GDT: 2024 WJC Games: GOLD - USA | SILVER - SWE | BRONZE - CZE | 4TH - FIN

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tough to fault them for their behaviour, they are still only kids. They’ll grow up at some point.
Times have changed since I played all that shit would result in fisticuffs. No fly bys after goal scoring.
Player's raised their sticks had a grin or two and lined up as quick as possible at center ice to go get the next one.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
1704491185357.png

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Biggest thing for me about the US program is the consistency in players who play in the tournaments (U18s/U20s) since it gives them time to gel and develop chemistry. Chemistry always seems lacking with Team Canada at these short tournaments. There also seems to be too much of an individualistic attitude at times too.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

Biggest thing for me about the US program is the consistency in players who play in the tournaments (U18s/U20s) since it gives them time to gel and develop chemistry. Chemistry always seems lacking with Team Canada at these short tournaments. There also seems to be too much of an individualistic attitude at times too.

Totally.

The USA top line has literally been together 3 years, specially since they chose the same College Program. That's ridiculous at this level.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Its starts w Mites (U8) and Squirts (U10) - USA Hockey strongly encourages programs to grow kids together especially elite programs like MidFairfield Rangers, Boston Jr Eagles, North Jersey Avalanche

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I am a humble American and the arrogance of some of these programs is disgusting.
To be fair, I have a hard time cheering for team canada in hockey, we are pretty arrogant about it all the time (though I do cheer the women). People expect to win gold and go on and on about how we could ice 3 top teams...LOL then we go on to finish out of the medals on a few occasions. Still angry Draper was on Team Canada, what an embarrassment by Yzerman.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Its starts w Mites (U8) and Squirts (U10) - USA Hockey strongly encourages programs to grow kids together especially elite programs like MidFairfield Rangers, Boston Jr Eagles, North Jersey Avalanche
Their American Development Model is paying off.

Reactions: donghabs98

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Nice game from him. I said a week or so ago that I’d rather him look good defensively than produce. We all know he can create every time he touches the puck.

He has his skating warts and the size (which isn’t prohibitively small but small enough that it’s a bit of an uphill battle) but people act like he’s incapable of playing D. Someone said he has bad defensive IQ. That’s certainly not the case.

If he was a smoother more effortless skater it would help a lot. @Estimated_Prophet certainly is right in that respect (though I think it’s gotten better).

He’s pretty strong for his size as well which helps. I’ve seen him hit and absorb contact quite well on many occasions.

He needs plenty of work but betting against him so definitively is unwarranted. I can see a scenario where he could possibly not hit his expectations or even be a net liability. But I think he’s too good and driven to not push himself to meet and exceed expectations. He’s got plenty of drive.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Their American Development Model is paying off.
It’s all about $$$. As in all American industry, USA Hockey throws $$$ at all talent - coaches, trainers, big into analytics in youth hockey etc

My children play MidFairfield and you see all the former hockey people coming from CHL, let alone all the Hughes and MSL types

The incredibly heavy focus on skill emulating Euro hockey is impressive

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille