21-22 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
While we're talking about Dach, the players that I see in his game are the following:
Monahan, Couturier, and Scheifele.

Speaking of Monahan, he's a UFA after next season and I didn't realize how good he is and I'd totally consider him as an addition.

Last edited:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
While we're talking about Dach, the players that I see in his game are the following:
Monahan, Couturier, and Scheifele.

Speaking of Monahan, he's a UFA after next season and I didn't realize how good he is and I'd totally consider him as an addition.
Monahan is garbage. Soft, completely ineffective without Gaudreau. Not a guy you want to build around in any capacity and certainly not a guy who will ever help you win.

You need to stop stat watching and take a trip to some other boards and see what they’re actually saying about players. Or watch a game other than the Hawks.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Monahan is garbage. Soft, completely ineffective without Gaudreau. Not a guy you want to build around in any capacity and certainly not a guy who will ever help you win.

You need to stop stat watching and take a trip to some other boards and see what they’re actually saying about players. Or watch a game other than the Hawks.
I watch other games.

Have you ever been on the main boards? It's a cesspool of stupid.
I'm not sure I trust other teams' fans.

But I did go over there and read that thread and it sounds like Hawks fans talking about Strome when Strome was actually producing.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Accurate.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I watch other games.

Have you ever been on the main boards? It's a cesspool of stupid.
I'm not sure I trust other teams' fans.
You mean the guys who actually watch every game and can see the major flaws in their players?

So if someone like you who was a Rangers fan, came here and said Dylan Strome was actually good, would his opinion hold water because he shouldn’t trust us Hawks fans who watch the majority of the games?

You’re not making much sense here.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You mean the guys who actually watch every game and can see the major flaws in their players?

So if someone like you who was a Rangers fan, came here and said Dylan Strome was actually good, would his opinion hold water because he shouldn’t trust us Hawks fans who watch the majority of the games?

You’re not making much sense here.
Dylan Strome is actually good....when he tries, which hasn't been for a while now.
Idk, maybe we as fans underrate how hard it is to produce offense and don't appreciate soft scorers enough.

All I have to do is go to the main board in a Toews thread and I can't take anyone seriously anymore.
Maybe it's because we watched him every game that we appreciate Toews more, idk.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Dylan Strome is actually good....when he tries, which hasn't been for a while now.
Idk, maybe we as fans underrate how hard it is to produce offense and don't appreciate soft scorers enough.

All I have to do is go to the main board in a Toews thread and I can't take anyone seriously anymore.
Maybe it's because we watched him every game that we appreciate Toews more, idk.
Problem is, you are going to the main board. Go to the teams message board, and you will get the opinion of fans who watch their own team far more than other teams.

The problem with the main board is they just shoot opinions out, and watch the players or teams a couple times a year (if that) to form their opinion.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Eichel is 24, Dach is 20. You don't know that yet. Too early to say for sure. Young players tend to overpass, defer to vets, etc. It was a huge problem with Kane early in his career. What separates the HOFers from the very good players is how quickly they get to their peak.

You're probably right, but you can never say never.

Do I expect Dach to ever be as good as Eichel? No. Is it impossible? No.

We don't know that Dach, who hasn't produced at an elite level anywhere, doesn't think the game at the same level as Eichel, who has been a dominant player at every stage of his career?

Dude, Kane led the team in scoring and popped 72 points as a rookie. He was 5'10" and what? 160 pounds? Kane early in his career was hesitant to shoot but he was always making plays. He was always creating chances. Why are you even bringing him up when talking about Dach?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I like Dach a lot, and I think he will be a really good player, but this continued overhyping of him is going to lead to people (mostly KBS) being totally disappointed and calling for a trade within a year

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We don't know that Dach, who hasn't produced at an elite level anywhere, doesn't think the game at the same level as Eichel, who has been a dominant player at every stage of his career?

Dude, Kane led the team in scoring and popped 72 points as a rookie. He was 5'10" and what? 160 pounds? Kane early in his career was hesitant to shoot but he was always making plays. He was always creating chances. Why are you even bringing him up when talking about Dach?
Because when I watch Dach I see that level of special, even if he(or his teammates) aren't finishing as much as we'd like him to. Also, remember the quality of teammates Kane had around him during his rookie year. They were Western Conference runners up in his second season.

The big thing about Dach that makes me so excited about him is his ability to walk defenders, even if he's not finishing right away.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I like Dach a lot, and I think he will be a really good player, but this continued overhyping of him is going to lead to people (mostly KBS) being totally disappointed and calling for a trade within a year

Nope, my expectations are completely grounded. I don't expect Dach to ever be more than a 60-75 pt guy, but he could be so much more than that. Not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible.

I'm just excited to watch him develop with the Hawks.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Because when I watch Dach I see that level of special, even if he(or his teammates) aren't finishing as much as we'd like him to. Also, remember the quality of teammates Kane had around him during his rookie year. They were Western Conference runners up in his second season.

What are you seeing? He's not creating a ton a chances. A lot of the time, honestly, he looks like he's just surviving. He gets knocked around a lot. He's got some good wheels for his size and he has good hands but in terms of putting his tools together and doing something with them in the NHL, he hasn't shown much of anything. And just to clarify, I'm not down on Dach. I think he'll be a good player. But he's not Jack Eichel. He'll never be as good as Jack Eichel. He's certainly not Kane.

As to the bolded: Dach has played long stretches with Kane and DeBrincat. Quality of linemates isn't really an issue for him.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Nope, my expectations are completely grounded. I don't expect Dach to ever be more than a 60-75 pt guy, but he could be so much more than that. Not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible.

This is like saying Ian Mitchell could be as good as Makar. Am I saying it's going to happen? No but it could! It could bc anything is possible! Players develop differently. Who knows?! We can't say for sure!

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

You’re comparing Dach to Eichel and Kane, your expectations are far from grounded.

If Dach hits that level, I’ll be thrilled. But I’m not expecting him to, and it’s not how I’ll measure whether he’s successful.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
For anyone wanting Eichel, forget about it. The Hawks can’t come closing to matching what a team like the Rangers might offer.

3 1sts plus Kakko plus Nils Lundkvist? Yeah it’s not happening. Never mind the fact we need defensemen way more than centre. Let’s get our priorities straight.

Reactions: Muffinalt

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
For anyone wanting Eichel, forget about it. The Hawks can’t come closing to matching what a team like the Rangers might offer.

3 1sts plus Kakko plus Nils Lundkvist? Yeah it’s not happening. Never mind the fact we need defensemen way more than centre. Let’s get our priorities straight.

A team in CHIs position should never trade for Eichel anyways. What's the hope? Eichel isn't the difference between us being good or not. Assuming Toews comes back, him and Kane are going to continue to decline (even though Kane hasn't really declined much at all yet). You give up a bunch of 1st round picks for Eichel and there's a good chance some of those are going to be top-10 picks. Maybe lottery picks. It makes way more sense for a team like the Rangers to trade for him bc that probably makes them a consistent playoff team again, so you're not as worried about the picks.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
FYI
When they reset the Central(I believe they will be) the Hawks will be in tough...not one of th bottom 10 teams, 11 if you include expansion Seattle are in the Central

This years points totals
1. Colorado 76pts, 5th overall
2. Minnesota 75pts, 7th
3. Nashville 62pts, 13th
4. Winnipeg 59pts, 15th
5. Dallas 58pts, 16th
6. St. Louis 57pts, 17th
7. CHICAGO 54PTS, 20th
8. Arizona 54PTS, 21st just fired their coach

Five outta the eight have made this years playoffs...Hawks look to have tougher job next season

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Am I the only one who thinks Eichel is overrated?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
No I’ll agree with you on that one. Supremely talented, but I question his heart.

Comes across as a bit entitled to me too. Read an interesting article a few weeks ago about how Buffalo ruined his development by making him the captain too soon into his career.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Comes across as a bit entitled to me too. Read an interesting article a few weeks ago about how Buffalo ruined his development by making him the captain too soon into his career.
It's dangerous to appoint a young captain.

Obviously it can work (Crosby, Toews, McDavid) but most players that age can't handle the responsibility.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You’re comparing Dach to Eichel and Kane, your expectations are far from grounded.

If Dach hits that level, I’ll be thrilled. But I’m not expecting him to, and it’s not how I’ll measure whether he’s successful.

Like I said, My expectations are somewhere around Couturier or Scheifele. and to be honest, I don't even know if he'll get there. But I think that there's like a 10% chance that he's an absolute superstar.
I feel fairly confident Dach can get to 60+ pts. It's beyond that the question lies.

Toews only scored 70 3 times in his career, so if Dach can play Selke level D then he's in good shape for replacing Toews.

He can do things on the ice that only the true superstars can do. It's really a shame Dach got injured this year because I think he'd have exploded. It's been a very long time since I've seen a 6-4 forward with hands and skating like Dach. He walks defenders like it's nobody's business. That's why I'm so high on him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad