GDT: #21 – Sabres at Capitals – Fri Nov 25, 5:00PM ET – MSG-B

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Bylsma has done a fine job this year. If some of the guys would bare down we would actually score goals, that's not his fault.

It's legitimate to give Blysma a pass given the injuries to the roster. However, his conservative tendencies - implemented via his game plans -are also a reason that the Sabres are so poor offensively.. There's really no consistent 2nd wave attack from the D and his frequent use of a passive 1 -2 -2 forecheck allows teams with speed and skills exploit the Sabres defensive deficiencies.

He is not an innovative coach in my opinion.

And ..........here comes another too many men penalty (most the time, those penalties are on the coach....)

And another Washington goal on the power play.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I don't love what he's done, but he is the reason for every failure like some think.
He's playing a 30 year old career AHLer as his third line center, has mismanaged lines and icetime throughout the season and hasn't made a single change unique to 85-90% of the coaching pool.

The job he's done is indefensible.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
They've scored 18 goals in 14 games this month. Even with all the injuries this team is better than the tank team and scoring at a lower pace. Fire Bylsma.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The pressure on Eichel to carry the offense upon his return will be ridiculous.

Agree! And Jack is going to be hampered by the lingering effects of the injury. I expect his skating acceleration to be lacking and really don't expect to see it back to near normal until late in the season or next.

Just wait for all the complaints about Eichel around here when he doesn't have that same 5th gear like he had last season.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Baptiste now with 10 goals in 10 games - not like the parent club has a goal scoring problem though. Get him back here, play him in the top 6 and get rid of COR ffs

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Baptiste now with 10 goals in 10 games - not like the parent club has a goal scoring problem though. Get him back here, play him in the top 6 and get rid of COR ffs

What is the rush? Let him keep gaining confidence in the AHL.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
How come the usual suspects aren't calling for Nilsson to play over Lehner? Or is that only when Nilsson stands on his head, not when he plays normal.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
How come the usual suspects aren't calling for Nilsson to play over Lehner? Or is that only when Nilsson stands on his head, not when he plays normal.

I thought he played well. The simple fact he can stop pucks in a shoot out makes me want to keep starting him until he gives me a reason not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad