WC: 2024 Team USA

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kind of funny that you put "injury" in quotes, I guess Jack missed those games because he just didn't feel like playing.

Guys get hurt and play through injuries literally all the time when their team is in the playoff hunt.

Wasn't referring to the time he missed. Was referring to the recent run of games.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kind of funny that you put "injury" in quotes, I guess Jack missed those games because he just didn't feel like playing.

Guys get hurt and play through injuries literally all the time when their team is in the playoff hunt.

Except injury only seems to bother him when it comes to defending or playing position. He's fine stickhandling or shooting.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Matt Kessel is having a good rookie season for the Blues. Maybe an option on defense.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nice turn around year for Farabee, one of my favs. He would fit in perfectly here..

Farabee’s play has cratered since February. Not that he’s the only one but the others could have more of a legit excuse of being overextended this year with their usage.

I think him & York are the only two plausible best on best candidates from the Flyers even if both are probably long shots at this point. But both are plausibly close enough I’d imagine to have to take this tournament serious if they have any hope. I haven’t heard anything about either being injured or not. For my money I think York has been the better player or the two this year.

If they don’t get the bump in participation with the upcoming international tournaments then you have the likes of Noah Cates, Ryan Poehling, Garnet Hathaway, & Bobby Brink’s of the world. I think historically you can & they certainly have had worse than those guys as they’re at least useful bottom six NHL players. But like I said I’d imagine you’re/they’re hoping not to dig that far down the list this year.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The "injury" story is getting old with both Hughes brothers. That was Luke's story with Team USA and Michigan and now apparently Jack is "less than 100%".

Way too convenient of an excuse. Particularly when they receive tons of ice time. Not buying it.

Except injury only seems to bother him when it comes to defending or playing position. He's fine stickhandling or shooting.

Jack Hughes is ending his season, and will have surgery in his shoulder April 10.

Life comes at you fast @Jersey Fan 12

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
And this is the player upon whom the Devils are building the franchise?
If only the Devils management took the advice of that one poster from Finland who bashed Hughes in his draft year, endlessly with videos on here, saying he would never be a center at the NHL level, not strong enough, weak shot, draft Kakko instead at #1....if only they did this the Devils could have avoided this mess...sigh...

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
If only the Devils management took the advice of that one poster from Finland who bashed Hughes in his draft year, endlessly with videos on here, saying he would never be a center at the NHL level, not strong enough, weak shot, draft Kakko instead at #1....if only they did this the Devils could have avoided this mess...sigh...
He's not a center.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
A US roster at the Worlds where potentially the top 6 forwards are all top 6 forwards on their NHL team? Is this real life? The last few tournaments the talent level overall has seen a significant dip but it seems like there’s gonna be a lot of star power this year thanks to the 4 Nations Cup next year. Really forward to this year

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
I propose to hold the World Cup in Prague every year. I think Luke Tardif should think about it :)

Reactions: jaro

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
Soo, for now it is Seth Jones, Brady Tkachuk, Trevor Zegras, Luke Kunin, Jake Sanderson, Zach Werenski, Cole Caufield, Alex Vlasic, do i forgot someone ?

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Soo, for now it is Seth Jones, Brady Tkachuk, Trevor Zegras, Luke Kunin, Jake Sanderson, Zach Werenski, Cole Caufield, Alex Vlasic, do i forgot someone ?
I think thats about right. Pinto has also said that he is interested, but he needs a new contract first etc.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Pinto expressed interest though I’d expect he’s not going unless he gets an extension done

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Jones and Vlasic play together in CHI, so I guess they will do that also in the Worlds.

Jones - Vlasic
Faulk - Werenski
Faber - Sanderson

Maybe something like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad