OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
That would be an asinine way to spend cap money early into a rebuild. They aren’t a couple of players from a Super Bowl.

I still can’t believe so many have this mindset after 30 years of losing with it… is it trauma at this point?

No f***ing shortcuts.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
That would be an asinine way to spend cap money early into a rebuild. They aren’t a couple of players from a Super Bowl.

I still can’t believe so many have this mindset after 30 years of losing with it… is it trauma at this point?

No f***ing shortcuts.
1713018381778.gif

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

No f***ing shortcuts.
They have about $50M this year. If they don't spend it on good young players that they could lock up long term, what should they do with it instead?

No one thinks they are one player away right now. But adding all pro talent to long term deals makes sense when you have the opportunity.

That said, I would not trade for Aiyuk, but if he were a UFA I'd be on that.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Based on the amount of DL free agents we’ve brought in, plus we seem to be looking hard at DL in the draft too, Allen could well be a trade candidate.

Lets flip him to SF for Aiyuk. Then we can keep the precious picks

Reactions: Neil Racki

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Adam Schefter gives strongest indication yet at which QB Commanders will draft

"It's safe to order a Jayden Daniels jersey."

It doesn't get much clearer than that, folks.

Schefter doesn't say outright that the Commanders are going to make that pick, but he sure hinted at it.

This is an interesting thing for Schefter to say just days after it was reported that Daniels' visit with the Commanders went poorly. Smoke screens are always prevalent this time of year so it's hard to know who and what to believe, but these reports coming days apart is interesting.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Adam Schefter gives strongest indication yet at which QB Commanders will draft

"It's safe to order a Jayden Daniels jersey."

It doesn't get much clearer than that, folks.

Schefter doesn't say outright that the Commanders are going to make that pick, but he sure hinted at it.

This is an interesting thing for Schefter to say just days after it was reported that Daniels' visit with the Commanders went poorly. Smoke screens are always prevalent this time of year so it's hard to know who and what to believe, but these reports coming days apart is interesting.

I tried to dig into this rumor about the meeting going poorly. The dudes that tweeted this, did so before JD actually came to DC for the 30 meeting. Evan Silva never tweeted this, or he deleted it. Sounds like a baloney rumor.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I keep coming back to the Vikings. They’re built to win now. Trading up for Maye or McCarthy makes little sense. Daniels could not be a better fit. Indoor stadium. Vertical passing game.

Whereas Washington getting a massive package and moving back and taking the Shanahan QB in McCarthy makes a ton of sense for them.

Cosmically, this should be what happens.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I keep coming back to the Vikings. They’re built to win now. Trading up for Maye or McCarthy makes little sense. Daniels could not be a better fit. Indoor stadium. Vertical passing game.

Whereas Washington getting a massive package and moving back and taking the Shanahan QB in McCarthy makes a ton of sense for them.

Cosmically, this should be what happens.

Shanahan QB? You mean Harbaugh?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Jay Gruden says Daniels is Josh Johnson with better accuracy and arm talent like Teddy Bridgewater. Says Maye is the better long term prospect of the two but Daniels is currently more ready to start.

The latest to nail their flag to the mast was Jay Gruden. If the former Washington head coach was part of the decision-making process, he'd be banging the table hard for LSU stud Jayden Daniels based on comments via USA Today Sports.

“I like Jayden [Daniels]. Personally, I just think that he has an elite trait, the speed, and I think he’s gotten better as a passer the last five years from Arizona State to LSU.

“Obviously, he had some better players around him at LSU, but his completion percentage has gone up, and I’ve been impressed (with) the way he stays in the pocket and, when he gets to a second or third progression, throws it accurately. He doesn’t have a natural gifted arm, but he has athletic traits that are very good and he does have a strong enough arm to get the ball to the right people. And, I see him do some good things inside the pocket and outside the pocket. The biggest concern you have on him is his ability to stay healthy, because for him to be a special player in the NFL, he’s got to utilize his legs and be able to take some hits.”

Still wouldn’t trust Jay ;)

Reactions: ynotcaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

The latest to nail their flag to the mast was Jay Gruden. If the former Washington head coach was part of the decision-making process, he'd be banging the table hard for LSU stud Jayden Daniels based on comments via USA Today Sports.

“I like Jayden [Daniels]. Personally, I just think that he has an elite trait, the speed, and I think he’s gotten better as a passer the last five years from Arizona State to LSU.

“Obviously, he had some better players around him at LSU, but his completion percentage has gone up, and I’ve been impressed (with) the way he stays in the pocket and, when he gets to a second or third progression, throws it accurately. He doesn’t have a natural gifted arm, but he has athletic traits that are very good and he does have a strong enough arm to get the ball to the right people. And, I see him do some good things inside the pocket and outside the pocket. The biggest concern you have on him is his ability to stay healthy, because for him to be a special player in the NFL, he’s got to utilize his legs and be able to take some hits.”

Still wouldn’t trust Jay ;)
Ugh. Just got major RGMe flashbacks

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Would still be a total f*** up schedule-wise on the part of peters and co. Like if you’re maye and the others why even bother showing up, all crammed in one day while daniels gets one to himself

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Would still be a total f*** up schedule-wise on the part of peters and co. Like if you’re maye and the others why even bother showing up, all crammed in one day while daniels gets one to himself

Well if any of them want to quit and not compete, let them. Its not like we know the intimate scheduling details here... maybe these were the days the guys were available due to other meetings they had?

Reactions: TCB

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Well if any of them want to quit and not compete, let them. Its not like we know the intimate scheduling details here... maybe these were the days the guys were available due to other meetings they had?
True - in any case I’m not mad about it, I want daniels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad