GDT: U18 Round Robin/QF's

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
US with a 4-0 win.. I said by 5 so I was close.

Congrats Norway! You relegated a team that beat us a few days ago!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Jecho does everything right but score. He's just like Sapo. Ice tilter... always looks good and then not much to finish. Curious if they can improve that with age because the rest of the toolbox is fabulous.
Mrtka was a Top 4 D for us for those wondering. He's an underager. Very good but today was not his day.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Doubt the minutes will reflect this lineup but bold move to toss Benak to line 2.

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Well, it was kneeing officially. Fact is that in the last moment Tomik set himself exactly to the position needed to be kneed into balls.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I took Finland... Swedes are slightly bettter but Finn's are do for a nice run somewhere. Think it'll be close.
They will have to clear their head and dig in, haven't liked their defensive effort at all in this tournament.

I assume they are perfectly capable of doing so.

Oh, I almost forgot.........................congrats on doing in L.A, if you can fake it there, you can fake it anywhere!!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
They will have to clear their head and dig in, haven't liked their defensive effort at all in this tournament.

I assume they are perfectly capable of doing so.
U18 is wildly unpredictable. Ebs and flows. I've always said playing at home is not an advantage. Unless the world's are in Prague of course, then it is totally an advantage.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, Period 1 was good for us but we can't finish on PP or finish any of our good chances. We also took 2 bad penalties... Slovakia starts with 4 minutes on PP and we are down a Top 4 defender. If I'm Slovak.. I'm happy right now!

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
It was a late hit, but imo should have been a minor penalty only for Mrtka. There was no blind side or from behind, Tomik anticipated that.
Definitely not a late hit, it was right after Tomik has moved the puck.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Great kill... Czechs need to get some momentum again. Slovaki period so far

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
In fariness, Sikora has been good too. I think he's been our best forward in the tourney.. low bar as we only have 10 goals but he has some jam to his game here. WOuld be happy to replace his name with Benak, Kos or Jecho though.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: