2025 NHL Draft: Baggin' for Hagens

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Since it's clear Sharks are tanking in 2025 too, wanted to proactively make this thread. Let hockey Gods smile at us for all the pain we experienced today. James Hagens would be a nice consolation next year.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
600px-Shoujo_Shuumatsu_Ryokou_tank_1_2.jpeg

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
James Hagens is undoubtedly the crown jewel, but asides, 2025 seems absolutely loaded at F. Some big boys.

- Roger McQueen, WHL 6'5 (RHC/W) that skates really well

- Porter Martone, OHL 6'3 (PF). Soft hands. Brady Tkachuk esque skill + big frame.

(Chemistry with Lindstrom already 👀)

- Anton Frondell, Sweden 6'0 (F)

Every year there seems to be a new stat of a Swedish forward that's producing at the highest rates in the J20 of all time. Frondell has been touted by youth coaches in the Stockholm area to be the best prospect to come out from the capital in a long time.

He has a higher PPG than Henrik Sedin, Lucas Raymond, Kevin Fiala, David Pastrnak, Gabriel Landeskog, Filip Forsberg at the same age. Only trailing Daniel Sedin and William Nylander.

Some questions about his skating, he also plays with our Eklund's baby brother who's a legitimate prospect in his own right.

- Michael Misa, OHL 6'1 (LW/C)

A victim of his own success, and nagging injuries. You never want to see a young player regressing statistically and especially for him who at 15 years old was having his production compared to McDavid and Tavares. It's easy to fall in love when you watch him play; he's big, he skates well, he has high IQ, extremely competitive. Saginaw have a loaded team with Parekh and Owen Beck so he has the facilities to have a strong playoffs and then the recement himself as a superstar prospect in the back end of his DY-1 and then his DY.

Some other guys I'm intrigued by

- Ihs Wozniak 6'3 Sweden (RW/C)

- Ivan Ryabkin 6'0 Russia (C)

All time U17 MHL scoring leading by PPG. Finished with 58 points in 44 games (1.32 PPG)

Better than Kucherov, Buchnevich, Demidov, Grigorenko, But, Michkov

We're so far out that it's almost an exercise in futility trying to go too deep into it. I'm sure there are some talented defenseman that I'm less familiar with, this was just my rough copy of the players I'm excitedly keyed in to.

Shaping up like a draft year that you'd love to have your pick of the litter from.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
SO, so far out, but I expect that PIT will take their top 10 pick this year and trade the prospect (unless Celebrini) to a team that can help them reload one more time. Let's hope for Sharks 2020 energy... let the Wilson+Karlsson Juju continue.

We'll likely have a top 5 pick, a 10-15 pick (unless the amazing happens and PIT truly collapses), and a 20-30 pick from Vegas. As of right now it's probably too far to project whether 2025 is deep, shallow, etc... I think it's clear though that it won't be as D heavy as 2024, which had that projection well before last year's draft.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
History would be better served if all three of those movies were subjected to damnatio memoriae.

Reactions: landshark

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
What makes Hagen such a wanted top prospect? It for sure isn't his stats at the level of leagues he played in this season.

And if it is based on mainly his stats, then he would be still placed below Smith by a tier or 2.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
What makes Hagen such a wanted top prospect? It for sure isn't his stats at the level of leagues he played in this season.

And if it is based on mainly his stats, then he would be still placed below Smith by a tier or 2.
What do you mean? Smith was putting up much worse stats in the same league as Hagens at the same age.

That said I do get the sense Hagens is a guaranteed 1OA this far out the way Celebrini and Bedard were.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

The Athletic even said last Friday it's not 100% Hagens is the number 1 guy. They mentioned Frondell and Martone as guys that could surpass him by next year.

How well does Hensler stack up against the highly touted 2024 crop of defensemen?
I think he fits in the same tier in all of them where he could be a top pairing guy but you're also not sure. He's got another year to prove himself though. At this time last year there wasn't even a thread for Anton Silayev meanwhile Mckenzie had him 2nd overall in his last rankings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad