WC: 2024 Team USA

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If we could also get Faber that would be ideal. That would give us 3 defensemen (Werenski, Sanderson, Faber) with very real and deserved shots at making a best-of team. Jones will be under consideration too even if he shouldn't be. If we added a real 4th defenseman worth of best-of consideration that'd be a home run.

Kunin, Pinto, etc on 4th line is fine IMO.

For sure. But just waiting to see that they're 4th line and not top 6 like they would be in most World Championships

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Faulk/Faber is just a suggestion on my part. Nothing confirmed.

Edit: I see Faulk has been out with an injury lately, so he is not very likely for Worlds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Shame Jack had to do the shoulder surgery, could have had a nice Hughes-Zegras- Caufield reunion.

Realistic best roster player pool guys who should be showing up to throw their name in the hat; Larkin, Faber, Boldy, Tage, Tuch, L. Hughes, Keller, Cooley, Gaudreau. Does Kane show up/ feel he needs to?

It's crazy how quickly Gaudreau has dropped. I know Columbus is hot garbage, but man he would not be making a best on best team

Reactions: AmericanDream

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Shame Jack had to do the shoulder surgery, could have had a nice Hughes-Zegras- Caufield reunion.

Realistic best roster player pool guys who should be showing up to throw their name in the hat; Larkin, Faber, Boldy, Tage, Tuch, L. Hughes, Keller, Cooley, Gaudreau. Does Kane show up/ feel he needs to?

It's crazy how quickly Gaudreau has dropped. I know Columbus is hot garbage, but man he would not be making a best on best team
He could start next year on fire leading the league in scoring. He should play at the Worlds, have a good tournament there, and get his name back in a positive light. That could springboard him into next season and making the roster for next season if he turns it around. I think he’s capable of it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Gaudreau's goal.scoring is way down but his assists numbers are actually really good on such a piss poor team. He'd be a welcome addition to this WC team and a strong possibility for the NHL tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Johnny is going to be back. I think it might be a good for him to take a break and come back stronger next year. I expected him to sign with Flyers or Devils and I think they would have been better choices than awful Blue Jackets. It is interesting why his camp thought BJ is a better option. Money wasn't that much better.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gaudreau's goal.scoring is way down but his assists numbers are actually really good on such a piss poor team. He'd be a welcome addition to this WC team and a strong possibility for the NHL tournament.
Yeah, he has nobody to play with who can actually make plays. His primary assist numbers are still elite, but his goal and secondary assist numbers are way down because nobody can consistently set up scoring chances except him.

We've seen what he's capable of when given some talent to play with.

Reactions: SK94

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
He’s had some injuries this season but if healthy, would be nice to add Dylan Larkin if the Red Wings don’t make it. Gaudreau/Caufield/Thompson/Brady Tkachuk/Zegras all being committed right away is huge. Can’t believe they’re actually getting best on best talent to commit to this tournament. The worlds is gonna be crazy this year

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Damn. US is not f*cking around this time. Shows clearly that Bill Guerin has told the bubble players that showing commitment to this Worlds could be decisive in terms of World Cup and Olympics.

Any suggestions for the lines?

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Taking a stab at some possible lineups:

ZEGRAS - THOMPSON - CAUFIELD
GAUDREAU - Larkin - TKACHUK
Boldy - PINTO - Keller
Tuch - KUNIN - Gauthier

Rust/Vatrano/Kane/Beniers/Copp/Compher/DeBrincat/Nelson?

JONES - WERENSKI
Faber - HUGHES
Hutson - SANDERSON
VLASIC

Marino?

Daccord
Lyon
Primeau
Gibson (injured?)

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Looking forward to seeing Werenski and Jones together again. Still a pity they weren't able to pair up at the Olympics when they were still teammates.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This team is shaping up to be a legit gold favorite. Tons of great dmen and some big time scorers up front.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Hopefully Guerin can convince Faber, Boldy, and Hartman to sign up. Faber and Boldy especially as they should definitely be in the mix for best-of teams. Faber probably staring down a big contract here shortly, too, so hopefully that happens ASAP to have one less variable at play.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad