GDT: #21 – Sabres at Capitals – Fri Nov 25, 5:00PM ET – MSG-B

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I thought he played well. The simple fact he can stop pucks in a shoot out makes me want to keep starting him until he gives me a reason not to.

Yeah, I think he could've done a better job controlling the rebound on the final goal but OTOH, overplaying an ovechkin one timer from in close is understandable. I thought Nilsson played well, made quite a few key saves and kept the sabres in it

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm just going to blame Bylsma for everything from now on, so much easier.

Both the players and the coaching staff must be held accountable for the play of the team. I think that's something most who post here would agree on.

The problem as I see it is that the coach seems to only hold certain select players accountable. And few (esp. in the media) seem to hold the coach accountable for much of anything.

In my opinion, this board provides more balance on this topic than either of the 2 sources mentioned above.

Got a midget game to go coach now to so any missiles sent in my direction will just be killing null electrons......

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm still going to blame the coach, but O'Reilly and Okposo had point blank opportunities and nothing. They have to bury these. Okposo has had multiple games with point blank chances and nothing.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'm still going to blame the coach, but O'Reilly and Okposo had point blank opportunities and nothing. They have to bury these. Okposo has had multiple games with point blank chances and nothing.

The team's been hella snakebitten, they pucks are bound to start going in at some point

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Girgs got roasted by byslma

“A lot of that is puck play,†Bylsma said. “Last game in the first period, he had three, four hits for us and was working hard in that area. Just a lot of his puck play and puck decision has to improve for him to be an effective offensive player.

[Tweet]802320188766945280[/MEDIA]

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
What are we looking at at? 1 week maybe 2 before Eichel is back? My god it can't come soon enough.

It's amazing to me that an NHL team can average less than 2 goals a game for over a quarter of the season.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
What are we looking at at? 1 week maybe 2 before Eichel is back? My god it can't come soon enough.

It's amazing to me that an NHL team can average less than 2 goals a game for over a quarter of the season.

I'll be shocked if he isn't back by the Rangers game next week.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Girgs got roasted by byslma

“A lot of that is puck play,†Bylsma said. “Last game in the first period, he had three, four hits for us and was working hard in that area. Just a lot of his puck play and puck decision has to improve for him to be an effective offensive player.

[Tweet]802320188766945280[/MEDIA]

**** Bylsma, Girgs is not going to be an effective offensive player if he's never given a chance to be one

AlsPug

Nov 1, 2011
Really really disapointed.... Our only NHLer gets screwed... Is Girgs not kissing Bysmals ass enough or what is the problem?

Is it a plan by GMTM and Bysmal to drive Girgs price down as he needs to resign next year?

Only 9 mins TOI....

AlsPug

Nov 1, 2011
**** Bylsma, Girgs is not going to be an effective offensive player if he's never given a chance to be one

Another version is Bysmal does not know how to use him and he screwes with Girgs mind every time he does a little mistake by asking new things every time... And some1 has to be a punching bag...

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Really really disapointed.... Our only NHLer gets screwed... Is Girgs not kissing Bysmals ass enough or what is the problem?

Is it a plan by GMTM and Bysmal to drive Girgs price down as he needs to resign next year?

Only 9 mins TOI....

Dude came into the worst possible situation for a young player when he entered the NHL and Bylsma has not tried to help him at all. He just doesn't seem to care about Girgs' development.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY

Only 9 mins TOI....

:laugh:

yeah, you're not a Girgs/Latvian homer or anything.

"Bysmal"

that's cute

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Dude came into the worst possible situation for a young player when he entered the NHL and Bylsma has not tried to help him at all. He just doesn't seem to care about Girgs' development.

Or he's just not playing well?

And I have to admit, I'm ready for Kane to be gone. High energy or not, he just makes too many dumb decisions. I swear the first 4 options going through his mind when he gets the puck are, shoot, shoot, shoot, or shoot. I think I had it when Kane had Girgensons driving to the net, so Kane fired a wrist shot into the goalie's chest. Hey, at least it's good for his corsi rating.

I also think this team must use the goalie's chest as a target in practice drills.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Or he's just not playing well?

And I have to admit, I'm ready for Kane to be gone. High energy or not, he just makes too many dumb decisions. I swear the first 4 options going through his mind when he gets the puck are, shoot, shoot, shoot, or shoot. I think I had it when Kane had Girgensons driving to the net, so Kane fired a wrist shot into the goalie's chest. Hey, at least it's good for his corsi rating.

I also think this team must use the goalie's chest as a target in practice drills.

I don't know what you expect from him when he's stuck playing with scrubs most of the time and never gets consistent linemates. He always gets it done defensively and when he was put in a good position to contribute offensively he did.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Just European? ;)

Complaints about Bylsma's disregard of development have been thrown around here for as long as he's been the coach. Why do some people hold Girgensons to a different standard than the rest of the team? (Bylsma included)

And sorry, "European" barely has any meaning to me

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Something else I saw that's an issue (albeit one we've discussed already, but this time from a slightly different angle): Gorges' effect on Risto, and the fact that Risto needed a new D partner yesterday. Too bad about all the injuries...
More specifically, in my viewing, there were multiple times this game where Risto could've/should've dished to Gorges to relieve pressure in his own end, but didn't because, IMO, he figured Gorges would either (a) mishandle the puck and lose it or (b) make a poor decision and turn it over that way. Risto trying to do it all by himself in these instances sometimes backfired and resulted in delayed zone exits or turnovers, but it's hard to blame him for not trusting his tire fire of a partner.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

The Sabres, as a team, have scored 23 even strength goals this year.

Michael Grabner has scored 12 even strength goals by himself.

**** this roster (though we've also been hit pretty hard by injuries, obviously) and Bylsma. It's not a one or the other problem. The roster has limited strengths, and is hurt further by poor coaching.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
yC3iWjW.png

Disgusting. The Rangers have 47 more goals than us. 1.81 Goals per game, the next worst is not even close at 2.20 GPG. Something needs to change, its painful to watch this team play.

We had a 1.83 GPG 2 years ago during our worst year as a Franchise. (51 pts) There are no excuses, it's absolutely pathetic.

AlsPug

Nov 1, 2011
Meh, Bylsma's bad usage of Girgs has no impact on girgs poor puck and board work.

How else can you get any confidence going?

After those flashy plays by Girgs he mentioned it himself that he can do it, he just needs confidence. If your coach punishes you for every little mistake, despite working hard in practices, you cant expect a person to gain from that.

Just my two cents... and, ofc, i am biased. ;)

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Disgusting. The Rangers have 47 more goals than us. 1.81 Goals per game, the next worst is not even close at 2.20 GPG. Something needs to change, its painful to watch this team play.

We had a 1.83 GPG 2 years ago during our worst year as a Franchise. (51 pts) There are no excuses, it's absolutely pathetic.

47 more goals after just 21 games. It's so pathetic it's hilarious.

The thing is, yeah there are a bunch of AHL players on the roster right now, but there are also NHL players. Good ones. The lack of offense is inexcusable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad