.

Just sayin

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Ah, friendship....the very best of reasons to make a trade.

Edited to make the opinion more clear.

they want connor to be happy...if strome is on market for cheap and they want a RNH replacement for half the cost then it makes a ton of sense for Edmonton to acquire Strome...he has one year on contract so if it doesnt pan out then they can trade his rights and if it does they can extend him

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Okay you and BWC need to simmer down. Are you really going to cry about one move for the whole summer?

It’s a thread to discuss potential moves even if none of them ever happen. I really don’t need to hear how much you hated Stan’s last trade.

We still have people complaining about the Panarin trade how many years later? Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad