Speculation: 2024 trade deadline discussion

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He's a top 4 D on pretty much any team not named Vegas right now. He's the only untouchable for me not on the current NHL roster.
Interesting. I do like his potential as well.

I’m curious because the Blues would likely need a defenseman if you were to put together a package for Buchnevich, and Cormier doesn’t really fit our needs (we don’t need an undersized offensive guy). If Korczak isn’t available, do you think either Whitecloud or Hague would be?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Interesting. I do like his potential as well.

I’m curious because the Blues would likely need a defenseman if you were to put together a package for Buchnevich, and Cormier doesn’t really fit our needs (we don’t need an undersized offensive guy). If Korczak isn’t available, do you think either Whitecloud or Hague would be?
I'd say they are available, I'd like to keep them but if one of them gets us over the line for Buch I say do it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd say they are available, I'd like to keep them but if one of them gets us over the line for Buch I say do it.
Not even Buchnevich is untouchable as far as VGK is concerned

predictions:
Barbs Eichel Marchy
Buch Stepho Stone
Zucker(50%) WB Luigi
Carrier Roy Keegs
Howden
Cotter
Doro
Boyd
Morozov

Martinez Petro
McNabb Teddy
Hague Whitecloud
Hutton
Miro
Korczak
Bjornfoot

Hill
LT
Comrie

cap hit...
doctor-evil-austin-powers.gif

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Maybe this isn't the team to spend assets on.

At the very least make sure those assets aren't rentals. If they want to do something for a repeat run, no matter how unlikely, that's fine. But make sure this trade is a useful piece going forward, and then the offseason and next season's TDL on top could remake the team to some degree.

Because they've looked pretty stale all season.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don't waste assets. This team might not even make the playoffs. Even if they do, they are probably a first round exit.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Don't waste assets. This team might not even make the playoffs. Even if they do, they are probably a first round exit.
Buchnevich has an extra year, makes less than 6m and should be re-upped after that when the cap goes up. Trading for him gets a healthy body in the lineup so it's both a short term and long term solution for these humps.

Plus maybe they won't give up 2 shorties a game.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Someone go take Mcrimmons phone away from him until after the deadline.

I'm sure they'll be very patient, as usual. :laugh:

One hockey deal I wouldn't mind is trying to pry Ferraro out of SJ. It's looking like the Flames have resigned themselves to the fact that Hanafin will sign an extension with Tampa Bay.

MANTHA TO VEGAS DONE DEAL

Last edited:

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
LeBrun says we aren't chasing hard after Guentzel any more:

Rental forwards

Jake Guentzel

Vegas certainly seemed like a logical destination for Guentzel, and no question the Golden Knights had talks with the Pittsburgh Penguins, but they don’t appear to be in the mix as much anymore — and not just because they acquired Anthony Mantha from the Washington Capitals on Tuesday. The Knights could still try to add another forward before Friday’s deadline.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
LeBrun says we aren't chasing hard after Guentzel any more:

I think it makes sense. Guentzel is a rental and we don't spend big on rentals. Mantha for a 2nd is a pretty big cost for us for a rental.

And now that we have our rental, I would think our next acquisition will be for someone with term or who we can extend. Especially if that's where our 1st is going.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If they put the condition on the pick because they are trading another and going super all in then would a 1st, Whitecloud/Hague and Cotter for Buchnevich be possible?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad